RotMG Game Break

So if anyone is the same way I am, you’re big into games and rotate between multiple at a time so as to not get bored.

Unfortunately for me, I broke that rotation when I switched to this laptop (can no longer use steam). So I played RotMG 24/7 and got burned out. So I only play 3-4 hours a week until I get the drive again. In the meantime I’ve played a game since open beta called Trove. If any of you are interested in finding a new pixel-like game give it a try and see if you like it. Those of you who already have it feel free to contact me in-game and we can hang out and stuff (ign is Melididiouse).

Trove is owned by Glyph so you have to do a similar download as you would with LoL or Hearthstone or something else like that.

See you there!

I started LoL from 2015 September to 2016 June, then Hearthstone until December, and ROTMG until now.

My ROTMG playtime is getting lower and lower as I get back into hearthstone. I can relate.

I might check out trove. Cheers.

I was big into Hearthstone for awhile, but for some reason my need to have a card-based game to play is very erratic, I haven’t played for a few years now. Maybe it’s because it gets a little too repetitive for my tastes after I found games like Trove and Skyrim and got back into Runescape a bit and started to play RotMG again.

But I’m on hiatus with most of those so it may come back, but I doubt it. Games are much more enjoyable now playing with friends and most of the ones I grew up with are either single-player, or I never took advantage of the MMO community.

Hey give hearthstone a go after all these years. You might like it.

Alright, I’ll fire it up this weekend when I got time.

hmm I want to take a great from realm too, but I absolutely hate learning games, I suck at Moba and fps. I think I might go back to age of empire 2 :thinking:

I have AoE and AoE 3 with all expansions, it’s what got me into gaming! But I never used any of the hotkeys. Once I learned to use hotkeys and quick access stuff games like Trove (which is actually quite hotkey heavy) became easy.

They give an okay tutorial, but most things are easy to find and the most common ones like inventory (B) and character selection (J) You’ll typically use at least 1-3 times an hour so you’ll get those down pat pretty quick.

what! no AOE 2? I didn’t play 1 but it doesn’t look that great, three isn’t my style and its not as good as two in my opnion. But after learning hotkeys, for some reason the game got more boring, as it turned into more of a speed thing.

Yeah I know, I was never able to find AoE 2. I actually started with AoE 3, and later found AoE 1. The first one doesn’t rely so much on speed and finesse as it does micromanagement, which is my least favorite aspect of it. But my problem with AoE 3 is that with increased difficulty the AI doesn’t get smarter making the match harder, it just gets resources stupid fast putting in half the effort you put in, which I consider bad coding.

hmm intersting, b/c im pretty sure 2 is the most popular. i was on steam one day and decided to buy it b/c of childhood memories.

I’ve had steam for years, but I preferred physical copies up until a few years ago. When I had access to a better laptop games like Skyrim were more fun than AoE series to me. When I rediscovered them on steam it was enough of a bummer to have to buy AoE 3 again to get the expansions I had never played.

I might get AoE 2 if it rolls around my head, I just think overall I might prefer Stronghold series more. I got Stronghold Legends around the same time and it has been the most enjoyable for me, a decent balance of micromanagement and domination by force size. Still too old school to have an intelligent AI though, I hate ramping up difficulty to only copy the resource gain yet only have 1/3 of the output.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.