RotMG Roleplay Side Mode

I’ve been thinking about a possible game mode dedicated purely to roleplaying. It would have no bearing on other game modes whatsoever. Instead, it’d be an easy way to interact with other players and use the cosmetics that people have gotten either from the shop or from playing. The Grand Bazaar already has a few themed rooms that could be used for roleplay. This mode wouldn’t have to change much other than adding in a character and pet wardrobe for easy access, and it could be a fun way to socialize with other players in a safe (gamewise) environment while also giving an incentive to use more cosmetic options such as dyes and emotes.

Thought about making a discord about something similar since its easier to automate with NPC with bots unlike rotmg where you would need to use real players or Deca would need to add actual NPCs which are kinda rendered useless by missions.
Missions is also the reason I decided to not go through with the idea. I think due to the expansion of the quest system there is nearly no demand outside of people who like dedicated roleplaying which are few in this game.

While I think Deca will not add any storyline NPC quests for now, perhaps someone else will take this idea in the future and make something. I think the pieces are all there but it will take a lot of effort and support.

I personally believe that NPCs would be essential to facilitate roleplaying since alone the idea would quickly run out of steam especially since timezones and other factors will make it hard for players to meet regularly for an extended period.

The obvious way to do this is as a guild. The guild hall would become a private meeting hall for your roll playing group, while they could still use corners of bazaar or nexus for more thematic get togethers.

Guild chat could host the actual roll playing, avoiding distraction from other chat while stopping non-participants interfering in any way.

So if anything is added it should be to do with guilds. I am unclear what though. Everyone already has a pet + char wardrobe; they could be more directly accessible but you don’t normally use them as much as e.g. changing chars or feeding your pet, and I don’t think that would change with role playing. Other things like emotes, titles could be used, but they can and are used by players not interested in role playing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.