Should katanas be buffed?

Sorc is a better class overall but not really a better class if the only metric is dps. Sorc is only outdamaging wizard at high defense (and the abilities do less damage for the most part too).With the amount of armor break and expose in the game, wizard is still better from a pure dps standpoint.

One thing that really bugs me is how hard discords sleep on sorc’s damage. You CANNOT hit a perfect spellbomb everytime. In fact, most of the time the boss is inbetween 2 tiles so you only hit like 1/3 of your spell. You know what doesn’t care about tiles placement? Scepters. Devastation will always hit the full 1k damage. And it chains. Also consider that sometimes when you shoot as wizzy you only hit half your staff shots. Sorc has more range AND pierce.

Yeah, wizzy in ideal situations will outdamage sorc, but from my experience I can run cults and general dungeons faster on my sorc than wizzy. I hate how discords ban sorc or require Lumiare to bring him into a run- people need to give sorc a chance.

There’s your problem - discords suck the soul out of the game.

i’d rather do chains in discords than look for freshly opened realms for hours on end for 1 weapon

@Imivan more hackers in discords. Always a perfect spellbomb.

@Twitchystr The dilemma of choosing between discord and the endless hours of literally JUST searching for a desired dungeon. Both scenarios are extremely dull and drive me insane.

I agree and I noticed the same a while ago. Thing is, by buffing Katanas they will most likely be too close to swords (which don’t pierce) and then swords will be buffed again because they are too weak compared to katanas, then perhaps staves too because they’re too close to wands and they dont pierce. After all of this, Wands will be the lowest dps weapons again and people will stop using the wand classes because they are not DPS enough just like before, repeating the same problem over and over again.

If anything, Tiered weapons need a complete overhaul but that can be tough due to how the classes and their damage outputs along with abilities and stats are structured right now.

It’s like a castle of cards.

Hmm. That has to be the reason I never argued that! GOOD point.

Let’s try and keep this on topic pls

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now (cuz I keep seeing the thread but not commenting) and I’ve gotten to thinking the following:

how much of this situation came from wands actually being too weak, and how much of this situation came from the playerbase being dps brainwashed for so long that they legitimately think that wizard paladin and warrior are the only viable classes and that it takes such a dramatic upheaval to get these pea brains to try branching out?

hilariously enough, from you guys it sounds like they still haven’t branched out despite wands being straight-up broken. I’d be willing to bet at this point these people don’t actually care about game balance, they just want the strongest character and they’ll keep picking it no matter what else happens until something even more broken comes along, then they’ll only pick that character from then on and complain how everything else is “too weak”. heaven forbid we ever entertain the idea that maybe the strongest characters are actually too strong.

I think I’m adding this to my enormous list of reasons why rotmg sucks (assuming it wasn’t on there to begin with cuz it’s pretty long), the playerbase doesn’t actually care about balance and deca’s way too out of touch to understand what balance would look like. let’s just scream at deca that everything is simultaneously way too strong and uselessly weak and wait until they do something completely unexpected and then piss all over their shoes that they did something stupid again. this is definitely a healthy relationship between playerbase and developer and I definitely don’t think about cutting myself ha ha.

yes I’m sure everyone’s tired of hearing me rant about why rotmg fucking sucks and is wondering why I’m still here but in case you haven’t noticed I’m having a harder time letting go than I thought

The General Chat Thread

tbh everytime i see a thread like this i only get the feeling that people think like this --> “Im not like every other guys, i play katana class ye? cool right? but why is its dps not like something something class? unfair right? it should be as strong or nearly as strong as something something class right? why dont i just play something something class? coz im not like other guys ye?”

The point of this thread was evaluating if katanas should be buffed, not player class choices. (Sorry is this came across as offensive, just want to keep this on topic)

both of you are wrong. the point is that katanas and wands do the same amount of damage and anyone should be able to see that’s kind of messed up

yup. and why do people think it should be buffed? coz dps? coz it is weaker compared to other weapons? full circle man full circle.

that’s what im saying man. if there’s no wand, would people complain about katana’s damage? probably, probably not. in the end you can still do soulbound damage. the only people who cares too much about dps are probably discord runners.

Unfortunately, that seems to be a struggle for playerbases in several games I’m aware of/play. My goodness, ironically, I don’t get hammered in Rotmg nearly as much as some other games I do for not using “the best the game has to offer.”

There’s something exhilarating about not using the best. I mean, for this game some of you have gone and pulled crazy stunts with beginning gear and proved it possible to complete end game content, so I’m not even worried about needing high level gear to do anything. Trying out everything a game has to offer keeps it alive, in my opinion! Granted, I don’t usually shoot for top positions (because I have a life to manage and can’t expand that time or energy), but that’s not the point of playing a game for me.

As far as balancing, I do agree that there are many that seem unwittingly blind to their wishes and opinions for the ideal game, and want whatever it is that would create that. A game run by a large playerbase usually destroys the game itself. That’s why devs may or may not take feedback, then call the shots, even if they’re extremely unpopular.

Rotmg specifically now, I agree that the weapons are in a bad spot right now, but I wish that instead of a gradual buff for weapons, we could have a general nerf. I know people would revolt because they aren’t as strong, but it helps DECA to control the power of the new enemies they introduce, and allows for more flexibility for fixing the existing ones, just to address that issue.

Finally, also specifically to this game and riding off of above points, I don’t understand the drive a significant portion of players have for this game. They completely eradicate the point of dungeons with ridiculous efficiency, whether by overwhelming numbers, stringent rules, or titles traditions, like relying on rushers, doing fullskips, or even fight in the exact same patterns as always. Beat the Blue Stone Guardian through the right walls. Destroy the CD eggs counter-clockwise (despite that being less efficient than going clockwise, or doing both simultaneously). Cluster with Skuld and Bilgewater at approximately 8 o’clock from the boss. Monotony. Many have even lost the will for most loot. And few seem to want to change! How is the addiction so strong for so many? And with immense addiction and boredom comes high toxicity, on average. I’ve not given up on this game but any means, but I’m in awe at how the playbase mass changed since the early days.

I love the new content, but the players are ruining it. Maybe this is partly why I mostly kept my head down and trained new players to have fun and ignore common traditions… it was to help preserve what I could in some meager way.

But I’m preaching to the choir here.

The General Chat Thread

Actually, it’s not. The point of this thread was DeeBomb asking the forum community if katanas should be buffed or are they fine. The fact that wands do the same damage as katanas with twice the range was a point suggesting that katanas probably should be buffed. I am by no means an expert on subjects of this sort so that is why I wanted to see what others had to say. I am sorry if this thread offended you, or showed stupidity of players, but I just wanted to see what others thought on this matter.

Evaluating if katanas should be buffed or wands be nerfed again, perhaps?

All the weapons need to be rearranged in power before they all get buffed to no end.

idk, but isn’t it like the first quest marker thing, not red? If noobs keep doing it, and it works, and they keep doing it when they’re white stars and it doesn’t hurt anyone, then why would they stop?

Alas, it works! There’s no creativity involved. People get sucked into what they are familiar with, because we are all, by very human nature, creatures of habit.

My trouble is that, remember I was just as much as a noob as they were at one point (let’s be honest, I still feel like sometimes), but I realized this as a dark blue star! If it’s a dangerous place, I could understand wanting to stick to the familiar to merely to survive, but for simple things like that? I jest about using the “gang” phrase; I will more commonly ask groups if they “would like to” or “be willing to try” different things. There’s usually at least a couple that join me, but ironically, it’s usually lesser stars. It’s the higher stars that trash talk the mere notion of change.

(Edit: Sorry DeeBomb, this has nothing to do with katanas. I’ll refrain from much more off-topic here)

The General Chat Thread

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.