Sulfer wetlands

The place is total BS. There are bullets everywhere that armor pierce and no rhyme or reason to it, just impossible to dodge all the sht on the screen so the only hope is to bring lots of hp potions. It is why no one goes into it. It is not a mid-level dungeon. Just died to the minion it shts out at the boss which was surrounded by arms and stray bullets that of course armor pierce. DECA needs to design their areas to be fun instead of designing it in a way in which the most amount of bullets possible are shat out with no hope of succeeding beyond support classes. In the crawling depths, wlab and the like it is possible to dodge bullets and they are fun to do actually - not the sulfer sh*tlands. Haha.

Wetlands is a UGC dungeon, not made by DECA.

Okay memes aside, I really don’t see where you’re coming from. The only things I’m seeing in your post is “too many armor piercing bullets.” I have never had this issue before in this dungeon specifically, and while I would agree with why no one does it being that the difficulty is a bit too high for its somewhat low reward similar to the Parasite Chambers, I definitely don’t agree that the patterns are unfair. Minion clear can be sketchy at times with the armor piercing, but it’s definitely doable even as a melee. I’ve been able to do clears even on unmaxed melee characters in small groups, and it’s definitely possible. I will admit that the minions that the boss spawns could be telegraphed a bit better, but otherwise most of the attacks are doable. The phase with the spiral of large armor piercing shots looks scary, but it’s really a simple rotation. Similar thing with the phase with spinning branches with thrown AoE"s; I would compare it to the attacks from the Lair Spectral Skeleton where you have to dodge in between the gaps while avoiding the AoE’s, being a carefully timed sort of dance around the boss.

I will however agree that is not a mid-level dungeon. The dungeon’s creators weren’t exactly aiming for midgame and wanted to go on the same level as the Parasite Chambers, being slightly harder than the three epic dungeons but not necessarily at endgame level. I don’t have any source on that though, so you can take that with a grain of salt. Regardless, it is definitely harder than a CD or DwD.

My biggest problem with your post in particular is that you aren’t really specific with your points. You just said there’s a bunch of impossible shit on your screen that armor pierces without pointing out any specific overlapping patterns or minions that are too difficult to handle even on their own. The Thorned Drake, the flying green dragon, does look intimidating, but it is surprisingly easy to let it circle around you and dodge its attacks or drag it around the map. The Warped Ent Ancient, the treasure room boss, literally has a giant green arrow pointing to the gaps in between the shots before it releases. I’d be more willing to listen to you if you were just more specific and clear with your criticisms.

The CD comparison is interesting. Crawling Depths to me has taken far longer to get used to especially in its reworked form. Visually it’s much noisier, with eggs often hidden in the slowing web, similar looking to some of the purely decorative ones, occasionally hidden by walls. Spiders especially the smallest are hard to spot and keep track of, but they are the most annoying.

If you are not careful, or if you are with others who are not careful, it’s easy to be quieted and weakened by their shots most or all the time, slowing down progress massively. It’s not worth stopping to explain how ‘shoot everything’ isn’t the best strategy here. Unless you’re prepared to rush and leave inexperienced players behind it’s often easier to leave and find one with only experienced players.

The boss still is a challenge to the inexperienced. Easy to get caught slowed against the edge by him or one of his spawns, getting armour broken or eating a shotgun. Again doing it with inexperienced players can make it take much longer if they break the eggs in a bad order then sit out the fight they’ve made harder.

Wetlands in comparison is far more approachable. Even though things blend together visually, being all green or yellow-green, there’s not the visual clutter of CD, not the density of enemies and shots. If you are unsure where enemies are they stand out clearly on the minimap. I tend to glance at it regularly to locate enemies in each room I’m in.

Enemies similarly are quiet until approached, but they don’t suddenly spring to life as broken eggs do in CD, the ones that move have a short waking up phase which you can use to get ready/move clear of them.

The boss is much less tricky. More phases and status effects but everything is telegraphed, nothing individually does too much damage so provided you pay attention you have time to back off and recover, or nexus if you are out of pots/space.

I forgot to mention this in my reply, but yeah, a lot of enemies have small animations or sprite changes before they actually start attacking. Heck, the Thorned Drake doesn’t even chase you until you get really close to it. It can still be within your view and it won’t chase you so long as you don’t attack or get too near it.

[imgalign=x]http://www.realmeye.com/signature-of/Leolead[/imgalign]

Hmm…not made by deca? That’s new to me. Bottom line is the place is just not fun for me, it’s stinky, annoying and I don’t know what is going on nor do I care. Seems like a: Lets just fill the screen with bullets and weird insta-killing minions that look terrible thing to me…and then they have the pea-shooter from plants vs. zombies…LOL

Trying to do them but when I get to the boss too it lags so bad with all the ‘graphics’ set on low. Pretty bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.