Suggestion: Remove 'Latest' Column From Front Page

Or at least reduce the size. I find that it is quite ‘cluttery’ and unnecessary; especially with a ‘New’ sorter at the top.

Thoughts?

Forum Changelog

It isn’t useless because New is for new topics and Latest is for posts.

Literally the only colum I use… dont tuch it

It’s a built-in part of the forum software.

Good news is they’re giving us a setting in the next beta to remove it, which we’ve all privately voted to do (except Liam, because he wants to be a butthead and break the hivemind).

What forum software is this?

I’m a lazy person so having to only go back to the same page to do practically everything is good for me

Really what this needs to be is a user preference: which front-page do you want? It’s been suggested and they’ve agreed it’s a good idea they ought to add… but nothing yet.

I believe it’s this one: https://www.discourse.org

But I like using it :frowning:

Discourse sounds like it’d be grouped up with Discord

Pretty sure the guys behind Discourse want nothing to do with Discord. They’re kind of elitists.

Ah. There is a ‘Latest’ button as well but my bad!

It’s pretty minor, just as a new user, I found that it felt aesthetically unappealing. I could just be biased though because I was used to the old Kabam forums.

I do still feel that even if the ‘Latest’ column is kept, there should be a clear divider between it and the ‘Category’ column, because the first few days I was using forums, I thought that they were somehow related (as in the they were the two latest posts from each category).

Here’s what a divider would look like

Nearly all the mods hate this current view of the Categories page—the previous one was a thing of beauty, and this is a disorganized mess. We had no control over the change, and hope to get the “old” one back ASAP.

@Liam

Oh that’s what you mean, yes i would like that removed but I want the Latest category to stay.

As soon as the next beta hits there will be a setting to put it back. :smiley:

Discourse seems to like to force others to follow their lead, but they’re still beholden to their paying customers who didn’t like the change. Lucky for us, this time at least.

@UnicornSla, yeah, I agree. The two columns don’t have any relationship to eachother, despite appearances otherwise.

There’s a “Latest” view. Just use that. No need to splash it across the Communities view page as well.

No i know that’s what I use and what I didn’t want removed

I don’t like the front page, avoid it.

Yes, yes, the Latest view isn’t going away, just the right column (also “Latest”) of the Communities view.