The General Chat Thread

Wow everyone is still here :clap::clap::clap:

I remember you.

You’re slipping, @Seelpit ?

The bees are not constant.
They are free. Fleeting. Sometimes there, sometimes not.

its been a minute since I’ve been on the forums and I missed the talk of the risotto/curry. Still! it looked like it would taste really good @Orsome

(didn’t reply on the thread as didn’t want to derail, and it might be I’m misremembering)
(also @Seelpit as seeing you refer to in/out of combat often)

I thought in/out of combat as trialled (PT topic) would only reduce the effectiveness of all pets, by acting like a handbrake on how often the pet fires off its ability. But a max Divine will still be firing +90HP/45MP, compared to a +69/33 from a max Legendary and +23/8 for a max Uncommon because the core heal values aren’t altered by the effect, right?

And wasn’t it to have been a flat 3 second increase to how often the pet ability fires, so if a max Divine fires heals every 1s this changes to 4s, max Legendary to 4.42s, while max Uncommon is 5.66s. So still you get the most frequent heals off a Divine pet. (pet numbers are from the wiki)

I’d suggest this means max Divine pet owners can simply choose to remain “in combat” and not care, so might actually exacerbate how beneficial a strong pet is, for those who have one.

Certainly it gives an advantage to players who dodge, but the IC effect was to be 7 seconds in duration (I think), and I’m imagining something like the Suns phase of O2 which is basically required to tank so you’re always “in combat”, a Divine pet player will still be getting stronger heals, more frequently.

So I’m very sceptical this will do anything to reduce reliance on pets as a relative thing. Yes the whole game should be less steamrollery due to the whole group being “in combat” which is a good thing, but I think relatively a strong pet could become a bigger asset (along with desire to max vit which I think also reduced the effect length?, which is good since it gives the high pet players reason not to just walk around at 0/8 without a care, lengthening the game for them).

Just felt the need to say this as a caution against in/out of combat being a magic bullet cure-all, as I think it maybe won’t change things relatively between those with high and low pets.

Edit: oh I just found that I did already say this back on the PT thread, lol, well at least I’m consistent:

Yes - quickly revisiting the post, the “vitmod” applies a .2 second reduction in IC time per 5 vit, starting from 0 vit.
For a fun little fact: this means that, using the highest vitality set, you will be in IC for a grand total of…1 second!

I can’t vote on the poll

Ill do another

Which is better for Wiz?

• Anointed Robe
  • Water Dragon Silk Robe

0 voters

so i came here to rant about this

i have no number, well i kinda do, but its not a traditional system of how it works (dont know how that works really)(but i always have to reset it since its always inactive since i never use text)

so these discords servers are ones that i just cant do anything. this particular one u need to send a message before seeing anything so i cant even see anything

edit: also i had put my two rented textbook from the school bookstore into a package and wait for puralator to pick it up to send it to uni, but some guy stole it, have a nice long video too. would share but it has street names and such

Fascinating.

as they should bee

This is only kind of related, but I also think it would be cool to see a dungeon/encounter involving Azamoth; the entity is treated as a god by the cultists, and I definitely think there’s endgame potential there if DECA decides to make things harder than LH. Again, a bit of a tangent from Xil, but it would be cool to see some of these all-powerful beings that are referenced on occasion have more of a presence in the game.

O3 is apparently going to be harder than LH, Nest, Shatts, and Caverns which means there is a new level of dungeon difficulty, perfect place to include Xil and Azamoth, also Malphas’ RE description mentions the presence of a heaven that he fell from, so you could have an arena style dungeon that is like a divine trial or something.

No???
Oryx is distanced pretty dang far away from those two - the only connection he has to the Halls is with his “top infantry”, and he knows Xil…exists, but that’s about it.
Why would he entrust those beyond the Wine Cellar???

I think Nameness is referring to placement of difficulty, not actual placement of where the encounters will happen.

Still, it would bee thematically ridiculous. Them being on the same level or so seems fine by me, but definitely not the same location.

Oryx 3, Xil, Azamoth, and Malphas in same place be like:

I meant same level of difficulty not same dungeon