Return the guaranteed Defense potion drop to abysses

Before I was properly able to do abysses there was a guaranteed drop for def. And now that I’m able to put in the effort to do abysses, they only drop vit with a slim chance of a def. I understand why Deca took it out, the price of def would deflate extremely but, I’m seeing less and less people calling/doing sewers. Especially due to the fact that not as many drop. I was thinking that Deca could put vit in the sewers and return def to the abyss? Give me your opinion on whether this is a good idea or not, I’m just sick of def costing so much now, my life pots are practicly worthless… :frowning:

Looking for a guild that uses discord/skype/teamspeak. Preferably around the asia oriented servers
Why do people hate the idea of a UT weekend so much?

Ikr! They should unpatch all the duping methods too! Everything was so nice and cheap!!1!!!

Saying you dislike something because it puts you at a disadvantage, you’re fine.

Saying you dislike something and it should be changed because you don’t like it without using a single rational argument? Bruh…

Look, as I was saying, I wasn’t able to do abysses back in the golden days. And that’s why it’s so fucking infuriating to me, I can do them now and there is no point. Deca might as well remove the abyss and put vit in the sewers. Shit is all fucked up now. It’s so shit, the market is literal aids now. People are just too greedy, and people like me WILLING to pay 8 def for a life are just getting fucked. Something needs to be done about drop rates of the SUPER inflated pots. e.g. DEF DEF DEF.

So because you weren’t able to get def from abyss, they should bring it back?

11/10 reason, @Deca do it

How does your completely biased and anecdotal evidence provide any reason for what you’re demanding?

For some reason, i fear you have very limited economic knowledge.

Oh, yeah, because an economy that doesn’t directly work exactly in YOUR favor is broken.

Although i would support some kind of change, i’d much rather have what’s currently in the game rather than your autistic screeching with fancy buzz words you use to hide the fact that you actually have no idea what you’re talking about.

But i’ll give you one more try. Give us a rational argument you think the current system needs to be changed.

Sure, when I was a young noob and was unable to do abysses, I would hear about the golden dungeon called the “Abyss of demons”. With the fact that the risk is very high and the reward is fairly decent, 2 pots! I thought this was amazing. Now, considering the fact that the def drop has been removed and the difficulty to get ONE pot is so high, do you think that’s fair? Honestly, did you like the fact that def was removed? I doubt anyone did. The incentive to do abysses is much lower now, not a lot of people run abysses now considering the nerfing of the drop rate for def. I’m just complaining about how everything is so inflated now, and how my valuable life pots are worth less than the dirt under a noobs toenail. I’m pissed off with everything being either SUPER high or SUPER low. Mana used to be worth 5-6 def, now it’s 2. Life used to be worth 7-8 def, now it’s 5-6. Do you see a common thread here?

Well, since your only argument is an emotional and anecdotal one, i’ll do the same.

Since the day that the Abyss started to drop guaranteed def pots, i spammed Abysses. I did nearly 15000 in 2 years. It was extremely profitable. But even though i amased so much of my wealth from this dungeon, i knew it was a good idea for the guaranteed def pot to be removed. Not because i wanted it to be removed. I really hated it. But i don’t use my irrational emotions as arguments.

The abyss of demon’s dungeon combined with the introduction of pets made the most vital pot extremely obtainable through a dungeon that was easily rushed with even a decent pet. Common players were able to make a def a minute. The economy, at that time, was actually broken. A def pot shouldn’t be possible to obtain that effortlessly and quickly.

Well, considering it was ran far too often before, this is a nice change.

Well, if the only thing you care about is people being able to get items easy, then damn, DECA should simply unpatch duping methods. Then everyone will have everything. And since of course, by your statements, it seems that people being able to obtain the item is all that matters, this seems like a good idea.

… well when you say it like that

I understand that you could just fucking destroy an abyss and get so rich from it, what my main argument is, is that it’s now harder to obtain from running the dungeon. It was quite op at the time. But, there were fuck ups Deca made with removing def drops: Why keep the def drop in the troom? That totally goes against what they were doing. Why not make the dungeon a little bit easier considering the risk to reward ratio 100000:1? I completely agree with you saying it’s a nice change that no one does abysses any more but I think that def being readily available on the market is more important than vit (My opinion! I’m not saying it’s worth less or vice versa).

So in other words we went from one extreme to another? But the only difference is… you don’t like this extreme?

Because now there’s actually an incentive to clear rooms that don’t go directly to the boss.

Because the whole idea was to make it so that the Abyss’s risk to reward ratio was normal. It’s way too damn easy. A 0/8 priest can do it in just several minutes.

And i’m saying that you got so used to the economy being flooded with an extreme amount of def pots that when it’s back to a normal rate, you act as if it’s too low.

Abysses combined with the functionalities of pets made it an extremely repetitious and broken dungeon, yet it was run extremely often. It needed to be fixed, regardless of the effects on the autistic spoiled-brat economy we have going on now.

Does an item not cost the amount you want it to? Well, then… that can only mean… THE ECONOMY IS BROKEN DECA FIX PLS” ~ Literally Ever Damn Player

Then might as well make Sewers drop 2 def. Def was supposed to be hard to max. Not easy. Abysses are easy to rush.

How so?

Maybe if you didn’t spend so much time trying to merch or whining about Sewers, you’d realize there are other places in the game that drop Def.

Def was only supposed to drop in Abyss because godlands were supposed to no longer drop stat pots. Keeping Def drops in both locations made it way too easy to farm, especially considering how broken Abyss rush became with Heal/Electric pets.

My priest was 2/8 had a prot and couldn’t do an abyss. Rip bulwark

Stop calling people retarded over a little argument over a game.

But that wont ever happen, trof is probably incapable of apologizing

the reason the def was removed was because not only was the abyss one of the most common dungeons in the game but with pets they could be rushed with ease with a maxed melee (or priest).

as def is one of the most vital stats in the game and maxing def is probably the best thing you can do to increase your suitability. and having it drop in a ultimately pathetic dungeon along with vit ultimately meant that the economy was massively inflated from the 100s of people running abysses 24/7.

now ultimately its more balance with the def still having a moderate drop rate being that if you keep on rushing them you will still get alot of def its just much slower now.
and sewers with them being less common then abyss an also significantly harder to rush meant that the economy is much more balanced and is ultimately better because of it. (its still horrible but its better now)

and tbh i prefer sewers over abysses, they are harder to rush but when your clearing its ultimately easier then the abyss without max def due to the fact most of the dangerous enemy’s Armour brake in the sewers making max def not as important in sewers then it is in the abyss. making it easier for people to do from 0 to max def in sewers easier then 0 to 25 in abysses.

those are just my 52 cents and if it turns out i have a completely invalid argument then please inform me.

I’m not trying to roast you…

Then why are all of your posts complaining about prices and how you can’t sell your Lifes for as many Defs as before?

I never said you did, just said you were complaining about them.

Too much whining. Got bored of your textwalls.

Again: no. Abyss was never supposed to drop Def and Build 9 was a mistake on Kabam’s part.

You seem upset.

It does, sort of. Your chance of getting a def from one of the Slime Gods is pretty high; I’ve gotten two def pots many times, three a few and four once (though that involved two golden rats). The average is probably around two. And the boss is very generous, so if there are two or three people you almost always get one from the boss.

I thought we got over this months ago…
Def is already fairly easy to max with selling pots 2:1 or 3:1 def. There is really no need to add guaranteed def back to the abyss. With a group you can crush through the abyss and get 2 guaranteed vit and a decent chance for a def. Godlands farming and sprites can also be a way to get def.