Samurai

So I know tons of people have done this before but I made a pretty decent sprite of it standing, I was thinking that it would use a katana, heavy armor, and maybe for an ability it could be a long stick that spins around you doing damage but I’m not sure

Stats
60 speed 75 vitality
60 dexterity 50 attack
25-30 defence? 50 wisdom
252 mana points 720 health

Not exactly sure what the stats would have to be, to be a ‘balanced’ character
give me some suggestions for stats and abillities

I HAD OTHER PICTURES AND I CANT POST THEMMMMM

Shooting

Shooting 2

And Walking

Good sprite! Move the other images onto the original post; also, I suggest taking a look at this guide for posting images. However, there is no actual idea: are you going to update the idea with content, or should I move it to fan art?

I suggest that you explain the ability in detail and then post this again.

From what I can gather from the stats, the dude is supposed to be a fast class, used for rushing, I won’t question it, but you might want to switch it up, Ninja is already a rusher, and a second class would have to be a tank or a dps machine.

Moving on, the ability itself sounds fine, but that depends on how you use it, if it deals damage all around you in a small radius, you’ll want to make damage high, the converse applies as well, small radii also mean that the class should be able to tank heavier too, so the stats would need to be reworked.

The sprite looks pretty good, I can see what you were going for, but in this image.

I can’t help seeing mickey mouse, the red cloths, the black ears, ITS TOO MUCH!!!
Also, you might want to compile all of your sprites into a gif, as @PwrNewAcct said.

Good Idea, needs heavy detailing, but it could turn out great.

STOP WITH FKING KATANA + HEAVY ARMOR btw gg nice sprites :wink:

that sprite is UGH

The idea appears to be minorly incomplete, but so far here is what I think of the stats:
-The speed is a little too high for a heavy armor class. Try around 50-55.
-The dexterity and attack to use a tad rework. Perhaps Dex 60 => 50-55 and Att 50 => 60-65, as heavy armors are slower but heavier hitters.
-Vitality appears to be in fair condition
-Health is a tad low for a heavy armor, but this is “special case” at the same time.
-Mana amount is at basic max, no change needed.
-Wisdom is at basic max, try to keep your ability slightly around your wisdom (i.e. lower wisdom = no wis modifier and vise versa).

Also regarding the sprite, you should make the katana a lighter color, as black looks a little clashing with the sprite shape and style.

Anyways, that’s just my look at the class and its stats, let’s see where this goes in the future!

Here’s my idea for a Samurai ability:

KUNAI WITH CHAIN

Say you point your mouse at a Medusa and hit the space bar. The Medusa would then be dragged right on top of you, paralyzed and stunned for a short duration of time, as well as dealing a fair amount of damage. Then you can wail away on the Medusa for a little, then back out and repeat.
(note, if the monster doesn’t move, like the Avatar of the Forgotten King, only the paralyze and stun will be applied).

This could really go well with the idea of trading blows that the real samurais of the world have. Idk, just an idea.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.