Streaming Event: Unity Q&A and more post-event content

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/ebxi8v/streaming_event_unity_qa_and_more_postevent/

@moderators move to #news:developers-corner please

I'm BAAAAAACK (Help!)

I see there is going to finally going to be about 60 FPS above 22 yes

Im still going to be stuck at -21 FPS

specc
rip me… and seems like i gonna to say good bye on rotmg later
my normal rotmg already lagged hard on 20+ payers dungeons

Hey; tbf your core 2 duo is still faster than my laptop CPU

Unity is much more optimized that Actionscript (Flash). You can most definitely expect a performance increase, even on an ancient rig.

If Deca makes sure there are no memory leaks in their client, then client stability will also drastically increase. (In the flash version, there is a consistent memory leak, despite how great your computer may be. This translates to the client crashing after being open for an extended amount of time. if you have ever noticed your map going all black, strange client lag, or your game completely ceasing, this is the reason, the shortcomings of flash)

I can’t promise that your computer will run smoothly, but it won’t be good bye to realm for you!

s4
I’ve test played another laptop too, with spec below that one.

this one almost unplayable if there 5 players above around me… (spike lag and uncontrollable movement) even freeze on entering usw2
only playable and smooth sailing on solo dungeons, realm and stuff

players with laptop/pc around this one need to be ready to end their journey on rotmg after unity ( unless they upgrade their pc ofcourse)

This OK?

i don’t know…haven’ t tested on that processor model yet
like you see i only did playing using two “old” processor model (core 2 duo and atom) 32-bit

Pretty confident that if you can play the game now you should be able to play the game after the Unity update. Unity is a much more modern environment than Flash, better able to take advantage of today’s 64-bit multi-core CPUs and GPUs. And a lot of the current performance problems come from the state of the current code; rewriting it from scratch will get rid of this old code, will bring the code up to date so it is more efficient and productive to work with.

For the launch announcement, see: Explosive, Excited, EXALT is coming!