[Spoilers] More Class Balances: Helm Rework, Prot/ST Skull/QoT Buff, Prismimic and more

ye but that doesn’t matter here war is already op compared to pala this nerf only increases the gap

not familiar with the st skull cuz never had but is anyone gonna talk about how broken this sounds? Insane damage, damaging (Nerfed but still) AND 15 att on equip. This with the rest of the set pieces will probably be better than wizard with spell.

sooo still lower dex same atk and no healing + lower ability dmg meh

but is -18 dex going to make up for +35 att (with the full st set) and a slightly weaker damaging? Also the ability may have lower dps but its much easier to land and pierces armor up to 400 def (correct me if im wrong here)

wearing full set is not worth it tbh and farming sts is a huge pain

still i have to admit that this is actually a good compensation as it will lower the gap between wiz and necro even in group (while fully buffed)

Just another day where kiddforce and his cronies try to blow smoke up my butt and say melees are op.

I have nothing more to say about this topic other than the fact that there is 0 proof that melees are overpowered. Doing damage does not equal overpowered.

Also Kiddforce nice wizard you’re using in challenger mode.

Difference between ‘melees are op’, and No lifeing your way through the leaderboards.

@Mrunibro Tell him how you almost reached number 1 yesterday on warrior.

This isn’t about no lifing your way on the leaderboards.

All classes are unlocked and people can play whatever class they want.

There are only 3 melees in the top 20.

There are 0 dagger classes in the top 20.

The vast majority of top 20 are wizards.

The vast majority of challenger mode players appear to be playing ranged classes.

Heck even Kiddforce himself is using a wizard.

Every time a metric comes out it just proves the simple fact that ranged classes are easier to play and use.

Pretty sure leaderboards are based on alive fame, yes?

Any class with decent gear should be able to survive WC, yes?

Oryx 2 gives 100 fame in a radius around death rather than around the killer, yes?

Realm Event bosses give plenty of fame when killed, yes?

Thus, it doesn’t matter which class you play; all that matters is you spend hours in front of a screen to progress through the leaderboards.

I personally believe getting spacebar damage on oryx as a wizard is much easier than circling him as a melee.

Can you explain why, when people have every single class unlocked, the vast majority are choosing wizards?

ranged is easier when unmaxed, and when petless, hence why most players took those. If it was a season where everyone had a divine pet, I doubt it’ll be the same. But yeah, melee require more skill when you need to get into close danger, and are easier when you just need to survive (thiccket 3rd boss, void, etc)

that being said, melee are far more damaging to the game than ranged. Even in this rift, it only took 1 japan as a knight (granted, with most likely a uncommon mheal pet + several mp pots on himself), to perma stun o2 in the several wc I went into. And during those, well oryx was just a pinata like usual, and 50% more pinata when there was also buffs :stuck_out_tongue:

Remove perma stun and I could go behind melee are fair. When realm was petless and without those 6/6 hp-mp, it was ok, but now on prod it made everything too fast and too pinata to my tastes :confused:

wait so what was the armored nerf?

Its because people on challenger have an uncommon pet at max, which doesnt make melee that op. Also ranged classes feel like a slightly easier start, but considering how much bosses get steamrolled I’m pretty confident that 8/8ing a melee is just as easy.

On legacy its a completly different situation because 90% of the players have a legendary pet.

(from here)

I personally think DECA ran out of ideas to make the game fun so they are making everything for players weaker with this common misconception of “Harder equals more enjoyable” rant.

If these paladin nerfs do go through, I’d probably quit realm for a bit.

Yeah, and they don’t add stasis timer. Nice work.

Crystal.

CAVERN.

ok now when it comes to the items balancing what about kageboshi it for sure deserves a huge boost

Wait, wait, I just realized one last argument for T6 > T5:
T6 doesn’t get a def decrease.

I agree with this quote.

We have lots of evidence that suggests that ranged is superior when unmaxed and petless.

Again, everyone seems to have just blindly assumed that melee is op with a good pet.

It’s really hard to gather concrete evidence, but I have been in a large amount of public halls. The raid leader consistently has to ask for additional melee characters and even threatens to abort/change the run if enough melees do not show up.

Again, if melees were op, there would be no issue gathering a large group of them. Everyone would want to play them.
VoidStats

Just look at this void data from 5 minutes ago.

6/97 players are knight = 0.0618556701

17/97 players are paladin = 0.175257732

14/97 players are warrior = 0.144329897

There’s really nothing to suggest that melees are overrepresented. All my attempts to gather data show that rogue, samurai, ninja, and mystic are underrepresented.

Rogue - Has a very niche role. He rushes. It makes sense he’s not played often as he doesn’t contribute much overall to group dynamic.

Ninja - Ninja has always been regarded as a poor class with a bad spacebar utility. It makes sense that he’s not played as often.

Mystic - Mystic has great trolling potential and is detested by a large number of players. It makes sense that they’re not played that often.

Finally the samurai. Honestly I like the samurai but many individuals have said he lacks the stats to be a high damage dealer.

I continue to gather anecdotal evidence that suggests time after time melees are not overrepresented among the playerbase. It’s simply the fact that some classes are “bad” and underrepresented in general.

Where is the evidence to prove that having a better pet suddenly makes melee op?

At what pet level is melee suddenly op?

How does nerfing melee make rogue more usable in groups, ninja more reliable, mystic less trolly, or samurai more usable?