Should there be one more stat?

haha yes joke

lul

I couldnā€™t tell

Ok. I know this is a joke, but there are actually some good ideas in this thread. WisMod should somehow affect all classes or a stat should be added that could increase ability power, but then they would need to design new dungeons, new caps, and maxing would be that much harder.

The obvious thing is make it a rainbow-class pot, that drops from many places. Maybe a new dungeon for 1 or more guaranteed drops, but also drops from other dungeons, from godlands, from events. So like now you could max it at the same time as other stats, only hitting the dungeon if you lack for that one stat.

How about Luck? Pretty self-explanatory.

Best 9th stat idea I heard in like, ever.
:+1::+1::+1:

I can imagine if Realm was like thatā€¦ oh godā€¦

ā€œShiiiiiiiiiiiiii I just died on my 20/28!!! I was so close to maxing CON, INT, and AGI, noooo!ā€

Yeah thats why its called RotMG (runescape of the mad god)

You oppose a stat that purely affects the damage of the weapon (essentially the tier)
and suggest a stat that purely affects the effects of the ability (essentially the tier)

There is actually one way of shoe-horning quite a few extra stats into ROTMG. Energy types. I mean many games have different sorts of energies. White/cold, yellow/fire, blue/water etc.

DnD is a good example: you can have a weapon with +1 fire damage. Itā€™s only important what type of damage as enemies can be immune to that sort, either innately or acquired from some item. More rarely enemies can be particularly susceptible to a type of damage so itā€™s multiplied.

So treat the various buffs and debuffs as energy types. Slow could be cold for example. The associated stat, cold resist, would give you a reduction in slow durations, and in damage caused by slowing shots. There could be one for every debuff type.

And they need not be trainable, i.e. there might be no pots, no stat to increase (as that would be OP). The only way to acquire them might be with items. cold resist could be added to e.g. the items from the Ice Cave, to match the theme of the dungeon and as both have speed effects. Or there might be brand new items. A Ring of Cold Mastery with cold resist and a few other stats. That sort of thing.

Donā€™t think I stated any opposition but I agree with othersā€™ points that we already have two stats that affect the damage of the weapon, dex and att. Hard to think how another would add anything.

As much as I enjoy this type of RPG and complicated calculations, I play ROTMG because its simple and addicting. Iā€™m gonna have to oppose you here because I feel like any more stats and the game would start to overcomplicate. I like how the game is just pewpew and get loot and increase character strength right now.

Oh, itā€™s not a recommendation at all. I agree wholeheartedly that eight stats are enough. Just throwing out some more thoughts on how you could, in theory, add more stats.

The biggest criticism of adding energy stats is no matter how interesting the design it all ends up being a numbers game. E.g. (DnD again) you learn an icy finger spell, which does 1d6 cold damage to a single target. The first time you use it you are imagining the effect, perhaps describing it out loud. Or in a computer game you are marvelling at the animation used.

The hundredth time, itā€™s just another number. Youā€™ve seen or imagined the effect a hundred times already, and itā€™s now just an amount of damage, with a cost in spell slots and time to use. As are all the other energy types, and it becomes a boring meta-game of optimisation finding the best balance of energy spells/gear for every circumstance.

ROTMG though itā€™s simple: max your stats, equip tops, and you are set for 90% of the game. You also need a good pet now to keep up, but that too is simple. It takes time to build up your pet and experience, but thereā€™s nothing complex about it, and you do all through playing not meta-gaming.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.