Sorcerer or Priest

Which one should I use or really which is better

Do you have Prot or Puri, or are you just not a great player? If so, I’d recommend Priest. If you don’t have either of those and are a bit more skilled than the average player, I’d recommend Sorcerer.

• Priest
  • Sorcerer
  • Either

0 voters

Depends on your pet and what you want to do with it and if you have uts.
If you have a low-lvl pet heal then tomes will benefit you more.
If you want to do mainly glands, then sorc is good. With the Ut tomes priest can become great at harder stuff.

Priest if you have prot

Depends on where you want to go, really. If you wanna do the Nest, I’d say go with Priest, but I’ve never been to the nest, sooo don’t think too much about this advice. Sorc is great at taking down enemies from afar, imagine wizzy, with extra range. Priest is good for eating shots and healing it off like it’s not your business, great when your pet is not Rare yet.

IMO, assuming optimal gear and pet,

Sorcerer is good for consistent grinding and typical gameplay, if your goal is to have a reliable source of potions for most content in RotMG.

Priest is viable and fun for all content, especially late game, at the cost of outputting less damage (sometimes translating to loot) than Sorcerer. Healing with a Tome of Holy Protection is just way more unbalanced than using any scepter a few times.

If “optimal gear and pet” definitely doesn’t apply to you, I would select Priest. Despite a slight difference in looting ability, at the early stages of account development, survivability will have more of an impact on your success.

If your main concern is staying alive, or you have prot, use priest. If you are looking for more fun and loots, use sorc.

Both classes are good, the Sorcerer being more focused on offense, while the priest can heal itself and allies. Use the priest if you want to stay alive longer, or if you’re not very good at dodging. Use the sorcerer if you like the range of wands but also want to deal a bit of extra damage. Both are very good classes, and you should try both out as soon as possible to get a good feel for them, as any class can be the best class in the hands of a skilled user.

Well, the only thing I can really add to all advice given is the following: how good are you in terms of potion-obtaining with other characters, if you have any?
Because you should take the maxing of both classes into account. An average Sorcerer needs 30 attack pots to max attack (avg. being 40), while an average Priest only requires 19; however, a Sorcerer only need 17 wisdom pots to max said stat, a Priest needing 32.

As far as UTs go, you don’t necessarily need any UTs to succeed as either - although Priest becomes significantly more useful with the Tomes others have mentioned - because even with a tiered set, you’re pretty strong on both.
On top of that, you can buy a T11 Wand for just a def, a identically-tiered robe for the same price, and a Paramount Defense/HP ring for, yet again, a single def. The ability, however, depends; a T5 Tome is usually around a def, while a T5 Scepter is on the edge of 1/2 def (a speed, 1-2 dex, or wis) or 1 def.

Just find out which one you like best - but don’t forget that Sorcerer needs a LOT of vitality.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.