[Spoilers] Ancient Doom Bow and Heroic Septavius Resprite

subject to change

small post but it’s pretty big

Ancient Doom Bow

gonna compare to normal dbow for the most part

This ancient bow has became stronger through the ages.

Effect: You are dazed for 5 seconds when getting hit by a projectile. (minimum damage 50)

Cooldown: 4 seconds.

Damage: 400-500

Range: 7(.042)

Rate of Fire: 33% -> 45%

Stats: +10 DEX

Effects: Piercing

FP: 900

Fame: 6% -> 7%

The RoF and DEX increase is pretty noticeable

2019-05-01_14-55-43

2019-05-01_14-55-30

That special effect is definitely special, making the Ancient version not a direct improvement of its original, but still usable. As said earlier, you have to take damage of 50 minimum to have the effect activated. You can be perma dazed.

Heroic Septavius

hseptavius

not much else to say here

[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

wow how could deca have known that people wanted this stuff, no clue

They could have removed piercing

So you have to take one shot that does 50 damage to get dazed? Pretty sure this is gonna be useless in a lot of lategame dungeons, pretty difficult to dodge every single shot, especially ones that are usually ignored bc they only do 50 damage :^/

50 damage is fairly much for a maxed char, if you can just stay at the back of the group or you’re doing some gland dungeon, then the bow would be incredibly strong. Very interesting concept nevertheless.

Uomo’s sprites, h o l y s h i t !

Also the new Ancient Doom Bow is more “Heroic”, good job Deca!

Wish we had a Focus function to dodge, but oh well.

Ahhhh, perfect.
I love how the ancient dbow brings the skill it requires to complete the Herioc UDL into the realm and all other dungeons.

yes, let’s encourage people playing like weenies

why would an archer be at the front of the group?

It looks like septavius is wearing a tinfoil hat and I cant unsee it

Love the concept of it. 50 damage is not much in the current game. Many bosses + end-game enemies throw out shots of 100+ damage, which when reduced by armour + def still do > 50. Heck, even some gods do. Normally with pets you just shrug off this damage; as long as you take only a couple of shots your pet will take care of it.

But suddenly you need to watch out for all those shots. You might end up preferring to be slowed, or blinded, in order to evade more damaging shots that will render you useless for five seconds. The cooldown stops it being too debilitating if hit by more than one shot – you have four seconds to get out of the way of shots for it to wear off (I presume it works that way).

Goes well with the Epic UDL, where we are all re-learning the benefit of taking time out to avoid being shot and recover HP without pet healing.

This ancient bow has became stronger through the ages.

Effect: You are dazed for 5 seconds when getting hit by a projectile. (minimum damage 50)

Cooldown: 4 seconds.

So… this cd means that your daze can only restart once you’ve waited 4 of those 5 seconds? can this be removed w/ puri, as there is no evidence (atm) to the contrary? I could see this being used in void or some other places…

I don’t necessarily mind that they recycled sprites and textures, because all great games do that. I thought that they were all gonna be placeholder sprites (like the UI that everyone kept bitching about that I said wasn’t final - you don’t waste time polishing a prototype), but apparently I was wrong. They shouldn’t be able to tell that you recycled your sprites!

Edit: dbow I looted from HUDL is only called a doom bow… do you think they’re gonna buff them in retrospect, or make everyone start doing the dungeon again?

That typo >:(

no, literally not possible

Why does septavious have hair lmao

How this mf wear a cloak he a ghost

real talk, won’t a few puri priests, a few warrs, one pally and a shit ton of ancient dbow archers be the new meta for halls? This is only a question because niegil has neither confirmed or denied whether you can remove the daze from getting hit.

Considering it’s just a status effect, akin to the Cloak of Bloody Surprises’ Slow, I’d say it’s definitely possible.
A frightening thought for sure.

Here’s Heroic Septavius walking and attacking.
Heroic%20Septavius%20walking Heroic%20Septavius%20attacking

when this boy attacks hes like:
:o :O :o :O

Reminds me of the Deputy Of Septavius from the original Gauntlet idea from WildShadow forums.
http://web.archive.org/web/20130516060004/https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/131490
if anyone wants to check that out.