Should the ST knight set be not tradable?

• Tradable
  • Nontradable

0 voters

Just to get your opinions, should the new st knight set be tradable or nontradable?

All of the deca STs have been sb, I don’t see why they would change it.

If would be unfair to those who store wealth with them and to those who didnt buy the set before it went sb. Also I dont understand why Deca would sb them after leaving them tradeable for 2 years.

(It’s currently tradable btw)
As I said, I doubt they’ll be replacing the old ST, so it’ll most likely be sb as with all Deca STs

They didn’t make it, they changed it to be an actual ST set.
I think they should leave it tradable.

wait what?

Edit: The sword and the shield arent displayed as sb.

They should be tradable, but deca has this nonsensical belief that you need to ‘‘earn’’ items in a game with drops solely based on RNG, so I assume they won’t be.

Saying that people earn items in a game where people can get whites back-to-back versus dropping none after thousands of encounters is a joke. Just because items are tradable, doesn’t mean that anybody personally has to trade to get them if they don’t want to.

I mean I’m assuming these will be brand new items so the old items won’t be removed from people’s vaults. New items won’t be tradeable.

DECA will probably just rename the old set and remove the stat boosts and 16x16 sprite to make them purely reskins, then introduce the new set into the game as SB. There currently isn’t much reason for it not to be SB like all of their other ST sets.

you see, I wrote tradable at first and then confused myself. They’re all tradable, fixed

yeah, I WaNna cdiRk anD juGg dEcA pLS wiThOUt NeEdiNg tO PLaYiNg tHe gAme

nice strawman you got there friend

ftfy

I do feel like RNG is the fairest way to distribute items without guarenteed drops.

Like, if you’ve been grinding for a dblade for 3 months and you finally get it, there is no better feeling

I think it’s more along the lines of “spend money on keys during events for cool items”.
Still, I would argue that getting a drop that was purely rng feels better than getting a drop from pure grinding with predictability. The grinding of rare sb items isn’t forced; its something you choose to do if you really want the item. And although rng of white bags can be really punishing, without it the game would be extremely boring.

Duping exsists. If duping didn’t exist, then I would be all in for tradable UTs. If you had the choice to grind possibly thousands of hours for a jugg or for much less time to buy one, you would probably buy one. Just because items are tradeable doesn’t mean that you should get out of your way to not trade them.

I guess those people who do one hermit god and drop two juggs simply have earned it more than someone who has done 1000 without a single drop.

If the items were tradable, you’d be able to buy them with potions that you earned yourself. You’d be playing the game to farm for these items in the first place.

Duping isn’t an excuse for everything… games are supposed to be fun. Hoping to get lucky with 1/1000 (or high-triple digits…) droprates isn’t fun. I’d say that a linear sense of progression is far funner than the current progression in rotmg.

That’s RNG in a nutshell, and it’s a big part to why people still play the game. An unexpected rare white bag gives you motivation to play the game. However, if I got 1000 Herms without a jugg, that doesn’t stop me from getting a jugg in the future, nor does it demotivate me because of that.
I think that this is the part that we differ the most; your perspective on white bags is that you should get them by default, while my perspective is that you shouldn’t be able to get them by default. You view white bags as something you “earn”, which I view them as an occasional surprise.

Duping is a reason to this particular case though. Duper could dupe juggs, for instance, and make them worth much less than they should be. A jugg that might take on average 1000 hours of play time to get may be equivalent to the market price of just 10 hours of farming. This would effectively make getting a jugg less exciting, instead of getting something that takes on average 1000 hours to obtain, you got something that you could buy with pots in 10 hours. As you stated, games are supposed to be fun. I wouldn’t find the game fun if whitebags lost their ability to surprise you with a rare item.

Here’s the question, though – how does this affect you?
If one group has fun from dropping these white bags, they can still drop them.
If one group has fun earning their items, they can buy them.

It feels to me that you’re happy because you dropped a white bag because it’s rare and something that other people don’t have. I’ve noticed a lot of people recently finding fun out of flexing items against other players, and to me that’s not what rotmg is about. It’s a game to me, not a dress-up simulator.

no offence, but that statment is stupid and always makes me mad when I see it, people act like duping is this super easy common thing when it’s extremely hard and almost nobody knows how to do it. Plus duping is honestly a non-issue, duping doesn’t cause giant price decreases like people try to say it would if UTs became tradable, it wouldn’t. Decas pixies and ST spells are duped all the time by people who know how, but it doesn’t cause a price decrease because there aren’t enough people who know how to dupe pushing them into market, if anything duped UTs would be on RWT sites exclusively and would cost a ton.

tl;dr duping is a non-issue please stop trying to act like it would be a legitimate problem.

What he’s saying is usually used in response to people saying that they don’t want tradable UTs because trading for the UT doesn’t give the same feeling, which is a stupid argument because you could always just go and waste a couple years farming to get your single event white drop, don’t ruin other people’s fun because you don’t want to be tempted into trading for UTs.

fucking this, stop trying to prevent other people from having fun because you want to feel like a god with your 5 years of in-game time.

I’m going to repost this somewhere. I completely disagree, and I don’t think Deca agrees either.