Should the ST knight set be not tradable?

You’re misunderstanding my point. My point is that it would not benefit them to flood it, which is why they won’t. Not that they can’t.

Yes, RWT will be an issue, especially since it means Deca will lose money on keys popped to grind it. In any case, dupers, I would suspect, aren’t very good at the game, and die often. By sustaining the prices of a Deca and the likes, they are able to quickly max themselves after a death. So there is a point too. Also, they seem to like flexing these things…

Duping for yourself ruins the game; you basically become a semi-admin. Only RWT would make sense to be duping at a high constant rate.

I noticed this quite a lot during the recent Oryx events; Decas are usually going for 9-10L and dropped to 7L at one point…

You realize that most people will end up just trading and merching since it will be faster than going out to grind an event white… which will be supplied by the very RWT dupers (let’s be honest, there will be people buying them). And it also ruins the reason why so many people would want to grind dungeons (I mean… Deca’s profits would be much lower… just look at the number of keys and things popped every day… and that would mean less content, servers, etc.)

The other problem is that most people will not bother grinding out a jugg or cdirk. And having everything and anything will ruin the fun. Those items aren’t supposed to make you insanely OP… just to enhance your gameplay. It’s like having a present. It’s not a right; they’re supposed to make you happier or feel lucky (and let’s be honest, the feeling of knowing not everyone has it contributes to it).

(I suggest you don’t mention this… alt-realms are technically a violation of the TOS and can result in a ban… since is sort of suggests you’ve played on plenty.) It’s mostly because they [probably] don’t have an active merching community. And most things are [from what I’ve heard] in fame, so… it’s a bit harder to merch. (And given people are generally a cost-reward machine, I would think most people find it faster to grind an item out there than to buy it/merch it? Probably because they don’t have an established merching community? Don’t quote me on this; I don’t know much about alt-realms…)

Again, UTs aren’t a right. They’re just meant to enhance your game-play. You don’t need a Jugg to play a Warrior well. You don’t need a CDirk to play a Rogue… They’re just cool items that change how you can play. I mean… look at the Bloody Cloak… that’s so situational. Conflict… might as well be the ST Orb (before the update?) Ogmur is very situational (I think everyone would agree stuns are usually better). QoT is also just a fun situational item that can change your playstyle. None of them are necessary. I personally think they’re designed to be something like a side-reward for going into the realm and clearing things. Not like an Acrop or something that is almost necessary to play any Melee class (I know other UT/ST armors can be used, it’s just that it’s something you can’t exactly play without)…

I’m not against people from getting things. I personally don’t have most whites. I have so few whites: like… 20? (I had to feed most off them while I still only had one vault). I would love to have an Ogmur or Jugg or QoT. But by making it just a merching mechanism, you take away the specialness of having it drop and the incentive to do dungeons. By allowing UTs to be traded like this, new players will get bored quickly. The only actual purpose would be to grind out fame. And only older players would bother doing PPEs and NPEs and things. Also, less revenue for the company. I really don’t get why you’re so salty about not having a Jugg or Ogmur or QoT or Cloak. I have the Kage from this recent event (my only event white). You don’t DESERVE any whites. Just because you’ve played for 5 years doesn’t mean you should get an event white.

Hm. Interesting you should call me a dickwad when you’re describing yourself. And also, you have no right to anything. Deca is not your parent. Getting whites isn’t essential. Being a spoiled kid who thinks they deserve everything is stupid. *hint hint Get real and understand it’s simply not viable without overthrowing the entire current system instead of complaining and raging about your “right” to a white bag.

RING OF DECADES NOW IN STOCK!

UTs should be soulbound, not even a discussion tbh. honestly I think a UT trade weekend every few years would be kinda nice but definitely not full time. STs should be tradeable imo. ik they’re “UTs as a set” but having the newer STs unsoulbound wouldn’t be a problem. many of the old STs by Kabam are insanely OP and there’s no restriction on those other than being extremely rare drops. The new ones are a lot more balanced and about 90% of them aren’t even that good anyways. The only new ST set even worth using at this point is the necro one and the skull and staff are still situational. the other sets are too situational and have 1 or 2 items worth using while the rest of the pieces are garbage. Take the Bee set for example, the ring is a worse nile, the armor takes massive att and def for a little extra dex, the trap is the plague poison of traps and the bow is decent at best. Having things like these unsb would be fine because several of the items won’t even be worth their rarity and price. the only reason to have these sets is for flex. and to take the argument from Horus, duping is a lot less of an issue than people say it is. a lot of people make it out to be an economy destroying force but the fact is that 1, people who can dupe will keep the supply the same as to not have a price drop and maximize profit and 2, not many people even know how to do it.

THANK YOU
UT items are meant to be situational. If you don’t have UTs, you still should be able to play a class. Therefore, you do not need UTs to enjoy the game. UTs are a lucky reward, not an essential item soulbinding is denying us.

Have fun using tiered bows and prisms.

Tiered prisms are actually fine with me. I love decoys, and teleport is fine.
(Although the only UT prism I can get is davys… 200 pups and no prism…)

I got prism in just 3 ez

yeah… i saw you get one today…
my pup luck is the worst. I’ve seen like 30 people in pups with me get white, I’ve gotten 1. Average is like 4 people, so I should’ve gotten several.

hope it replaces the current one, because im selfish and I bought plenty of those sets >:)

It doesn’t matter if they don’t want to or whatever, with the tiny amount of people that know how to dupe they can’t flood the market and make Decas only like 2 speed, and with how hard Deca’s been going on duping methods the tiny amount of people that do have duping methods wouldn’t want to share them with people for fear of a patch.

Hardly anyone buys from RWT sites, most of the rotmg community would still buy keys for events and to run with their guildies.

The few dupers I know of could easily max a ppe character within a day or two if they wanted so idk.

They don’t need to keep Deca prices up to max easily, they just need a single copy of each potion, plus maxing your chars by selling Decas would be hella inefficient, it takes forever to sell Decas on realmeye.

flexing what? their characters or the fact they can dupe?

I never actually seen it drop to 7 life, but I did see quite a few going for 8, which is what you’d normally get anyway, almost nobody actually gives you the extra 2 life atleast in my experience.

The same amount of people would be merching as before, most people would just save up potions till they could afford what they want.

ofc it’s faster, saving up 100 life potions is much faster than doing a fucking shit load of hermits for the next five months (if you only do hermits for the next 5 months)

Yes, some people will be buying $30-$20 juggs, but the people that RWT are an extreme minority in the RotMG community.

Did people stop running dungeons back in the day when UTs were tradable?

Do people never run dungeons in those aforementioned alt-realm sources?

People would still need to do dungeons to get potions both to max and to buy the very UTs we’re discussing.

I would personally still be running dungeons, not everyone just automatically has an infinite amount of life potions in their vault.

You’re forgetting the main thing that drops in dungeons, the potions, people don’t just run dungeons and get 0 until they finally get a white, they get potions, the potions that they have to use to max and the potions they’d have to use to buy the UTs.

You’re completely ignoring a major part of the game.

Is that a problem? People aren’t running and farming boring content and they’re doing the dungeons they want and having fun without having to grind their ass off monotonously doing boring events in order to get an item they want, is that a bad thing?

People just have another way to get what they want in the game.

Not everyone will immediately have a ton of juggs, hell I know I wouldn’t be able to afford one for a long time, I still want the ability to save up the potions I get from LH and shatters until I can afford the items I want, hell I can’t hardly afford Decas most of the time, the ones I have I got as drops a while back and have only just started using.

And they don’t, event whites aren’t really OP imo.

I don’t want them so I can be super OP, I want them so I can play with them and use their unique effects.

Exactly, this would just give people the option to get these special gameplay changes without farming for an unreasonable amount of time or just getting super lucky.

They make giant gameplay changes, ofc I dont have a right to have a /give jugg command but I should have a way to get them without relying on a 100% RNG system that completely bars anyone who isn’t super lucky from ever playing with these fun items.

If UTs were made tradable not everyone would have them, making an item tradable is different from literally sending one to every player’s gift chests.

Hell, if anything less noobs would have / use rare UTs such as juggs, as they’d sell them for their 40 life.

I doubt any Deca employees actually read through these forums, they only places I’ve seen them are on threads where they’re directly pinged or their announcement threads.

Plus there isn’t any proof that I’ve played on them, I could’ve just watched some YouTube videos and seen all this stuff.

Do they actually ban for that? I’ve never seen someone get banned for it, even the YouTubers that have their main accounts right on their channel, namely @ Tiive.

The current big one has a pretty good buy/sell system.

People definitely buy and sell UTs on there, but nobody just sits around and flips their UTs for more and more fame, as most people would agree that it isn’t fun to do that.

Hell, if someone likes merching let them, I’ve had some friends that mainly merched and they thought it was really fun, I can assure you the game would never turn into a merching only game, just because only a few people actually find that fun, people would still run a ton of dungeons.

No they aren’t necessary, I never ever argued that they are, but that doesn’t mean everyone is fine with playing with the same tiered items all the time.

They aren’t necessary, but playing with them is a big part of what makes the game fun.

Im not saying I should get a /give function, I want the ability to get items in a way that isn’t 100% RNG because I want to play with these fun items that change the gameplay, playing the game and doing the same thing over and over and over and over is getting boring, UT’s are the cure for this monotony, locking them away from unlucky players by using a 100% RNG system just ends up making players get less and less interested in the game.

I could always play with an old top set, but how does that make the game fun? how does playing with the same items all the time make the game fun?

a super rare reward that most player’s will likely never get.

oof how do you play like that?

Im not suggesting taking them out of the drop tables for bosses, it definitely wouldn’t be a merching-only system as you’ll have to run dungeons to get the items to even attempt to merch for it, and most people wouldn’t merch for it they’d save up potions until you get enough to buy it.

How? Im able to trade for UBHPs and Decas but I’d still be hella happy to get one as a drop, I’d for sure be super excited to get an item that’s 4x as expensive as those.

How? again, you need to run dungeons to get the potions and items to trade for the UTs, you’re leaving out one of the most important systems in the game still.

Oh yes, because all new players have a shit ton of life potions and like 30 8/8s, ofc every new player can afford a jugg right off the bat! hell, they’re only like 30-40 life, that’s so unbelievably easy to get, that’s only like 20 voids, ofc a new player can do that immediately.

A ton of people do PPEs and NPEs exclusively anyway.

Also, again, you could also go for a ‘legit whitebag completion’ and get the items as drops, Im not removing them from being drops.

You say this but you don’t explain how along with it.

The ‘oh they wont sell any keys’ thing is just wrong and I already adressed it.

Im not super salty, I just want to be able to play with these fun items that I know I’ll never get, I want to actually have fun in this game, it’s getting more and more boring for me.

Also, I’ve had a QoT, it was hella fun to play with.

Again, I never said this, I just want to have fun in the game.

if I stay for another 3 years, I’d better have had a jugg and ogmur by then or I’ll deadass just quit at that point.

That part of the post wasn’t directed at you specifically at all, I’ve just gotten annoyed at all the people that have literally just said they want to feel special.

I’ve had this argument way too many times on this forum.

Also, how am I describing myself?

blah blah blah, again I never said I deserve a white bag, I just want to play with these fun items in my favourite game, especially now while Im drifting away from it, the game has been getting progressively more and more tedious and boring for me.

How? the system currently isn’t really different from the system back when they were tradable.

:b:ING OF :b:ECADES :b:OW IN :b:OCK

Again, I don’t think I need them, I just want a better system for getting them so I can actually have fun playing with them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s why I have like 10 of every UT bow stored :]

T0 is the only tiered that’s usable for prisms.

I hope this also but no soulbind because soulbind big gay.

thats a long essay you got there friend

Arguably using tiered bows and prisms are how those classes are intended to be played. Sure, maybe playing Archer without a dbow and cbow might be very strange now, but Archer may have been intended to use Covert Havens as a main and cbow just as a swapout.

The fact that the game has changed over time to make players abandon Havens in favour of cbow is irrelevant to the fact that cbow was intended to be a side grade.

Responded to the parts I thought I should.

Un Tiered [unSB UTs]

One thing that I would like to address here is the claim that, even if UTs were unsoulbinded, people would still run dungeons for the potions. This claim is true, though to a limited extent.

The issue here is that you also have to take into account the rewards that each dungeon offers. Sprite Worlds drop dex (occasionally def) as well as EPs and Planewalkers. This means that someone could certainly farm for dex pots using Sprites, and indeed it would be profitable, resulting in pots that could later be traded for other UTs.

However, The Lost Halls is much more worthwhile. Even if it takes much longer, the fame is amazing, the pot drops are better (with several chances if you take pot rooms into account), the tiered equipment is superior, and the UTs are (in most cases) the best in their categories. Because of these factors, many players are going to gravitate towards the Halls over lesser dungeons, meaning that fewer and fewer people would run them. You would still have newer players and the occasional ppe running them, but it would be more of a transition point for the majority of players than something they’re actually going to run while they’re on their way to the dungeons with better rewards.

Speaking from personal experience, I run dungeons like Sprite Worlds, Snake Pits and Abysses for one real reason: they have the chance to drop useful soulbound equipment, meaning that unless I get super lucky in a quest chest, I am going to need to farm for my bulwarks. I have also reached the point where I have the means and funds to buy pretty much any un-sb item in the game, meaning that no skins or STs are beyond my grasp. The main things that keep me going are my pet (leveling) and the chance at getting rare, coveted UT items. This is the case for a lot of people in Realm, and it is largely due to the current soulbound status of UTs that people keep playing (hence people like GHZD making lists of the event whites they have/have yet to get), as it keeps the game from plateauing too soon for top players.

TL;DR: Sprite Worlds will be unloved by many :cry:

Just supporting my 70 decas estimate, not rehashing an old argument on this thread. 46 out of the top 100 characters are privated, and 8/54 that we can see are using decas, so some of them use it. I stand by my estimate.

limited? Dungeons such as sprite world and snake pit are hands down the fastest most efficient way to get their staple potions.

Or pots that they could use to max their characters, which is kind of important for what you talk about next.

Yes, they are currently much more worth while.

Yeah, they provide a good amount of life and mana, a little bit of def and attack too.

Ofcourse the pot rooms also give other rainbows, which is nice, but they aren’t exactly common, from personal experience I get about 1 pot every 2-3 pot rooms except for ones that I’ve soloed, where you get about 1-2 potions from every pot room.

Agreed. (fuckin source stone is amazing, same with colo sword and mbc seal, omni is really cool too)

Overall yeah, but it would end up balancing back out (ex in a minute)

Yes, for a while people would transition over to LHs due to the increased profit, but it wouldn’t be possible for everyone to transition over to LHs only, due to the lessened rainbow output the prices of rainbows such as dex would increase, this would give sprite worlds an increased profit, as you could get easily 20+ dex in the time it takes to do a LHs.

EP - not actually useful
Plane - useful
Bulwark - not useful
Demon blade - not useful
Doom bow - useful
Puri - useful
Dancing prism -not useful (most of the time)
harley - not really useful
Void blade - not useful
murky - not useful
mad robe - literally a top robe
Condu - not useful in most situations
Fulmi - useful

Most of the whites that drop from the glands dungeons aren’t useful in comparison to just tops.

Bulwarks are fun, they aren’t useful in my experience with them.

The useful UTs that most people would want to buy would cost easily 2-4 times what the most expensive STs and Decas cost.

Also, that’s you, not everyone is super rich.

ur pet’s bad /s

just fuckin around no hate pls

You could still always go for the UTs you’ve never got as drops.

Some people like sb UTs, some people don’t, UTs being SB are also pushing some players away.

People could still do this if UTs were tradable, just like GHZD went for his ‘legit white star’ by getting 2000 base fame on every character, people could still easily go and complete their whitebag list ‘legit’ by getting all of them as drops.

This is true, but once you start trading, it’s a different story. If you walk away from a LH MBC/Void run, you’re probably going to have gotten something along the lines of an atk, def, a couple life and/or an equivalent value of mana and assorted high-tiered equipment (approximately, and being rather conservative with our drop estimates). Without too much difficulty, the pots alone can be traded for a minimum of 24 spd/dex (assuming you can get at least 5 def per life sale and 2 spd/dex per def pot, which is laughably easy). If you run the LH in 30 minutes and spend 10 minutes trading the pots away, then that’s a little more than a pot every two minutes. Note that this is being pretty conservative with the drops from the Lost Halls, and you can usually get more per run.

A pot every two minutes is certainly feasible with sprite worlds, but it comes down to running sprite worlds one after another for long periods of time, which can get rather tedious. Not to mention that if you won the jackpot in the Lost Halls in this time and got a white bag, that item (by your own estimation) would probably be worth multiple deca rings, giving a HUGE profit. Similar (though less impressive) outcomes would occur with a drop of a LH top.

You do make a good point about the rebalancing in price of other stat pots, and I do have to agree with that. However, I do think that players’ focus would still shift drastically to the Lost Halls, because of the much higher possible rewards and how much more fun it is to run on maxed characters (as it actually poses a threat), so the dungeons would still be primarily run by players who are still working their way to endgame.

On a side note, a lot of the times you labeled as not useful do actually have practical application in secondary roles, and thus are as useful as the owner’s playstyle allows them to be. Except of course for mad robe, which basically has no reason to have the stats it does.

In the part where you claimed that UTs could simply be acquired “legitimately” by players who didn’t want to just trade for them, you made the claim that players weren’t forced to purchase currently soulbound items, which I do have some issue with. When you have rare, soulbound items equipped to your characters, it tells a story for other players: dungeons mastered, events conquered and your capabilities as a player. There are those occasional lucky bums who get Jugg on their first Hermit, but those players are few and far between.

If UT trading does become a thing, then the items lose their mystique. Nowadays, if you see a player with event/LH white sets, it shows the player’s dedication and skill. If you see sets made up of (non-sb) STs, tops and deca rings, it shows they’re rich, but not that they have conquered anything or that they truly have mastery of the game’s various elements. There’s a reason that people don’t make lists of what (non-sb) STs they have/haven’t got with the same reverence as they do with white bag checklists: they don’t have the same feeling of awe that is inspired by an item with a 1/however many hundreds drop rate. These items will no longer tell a story of a player’s past, which can be fine if that’s what people want. However, this will cause a lot of people (who farm for rare whites to find fulfillment in the game) to stop finding enjoyment in a game that has devolved from a system of rewarding players for running certain dungeons and event bosses to one where the only real way to get these items is by amassing wealth as fast as possible.

:sob:

The important thing to consider: supply and demand equalibrium.
If everyone is running LHs and you want dex, there wil not be as many people getting dex reliably for you to sell your life for dex easily, quickly, or at a reasonable price. As supply for dex goes down, and demand goes up, price naturally will go up.

This is not to say that dex will sky-rocket to 1:1 with life, but it will definitely have a noticeable effect on the realm economy.

Well that’s if the players of the game have enough patience to wait every few years.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.