So much bot flood, why can't this game get rid of this trash?

Dumb solution, but if we see this as a problem of economy Deca might be able to erase bots by undercutting the bots’ RWT via their own microtransaction store. What are these bots advertising, which merchandise of theirs sells best, undercut those via say… weekly deals. Maxening a stat, realm gold for candy. Divine pets expensive? Rental divine pets. Deca rings? How much are they worth nowadays anyway.

Would you guys riot if these are implemented? Honestly, I don’t mind since maximizing a stat is more of a test of patience than skill after a certain point, people who want to play with divine pets are gonna pay anyway, and I don’t really use Deca. Lock these options behind certain star requirements or play time requirements if neccessary. If not, then maybe maxing a stat unlocks that option for that class for your next incarnations. Pay fame or gold.

I am a strong believer in being able to chat only at a certain star. When? I don’t know but it should be higher than 10. Especially since fame is easier to get.

At the same time, I don’t know how much bots fame farm. For instance, I’ve seen the occasional red star bot. If the star requirement becomes red star, would it be too much of a hassle to make bots farm longer, or would it be a minor inconvenience?

Also consider actual players, who are unable to chat until this long. This will most likely turn down many players. I said previously that fame is easier to get, but it can still be difficult for newer players.

Also, would be appreciated if I was informed about a post similar to mine (to reduce redundancy, or consider other points)

Doing nothing is too complex and would overload DECA devs. They should actively damage the game because it’s easier.

BTW, trust me on this cuz I’ve been in the programming industry, 10 years experience. I’m also 14 years old

You are 14 years old and you have 10 years old programming experience?

It’s called sarcasm, which is where someone says something that they don’t mean as a sort of joke.

The thing that would get with that is the damage that could do for Realmeye trading. Now, I understand that it’s not officially condoned, but that would suck a little. It’s not as useful as it used to be, but I can still find somebody buying/Selling for a half decent price if I don’t want to sit in the nexus for more than 2 minutes. Muting whispers from non-friends could jam that process up badly.

pardon, I meant the ability to control permissions for incoming whispers. Granted, that would still stifle trading to an extent

I did mean it for both ways of whispering. But still, an unfortunate nuisance all around. /:

If you’re getting whispers from bots, try replying with “stop” to opt-out.

Or just block them

If you can opt-out, you won’t have to deal with their next new account. I haven’t seen a spam whisper in quite a while.

I think that would end up in a price war Deca doesn’t want to take

Why not just add something to see if players repeat the same messages to many times in a row? I know this would fuck up the trading server, but I dont think its the end of the world, if deca would just add some sort of market system/auction house

Bots can change their message, and are doing so because of similar restraints currently in game. If you sit in the nexus next to a spam bot for a while, you can see this in action; they might have a number at the end of their message that changes each time, or their message at large might change. Getting around such a system is very, very easy.

I feel like deca could keep chat logs and if your
messages are similar, you could be shadow muted

i feel this was very overlooked

If you just flag players that are /ignored by x amount of people then mute them, then most bots would be shut down because a lot of legit players probably do that anyway.

The only issue with this is if some organised group decides to collectively /ignore someone to fuck with the system, in which case individual players could probably appeal said mutes or something. That might require support to have to sift through a bunch of automated emails but I’m fairly certain Deca and I could tell “HDmrivjTys” is not a legit player anyway.

That’s why there are several factors to take in consideration and balance it out

what im hearing here is it’s impossible

and/or deca is too small to be able to do it

This was an idea I proposed on the WS forums so many years ago.

And this is the obvious response I got, plus the fact that bots can tell when they’re messages aren’t going through. You can’t fight them without putting players in the crossfire.

Never doubted that, there is 0 chance they will do anything like the solution we’re discussing.

I’d love to be proved wrong but it just won’t happen.