[Spoilers] Vanity Ability Effects, Class-Specific Items and Bard's Lute Updates/ST/UTs

subject to change

A lot of variety this time, mostly because there’s just been a lot of small shit.

Vanity Ability Effects

This looks to be a new monetization scheme, and it’s a pretty good one for Deca standards. TLDR use shard with rare UT to give it a [vanity] special effect.

Shards

Use with a special UT to give it a special effect.

Requires: [insert UT name here]

Consummed on use

haha consummed

These are the current ones up.

• Golden Shard: Helm of the Juggernaut - Midas OR Quiver of Thunder - Overcharged
  • Chaos Shard: Orb of Conflict - Chaos

there’s also a jugg - chaos but it’s not in the description

• Jade Shard: Helm of the Juggernaut - Jade

Seems to only be event whites for now, but could easily branch out.

Class-Specific Items

This is actually clickbait since it’s only the proc that’s affected by this. The items can still be equipped, but since the proc is the only thing the item has for it, it’d be otherwise useless. So basically, it’s bootleg class-specific items. Anyway, this is what was said in a recent Q&A:

Funny you ask that, we’ve just recently added more possibility on our side for procs. It still doesn’t offer us quite as much power as we wish due to still supporting Flash but we believe in their potential on the long-term to create unique and interesting items.

Here’s some of those additions.

• Limiting procs to specific classes

tldr it won’t work on any other class

• Limiting procs to specific gear
  • On Ability Use proc
  • On Player Shoot proc

Up until now, the only one we’ve had is On Player Hit. Here are the current items with these.

Garland of Shadow (ring)

The beads making this necklace convert Light energy into Darkness energy.

On Ability use

Shadow’s Embrace: Your healing spell now also deal damage.

Only for: Priest, Paladin

Cost: 50 mana

Cooldown: 2s

idk the description really says everything lol

The damage is done by having a poison shot originate from the player, making it look like the priest/pally ability. The damage is 500 (250 impact then 250 over 5 seconds) in a 4 tile radius and will also cost an extra 50 mana. This is also limited to just T0/T1 tomes/seals, probably just for testing reasons. Just an example of what future complex items could look like.

Sword of Furor

A great sword of recognition, forged by the gods for the champions of humankind.

(the rest of the description is the same as the garland lol, even though it’s wrong)

Damage: 1-1

Range: 3

Effects: Piercing

Rate of Fire: 33%

On Player Shoot proc: Tosses a “Beam Furor” at your mouse (throw time 0.5 and cooldown 1)

idk what the beam furor does, but if you were wondering how on player shoot would be balanced, it’d be by the cooldown. We don’t need dex metas.

Anyway, these open up a lot of possibilities in future items, hopefully Deca (more like ugc haha) don’t disappoint.

Lutes

For anyone wondering, these are the max stats of Bard:

• HP: 670
  • MP: 385
  • ATT: 50
  • DEF: 25
  • SPD: 55
  • DEX: 70
  • VIT: 45
  • WIS: 75

Before getting to the UTs/ST, there’s been a couple key tiered changes since the last PT session.

Most importantly, the range increase for every tier is now 1.25x.

Other than that, the radius for both range buff and energized is a static 4.5 tiles (from 3). Duration now goes up with tiers rather than remaining a static 3 seconds, being 3.5s of range boost and 3s of energized at t6 (+ wismod). The stat they give is now def (from att), so +6 def at t6. ok now for the uts

Lullaby

An otherworldly lute composed of the spirits of the dream world. Its music tears a rift in reality, allowing dream entities to enter the lands of the mortal.

Shepherd’s Song: Summons healing lambs upon getting hit.

Lamb Heal: 20

Lamb Duration: 5

On Use: Summons a sheep that makes enemies drowsy.

Weaken Duration: 3

Sheep Duration: 4

MP: 100

Stats: +40 MP, +5 VIT

Fame: 6%

FP: 1000

The Lamb doesn’t have a minimum damage request, but there is a 0.5 second cooldown. Other than that, this would be the first UT to consistently inflict weaken on enemies (not including the Ornament since that’s a proc). It sacrifices the range buff for that. The description says the rest.

Snake Charmer

A ceremonial pungi that contains the spirits of fifteen snakes, guiding the righteous through their many paths ahead.

Snake Slither: Applies Speedy on self upon ability use.

Speedy Duration: 3

Cooldown: 15

Inspired: Increase party range by 1.25x for 3 seconds within 5 tiles.

MP: 120

Stats: +5 SPD

Extra Effects: +15 SPD for 4 seconds (self)

Fame: 4%

FP: 800

Even though the Speedy has a cooldown of 15 seconds, this is still pretty good for when you need speed. (also an example of an On Ability Use proc)

Wavecrest Concertina

A rather peculiar instrument played by the sailors of the seven seas. Its music has the unique property of attracting parrots that will obey the musician’s every command.

Feather Frenzy: 10% chance upon shooting for a friendly fighting parrot to spawn.

Total Damage: 300

Parrot Duration: 3

Inspired: Increase party range by 1.25x for 3 seconds within 5 tiles.

MP: 85

Stats: +4 ATT, +4 DEX

Fame: 5%

There is a 1 second cooldown on the parrots. (also an example of an On Player Shoot proc)

Heavenly Angel Bard Set

no set skin yet. Also, it’s not completely fleshed out yet (as seen by the descriptions). I can also guarantee that some values will be nerfed, but the concepts will probably be the same. Also not sure how this is gonna be released, it doesn’t fit with the 3 p2w STs.

Harmonious Harp

Damage: 110-140

Range: 5 (but it’s literally slower than my brain, it’s almost half as fast as Ripper)

Rate of Fire: 80%

Shots: 2 (Arc Gap 0)

Amplitude: 0.5

Frequency: 2

Special Effects: Piercing

FP: 850

yea

Angel’s Fanfare

Insert Lute description here.

Rise: With the coronation of a new ruler, the angels played a harp that called forth a healing aura.

Reign: They flew through the skies, granting the hallowed realm the gift of longevity.

Fall: ‘‘Worry not’’, the merciful angels sang, ‘‘we will protect you until the end.’’

Inspired: Increase party range by 1.25x for 4 seconds within 5 tiles.

MP: 120

FP: 900

ok now for the actual explanation of that description, these are all On Ability Use procs and use wismod, so the actual values will be higher:

• If you wear the Lute: range boost
  • If you wear any one of the other Bard ST pieces: Healing for 4 seconds within a 4 tile radius
  • If you wear two of the other Bard ST pieces: +75 HP for 4 seconds within a 4 tile radius (same as pally’s ability)
  • If you wear the entire ST set: +5 DEF for 4 seconds within a 4 tile radius

Mantle of Sanctity

Insert robe description here.

Stats: +50 MP, +10 DEF, +5 VIT, +5 WIS, +5 DEX

Heavenly Halo

Insert ring description here.

Stats: +70 HP, +50 MP, +6 WIS

FP: 750

Set Bonus

2 piece: +20 HP, +5 WIS, +3 DEX

3 piece: +20 HP, +4 WIS, +3 DEX

4 piece: +40 HP, +20 MP, +5 DEF, +4 DEX

also some interesting player cap facts

• Ice Cave has no cap, only Inner Sanctum does of 65
  • Mad God Mayhem doesn’t have a cap until the final layer (decaract, same 65)
  • Court of Oryx has a cap of 60 for whatever reason
  • Bazaar’s cap is 150

The vanity ability effects are another decent idea that gets twisted in execution IMO, just like with a lot of what has been added to the game recently.

Purchasable customization options for items! Great! I can put these on my planewalkers whenever I get them becaus-

…Oh. Right. They’re for some of the rarest items in the game, which are already somewhat of a status symbol. If you lose them, you might not find another for a couple years at the rate they currently drop.

Even if they will release versions of these for more accessible items, I think it already says a lot what their first pick was for. I suppose I’m not the target audience since I actually do have a chance of dying on my characters when I play this game.

I have more hope for it. They will probably make them for more abilities or usable for every ability of that class.
hopefully you could select the different shards you have unlocked like how you would select a skin. Also that the shards are tied to your account instead of your character because they do seem quite valuable, it would be really sad if it was once per character.

I feel that making the shards a one-time use that doesn’t persist on the account is exactly something Deca would do.

Many players already quit the game when they lose a character they feel they can’t possibly rebuild. It’s terrible for player retention even considering some people will only quit temporarily and return to the game in the future. Deca is aware of this.
Now let’s slap some more value onto those characters in a permadeath game. I’m sure it wont accentuate the existing problem.

Shard description got change to

Activation: Drag this shard on a [UT] to change its appearance. The new shiny UT will spawn in a bag next to you.
Consumed on use
Cannot be undone

Pretty obvious it’ll be single-use at this point, and the description does imply a new sprite as well, but that doesn’t exist yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.