Spam clicking with burst fire weapons

(crossposted from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/kemqt7/spam_clicking_with_burst_fire_weapons/)

I haven’t seen anyone else talking about this, and I’m really not sure where else to go (other than realmeye) to start a conversation, so here goes:

Basically, I found that if you spam click with a burst-fire weapon, you can get it to fire somewhat normally, more akin to a normal weapon. I don’t think that this should increase the DPS (if anything it should probably have lower DPS or at best, equal DPS), but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to test this out or if anyone knew anything about this:

I also made a video on it (shameless plug) if you’re confused about what I mean:

I had my brother try this with the new Christmas bow and it didn’t work. It still was the same as holding click down.

Hmm… interesting…

further testing required

will get back to you guys

Yeah idk if it is just with some weapons or smth

iirc with divinity it has something to do with game ticks… something something clicking right before tick interval and you get a double fire. have no idea about the specifics tho… i feel like someone like seelpit would know owo

I don’t know specifics either, but if I remember right the burst delay starts at the first shot, and you have a certain maximum number of shots allowed before you reach cap. So perhaps what your “spam clicking” is doing is just spacing out the max shots within the burst timeframe, right onto the next burst timeframe so it seems to be shooting continuously. You can sort of see that if you click too fast (in the video) that it shows like the “as designed” shooting pattern.

So if I am guessing, “spam clicking” can only match or lower your DPS (match if you still get in the max number of shots in burst time frame, if not then lower), not increase it. If you are able to somehow get more shots within the burst timeframe than the cap, then you can increase it.

@seelpit do you know?

Too much work. I’d rather just let out a burst with good aim rather than concentrate on mashing my mouse and keeping my cursor on target. You are missing out on DPS too by spam clicking, or if you manage to click fast enough then you just match the DPS. Also, clicking like that for extended periods of time is NOT good for your hand. (Trust me, I used to play minecraft PvP for years. Wouldn’t be surprised if I get carpal tunnel or an RSI)

I think Fev’s reply sums it up pretty well. Burst fire is a mechanic I’m not at all too familiar with, but I think it’s fair to say that the “spacing out” of shots within the timeframe is correct.

That said, what I don’t understand is the difference between burst interval, and minimum burst interval…

That confused me too. I had a couple theories, but I doubt I’m correct. I have only a mild understand of the way this game’s coding works, so I’m probably off basis.

From my understanding, burst interval is the time between you can fire shots, but it decreases as your DEX increases (or if you receive a shooting speed buff like Berserk) up until you reach a limit. That limit is the minimum burst interval.

Tested this, it seems to be correct (at least for the christmas staff)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.