Some control over regulars?

So I get it, they can regulate the forum, but I feel like some of them have been a bit over kill, especially @Nevov , constantly merging topics that are ever so slightly on the same topic. Example? he just merged a glitch about the chest with the main thread, where less people will see it, and thus less people will be aware of it.

Nevov [merging, can you chill a bit?]

There is no bug/glitch in that case, if there had’ve been, it would have been left in the Bugs domain for all the reasons you say.

So because it’s just a thread about how the UDL is tough to clear, it’s better in the main event thread as part of ongoing discussion about the event.
(in my opinion)
& anyone stumbling onto the thread from the title will still be directed to the ongoing discussion.

[Edit: I’ve made the “merge” message clearer in that thread, thanks for pointing it out, because in isolation it could look weird/unclear]

In particular, with the Deca guy (Krakan Krathan) saying that he is reading the Bugs subforum, I’m trying to keep that place for genuine bugs, to keep it useful for his purposes.

Happy to take feedback on merge/not merges though. I am just liking a tidy forum in general, and (…believe me!) there have been about 50 threads I’ve not merged, though tempted. :slightly_smiling_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Think it’s Krathan.

Also I think you’re on point with your merges. There’s no harm, and people can always question any action you take - not that the need for that has arisen.

@XIYANGYANG :
In my opinion, as long as a mod/leader/regular makes unbiased changes to ensure the forums aren’t cluttered, there’s no regulation required. As it is, most regulars are not as active as they may seem, and Nevov is doing the job of many. If anything is done in an unfair way, there are people watching who will make sure that it doesn’t happen.

As for the specific example given, I’m pretty sure Nevov handled it by changing the merge message on the post. If you have any other specifics, I’m sure you could PM any leader or mod to discuss it further - Nevov included.

Sidenote : Nevov is a leader, so show some respeck!

Isnt Nevov a leader tho?

RELEASE THE KRATHAN

Edit: added a cool-looking yacht

Already covered that :stuck_out_tongue:

DOH that’s the 2nd time I’ve messed his name up, Rip.

Ah, it’s fine. At least you didn’t call him Crouton or something.

I use to call him Kathryn. :slight_smile:

I’ll take this opportunity to talk directly to @Nevov, then.

So Nevov, I do appreciate your intentions of keeping the forum as clean as possible, but don’t you think sometimes merging new threads with really old ones might surpress possible discussions? I get the impression that people shy away from responding to very old topics, even if the most recent post on it is not that old. For example, this thread and this thread. Correct me if I’m wrong, but ever since you split (splited?) them, noone else replied.

Some topics, like the meaning of star ranks and what the next character class should be, are bound to reappear every once in a while and, by trying to merge all of them, not only you might burn yourself out doing it but you also might disencourage conversations, which is the last thing we want on a forum.

Anyway, I want to know your view on this. All of this coming from someone who likes organization. I’m not talking about you merging countless simple questions about MotMG and whatnot, I think you’re doing a great job at those. By the way, thank you for that.

Anyone else that wants to chime in, please feel free to do so.

My main criteria has been to consider how likely people would be to just reply with "see this thread -> " or self-quote type replies. Then also how active/busy the earlier thread was, compared to the new one.

Eg. the Opinion of Star Ranks seemingly a lot of people had an opinion on it (100+ posts, going at over a post per day), made me decide this is the kind of thing that is likely to go around and around every few months, with nothing changing (until they add new classes for example), ergo good for merge. Thinking that few people who posted in the 1st thread would want to go back and merely repeat themselves, but they might be interested in seeing new people’s opinions on the same subject.

There are similar threads I wouIdn’t go near merging, things like Q&A/Game Discussion topics eg. “best ring on priest”, etc, unless they are posted very closely to each other, because the game evolves with new content that can affect people’s responses. A topic+replies from December 2017 wouldn’t be necessarily relevant to someone asking today, bearing in mind the new dungeons.

A bit like the discussion we’ve had about when/why Regulars change people’s topic title’s (use sparingly, etc), this even more so, only when the benefits are clear should a merge be considered. (IMO)

Come on man, cut 'em some slack. In your case, I find @Nevov an attentive and caring regular. When some stupid IRL “follower” was posting my real name around realmeye, @Nevov removed it for me. This is the point of regulars/mods/leaders, to make sure that the forums are going ok.

Anyway I’m pretty sure mods can remove bad regulars. But there’s no point discussing that cause @Nevov is bae <3

EDIT 1: One night after this post, I got promoted to regular. Coincidence? I think not!

lol im sure @Nevov had nothing to do about it… right…

I want the regulars to stage a coup and take power and run a brutal dictatorship then have a civil war and install a democracy so we can where we are right now again.
@Nevov you are my comrade and I would gladly share my vodka with you any day

That’s a good point, but it doesn’t adress the issue of diminished post count after the merging.

I wouldn’t mind if you merged the two topics after the new one has already lost steam and both topics are inactive, but merging them too soon seems to inhibit discussion, that’s all I’m saying.

I guess we’ll never know whether they naturally attracted little interest due to the topics’ own qualities, or if the merge artificially suppressed interest. One thing, as point of fact, there were 7 replies to the “Star Meaning” topic post-merge, so not literally 0, but yes I understand. It might be too early to judge a trend based on few examples, but I take your point, and will bear it in mind, for sure.

I would like to point out that nearly every single reference to “regular powers” in this thread so far is actually talking about leader powers, meaning that all of this basically applies solely to Shatter and Nevov.

When did that role pop up lmao I wasn’t here for that

hey :rage: my name hasn’t been mentioned shoo!!! have fun nevov :slight_smile:

(yes IK what you mean.)

been there since the very beginning:

@Tauntauned @Nevov I will join you, my friends, and start the coup!

TO VICTORY