Should realm move away from being f2p?

Please note that you can quote and reply to multiple people in one post. Just highlight the persons text and click “quote”

Uh heard of patience? But seriously, just a maxed uncommon from not even an week of grinding can easily let you enjoy the game. I don’t think you need a divine pet to experience some of the basic aspects, and after that they can easily get a better pet I have personally managed to get a legendary pet after 3 months of getting back into the game.

you need to subtract mules too, but we’d have to guesstimate another number like with the bots.

Oh. I knew that. Maybe.

@Brockcool alt, maybe?

No

Yeeeaaah, no. The game is already pretty mediocre and I’m not paying extra for it. If it became P2P it would slowly die.

Eh at maximum guesstimation, the playerbase is still 70,000 strong.
~14,000 active players are 1 star accounts. Using the rate of new players and amount of bots, I had assumed that half of those players were bots. I’m sure we can then assume that more are mules. The absolute answer lies between 83,000 and 70,000. Perhaps it’s closer to the 70,000 all things considered.

Still, this is a profound amount of players for a multiplayer game, and nothing to scoff at!

I think it’s a good idea… BUT given that it’s not a huge game, it will have a hard time attracting new players…

So I think DECA should allow people to make guest/play with guest, unnamed accounts that can’t trade, chat, get actual fame/join guilds, or get SB loot. So people will have a way to experience it. Without the trash bots. And it doesn’t have to be expensive. Like… $20 for 3 chars, 3 vaults or something with maybe a free common/uncommon pet is pretty nice and removes bots and stuff.

New accounts in stock for 3.99 (No ban pls)

insert why don’t we have both.jpg
Free for trial/free environment and a Paid Version, which you can migrate accounts from free version to paid version, but not the other way around. I would say only difference in paid version would be drop rates, and those extra chest slots/char slots. If it’s price is about a beginner’s pack, I’d say it won’t be too underpopulated.

This way, Deca would still only need to develop 1 version of the game, and change drop rate values for the paid version. Realm of The Madder God anyone?

Average players means the amount of people online at once. So tf2 has about realm’s entire player base on at any given time.

I really don’t think the botting problem is troublesome enough to justify a p2p scheme.

If a p2p scheme was implemented, DECA should have to provide ample vault space (10+ chests).

Yeah but its still impressive that realm can even try to compete with the big bois like tf2

:joy: If both went p2p tf2 would probably be more popular

TF2 was actually P2P for a decent amount of time. Until June 23, 2011, that is - which is also when player numbers skyrocketed into the air, cause, hey, anyone can pick it up now.
/off-topic, let’s get this track under the train again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.