Should something be done about how Jugg drops?

Jugg is an extremely powerful item, yet it drops from two easy bosses that go down in seconds in any decently sized realm, although at extremely low rates. One could perhaps farm hermit/sphinx for years and still not get one. Therefore, the item is inaccessible because of RNG and not skill.

I propose the following: Remove Jugg from hermit/sphinx drop tables, and have it drop instead from the boss(es) in the Lost Halls at a much higher (but not too high) rate compared to the current. At the same time, make new mid-tier UTs that drop from hermit/sphinx. This would solve the problem of an endgame item dropping from midgame enemies, while at the same time, keeping the item inaccessible to most players. The overall rarity of jugg should stay approximately the same as before the change.

What do you think?

• Yes, remove Jugg from hermit/sphinx and have it drop from LH at a higher rate.
  • No, keep everything as it is.

0 voters

I think a similar thing could be done with Ogmur as well.

I think it needs a change, but mostly because the SB thresholds on Event bosses is actually pretty high, so if it gets steamrolled you won’t even get any chance at loot.
The bosses need a buff/revamp or it could all be addressed by implementing the Elder Realm as mentioned in several other threads.

Buff Herm/Sphinx, but don’t add any extra status effects because that will just favor the hackers. I have personally had a problem getting SB dmg to sphinx because the weakens allow the hackers to get more damage in. At the moment, I think jugg drop rate should stay the same because it is so powerful, and I think that should be a reason to why it should be so sacred; it wouldn’t be so special if everybody had a jugg.

The idea of this is to significantly decrease the RNG barrier, while significantly increasing the skill barrier. The end result should be that the overall rarity of jugg stays approximately the same.

Don’t change the Lost Hall loot tables, they are going to be interesting enough. Simply rework the bosses or put in new difficulty mode for harder enemies with higher drop rate. Also it shouldn’t drop from 2 different bosses as it currently does, rather each boss should have an awesome UT that drops.

Although I agree, adding jugg to a harder dungeon would only further favor hackers. I think adding more hp to sphinx/herm would greatly benefit the realm. Of course, I can’t really use hackers as a reason because so many people hacker, but I don’t think it should be replaced because I think newbies should be able to obtain the coveted item— and be able to use it when they get better.

The only thing I can think is that I will never get a jugg if this happens. I can see why some players would like to see this change.

People are always suggesting things to get moved to Lost Halls before they have even seen it, smh.

You really using the word always? The item fits the look and difficulty of the dungeon so I don’t see why not.

Since you already have a jugg you don’t have to worry about getting one but for those who dont what would you have us do wait for the lost halls to come out then farm those. I think the item is best kept where it so all players have a chance at it. It dosent need to have some elite status around it. Seems like a case of keep the rich rich and the poor poor. But with Juggs.

I think it should stay how it is, because of the difficulty to farm Sphinxes and Hermits. (Rest in shit server-hopping notifiers)

Even if the Jugg is an extremely powerful item that drops from two (relatively) easy event gods, it’s such a fulfilling moment to see it drop. It’s sort of tradition at this point, a piece of Realm that shouldn’t be changed. While I understand wanting such a powerful item to drop from a difficult dungeon, we haven’t even seen any parts of the Lost Halls yet. While I trust in Toastrz that the dungeon will be really challenging and rewarding, the loot tables haven’t been revealed yet, and we don’t really know if Jugg fits the dungeon. It might fit the artistic theme, but what about its flavor text? And again, the feeling of actually getting one while you’re surrounded by other players complaining ‘0’?

Sitting here as someone that’s had one jugg in 5 years, I want that shit to not be a stupid 1/2000~ bs drop rate

RNG gonna GRN

@Dragon i think we should wait until it comes out and then see if deca would consider it.

I just don’t want jugg going from a “rare white bag from some common events” to a “rare white bag at a rare dungeon that is also really hard”.

Yes, bring back the bagston pet skin more often. More chances of people getting a glorious pet skin to troll others everywhere in the realm!

I mean, I definitely don’t agree with everything in here. I just chose the Yes option, because I’m salty that I have yet to have one. Although I would like to see less people with the item, I doubt that it would ever feel right having the Jugg drop from any other boss than the Sphinx or Hermit. I mean, yeah, sure, it’s annoying seeing red stars walk around with juggs, but that is afterall how the game was meant to be. It’s meant to be a gamble on whether or not you do the dungeon in front of you that has a higher drop chance for a white bag, but less useful, or do the event that has a lower drop chance for a white bag, but very powerful.

As long as its droprate is higher than juggs.

An alternative would be rebalancing the jugg.

You mention Jugg but there are other UTs in a worse situation, (CDirk, Conflict, …) Jugg at least has two locations.

The problem is they kept the old drop system (and drop rates) that date back to when UTs were tradable. Kabam touted it as “temporary sb” but we sleepwalked into permaSB and the devs have never adjusted the game to match.

Either higher drop % as a most basic solution

Or make the UTs drop from a wide range of events, eg. Pent, Cube, Skull all possible to drop Oreo, CDirk, Conf effectively trebling the drop rate for these. That’s still a very basic solution, they could also get fancy with grouping the drops similar to how the tiered items drop, or go even more radical and make UTs available from other sources (Tinkerer, Daily Quest etc).

I didn’t vote in the poll as Jugg is just one item in the UT pantheon so it’s arbitrary/unfair to single it out when the whole thing needs repair.

Un-SB EVERYTHING

’cept you, cosmetics. I’m okay with new STs being SB and sold too, being un-SB say… 1 month after release (early access). Deca need da money.

Just seen it used many times before. Probably more applicable when we didn’t have too much confirmed details about the Lost Halls