Seelpit's Grand Solo Wine Cellar "Guide"+Tier list

Today, I marked a point in my own history for killing O2 all by myself.
Then, somewhat later, I thought to myself “Perhaps I should give advice to other players wanting to attempt something like this, like a tier list”.

And so, this list has come to be!

Basic knowledge of the Wine Cellar: Minions

The first topic I’d like to talk about is the basic knowledge required of the Wine Cellar. Therefore, I will make a quick summary of each enemy and their level of danger when fought on a character with 40 def.

Aberrant of Oryx and Aberrant Blaster
HP: 1000 and 100, respectively
Def: 12 and 0, respectively
Attacks: The former does not attack, and only throw-spawns the latter, which self-destructs, shooting 6 shots towards you that will deal 50 base damage each at a 60 degree angle. They do not move, however.
Deadliness: Neglectable
Killability: Easily killed, even by Wand classes

Vintner of Oryx
HP: 1500
Def: 18
Attacks: A single, mediumly slow shot. Base damage of 50, but inflicts Drunk for 4 seconds, which can make it harder to see other attacks; when hardware acceleration is enabled, your screen becomes warped, while if it isn’t, your screen will be pretty blurry. I personally prefer warped over blurry, but it’s up to you what you can handle best.
Deadliness: Somewhat neglectable; Drunk as minor threat
Killability: Easily killed, although slightly tankier than others

Monstrosity of Oryx and Monstrosity Scarab
HP: 1000 and 200, respectively
Def: 12 and 0, respectively
Attacks: Similar to Aberrant of Oryx. However, the Monstrosity Scarab will chase players at high speed, and self-destructs into 12 shots of 50 base damage each. Also spawned by Oryx himself, although he throws them instead of directly spawning them.
Deadliness: Somewhat neglectable; can inflict somewhat major damage when multiple perfectly explode on you
Killability: Easily killed

Bile of Oryx
HP: 3000
Def: 80
Attacks: Does not directly attack: spawns unkillable purple goo that dissolves over a timespan of 6 seconds. Contact causes Slow for 3.4 seconds and Sick for 5; also deals 40-70 base damage.
Deadliness: When combined with other enemies, can be very deadly; you can barely dodge attacks while slowed, and you will not regenerate any health while sickened, unless you remove the effects with a Tome of Purification, Geb Tome, or Holy Water and heal afterwards
Killability: Somewhat difficult: much tankier than aforementioned, and has high defense. Melees have less trouble killing them, but more with the goo
Extra tips: Since they do not follow the Henchman of Oryx like the others, it is best to leave them alive in one spot rather than killing them to avoid having to deal with minions that focus on attacking you.

Abomination of Oryx
HP: 1000
Def: 12
Attacks: Occasionally charges towards you, shooting a total of 23 bullets of 50 damage each. Can inflict mild damage if not dodged, somewhat severe when with low def.
Deadliness: Not very deadly, but not to be taken lightly either
Killability: Easily killed

Henchman of Oryx
HP: 4000
Def: 25
Attacks: Three shots of 80 damage each at medium angle; one boomerang shot of 100 damage that incflicts Confused for 1.5 seconds. Also spawns three of aforementioned enemies (ex. Abomination, Aberrant, and Bile; cannot have more than 3 active)
Deadliness: Somewhat deadly with fairly high damage; confuse can send you towards other enemies or Oryx when you’re not careful. Make sure to clear these on your way to Oryx while soloing.
Killability: Somewhat difficult, due to their larger health pools and decent defense.
Extra Tips: During the Oryx fight, up to 4 will be active at once: rather than focusing on destroying one at a time, damage each one sufficiently to kill them in rapid succession; continue to kill off their remaining minions to have a short period where you can circle Oryx without any annoying minions.

Basic knowledge of the Wine Cellar: Oryx the Mad God 2

Secondly, it’s time to analyze Oryx himself.

Oryx the Mad God 2
HP: 75,000
Def: 60
Attacks: Shoots 3 of the following at the closest player:

• Blue Star dealing 160 base damage; speed of 10.5 tiles per second and range of 12.6 tiles; inflicts Confused for 5 seconds.
  • Green Star dealing 160 base damage; speed of 7 tiles per second and range of 17.5 tiles; inflicts Slow for 10 seconds.
  • Purple Star dealing 160 base damage; speed of 5.5 tiles per second and range of 16.5 tiles; inflicts Blind for 5 seconds.
  • Red Star dealing 160 armor piercing damage; speed of 5.5 tiles per second and range of 16.5 tiles.
  • White Star deaing 160 base damage; speed of 4.5 tiles per second and range of 13.5 tiles.
  • Blade dealing 240 base damage; speed of 10 tiles per second and range of 4.5.
    The following have a different pattern:
  • Gray Spinner dealing 1 damage; 36 shots at a 360 degree angle (circle-like); inflicts Weak for 60 seconds, effectively nullifying your damage for a whole minute. Should you get hit, try to back off and wait for it to wear off. It’s more effective than trying to continue and not caring about being hit again. Only starts using this during Chase phase.
  • Dark Gray Spinner dealing 1 damage; 36 shots at a 360 degree angle (identical to aforementioned attack); inflicts Quiet for 20 seconds. Should you be on a class reliant on its ability, back off and wait for it to wear off. Only starts using this during Chase phase.
  • Fire Bolt dealing 135 base damage; 8 shots at a 45 degree angle (circle-like).
    Behaviour: Every few seconds, Oryx will tell the players his current HP in the form of a taunt; this is more reliable than having health bars enabled. He will try to keep 4 Henchmen of Oryx alive until he reaches 22,500 health; at this threshold, Oryx will be invulnerable for a few seconds; he will then proceed to chase you at a moderately slow speed without keeping his Henchmen alive. The Spinners will be fired now, too.

When circling on any class, circle towards the left. Should you get confused - whether it be because of a stray Henchman’s boomerang or Oryx’ Blue Star - you’ll start moving backwards by holding A or whatever button you’ve bound “walk left” to.

Class Tier List on soloing

Finally, I will hereby give the tier list for the classes on how well/easily they can solo a full Wine Cellar! Note that this does not include the fight against Oryx the Mad God (the first one).
###Top Tier:

Assassin: Although the dagger has short range, the Assassin’s poison is a great way to damage Oryx as well as his minions for fairly heavy amounts of damage. Should you want to play riskier, bring a Bone Dagger to pierce through Oryx’ minions that might get in the way. Otherwise, just use the Dagger of Foul Malevolence to deal some damage at a short-ish distance.
Sorcerer: Easily capable of piercing through Oryx’ minions with tiered wands in his first phase and also being able to pierce through his 60 def with a Crystal Wand, on top of the ability to blast extra damage onto his minions using a Scepter, the Sorcerer is surprisingly good at soloing Wine Cellars.
Archer: Able to pierce at a medium distance for good damage, as well as being able to paralyze Oryx without the need of an Electric Pet. However, without a Doom Bow, it can be hard to deal good damage.
Wizard: With the highest offensive stats, the Wizard actually deals quite decent damage against Oryx. However, due to his high defense, the Staff is nerfed heavily, since defense applies to each shot individually. Regardless, the Spellbomb can deal great damage to Oryx from a distance ever further than that of a Wand - and it can be used behind walls!
Priest: Although lacking in damage, the Priest can still perform well against Oryx similar to the Sorcerer. When using a Tome of Holy Protection, you can even tank some of the bullets from his minions. The Geb Tome and Tome of Purification are also great for removing Weak, or, when timed correctly, can even neutralize Quiet.

###Good Tier:

Huntress: Though similar to the Archer, the Huntress’ traps are a lot less useful. With the only Paralyzing trap costing 130 MP, it is much harder to permanently paralyze Oryx. She remains a good choice.
Knight: Yeah, yeah, you might’ve thought he would’ve been higher, but the Knight isn’t as great as the others. Still, a good stun can allow you to easily get some damage on Oryx - if you can get in, that is.
Mystic: Although the Mystic has the least DPS of all Staff classes based on stats, she can still perform well by giving herself a Berserk boost with the higher tiered orbs; she can also Curse Oryx and Stasis his minions close to him, allowing her to pick off others and damage Oryx from a safe distance.
Rogue: As you may’ve seen in BlueMarble’s video, it’s entirely possible to solo Oryx on a Rogue. However, it requires patience, good timing, and a Bone Dagger. If done correctly, it, again, is just a matter of patience.

###Somewhat Decent Tier:

Necromancer: Needing a Staff of Esben to pierce, the Necromancer is the least useful of the Staff classes, although the Skull can allow him to quickly regenerate any health lost.
Trickster: It is difficult to use the Trickster succesfully in a Wine Cellar. Timing and control of your Decoy are essential, and it is very easy to die, as you may have seen in Kristoffer rotmg’s video of him going against Oryx on a Trickster on his own.
NInja: As the third class to pierce with tiered weapons and the last class added since the game’s release, the Ninja does not perform very well in soloing Oryx. Even with a Doku No Ken, it can be tricky to get good damage on Oryx while surviving his minions.

###Just Really Not Good Tier:

Warrior and Paladin: The two boosting melee classes are, sadly, the worst to solo Oryx with. Although the Warrior might be a bit better thanks to the Speedy bonus, that doesn’t quite save him should he get slowed while circling Oryx while being in range of his 240 base damage blade shots. And it’s grim for the Paladin, too - even though the Oreo may create a short window of opportunity, how are you going to get back out of there? Not easily, and not unharmed.

One final note: most of this is my opinion and is also based on my own experiences. More experienced players can, of course, make any class work - but the tier list is more of a base; they can be better, but in general they’re about this good.

And that’s it. Took me a damn long time.
I hope this helps you all should you want to try and beat Oryx the Mad God all by yourself or with a guildie!

No hate man, But I think this can be pretty well summarized into something alot smaller (but kudos on leaving this VERY well organized)

• Don’t walk on the purple blobs

• Avoid the big gray dudes

• rogue just cloak in, count to 4, run out, repeat

• assassin, self-explanatory

• trickster=well placed decoys= better than stuns
    -ranged (archer+huntress+sorcerer+priest+wizard+necromancer) you spin my head right round baby right round

The title of this post has part of my name in it.

Congratulations on soloing O2! I remember the first few times I did it. Unfortunately, I don’t do it anymore same as I try not to solo oryx O1 as the payout for time and effort put in makes doing this very inefficient.

Nonetheless very nice and clean-cut guide!

A good guide to help out newbies and veterans.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.