The General Chat Thread

This?
https://www.google.com/search?q=nyan+cat&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjoj4yWwYPtAhV2jOAKHVGdBAAQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=nyan+cat&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBAgAEB4yBAgAEB4yBAgAEB4yBAgAEB4yBAgAEB4yBAgAEB46BAgAEAw6BggAEAwQHlCtGFi_I2CjJWgBcAB4AIABTogB5AKSAQE1mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=PpOwX-j4GPaYggfRuhI&bih=657&biw=1366&safe=strict

Iā€™ll admit, Nyan Cat did cross my mind. I wanted to offer something less generic though.

TIL this is a character: ā€°

I donā€™t know why Iā€™m so fascinated by it but I think everyone needs to know it exists

Oh yeah, the parts per million symbol! Itā€™s useful for dealing with large groups, like population sizes. Iā€™ve used it a few times in the past

That actually came up at work just last week! Crazy coincidence! My coworker was mind-blown finding out that percent was just per-century, and that it can be used with other prefixes as well. This one always bothers me thoughā€¦ Why is it per-milli instead of per-mega?

Edit: I guess Bookā€™s explanation above is pretty sensibleā€¦ Based around the full word, not the metric prefixes.

Edit edit: Iā€™m dumb and confused my prefixes, also we were both kind of wrong, see post below.

see if I had found it like that I wouldnā€™t care, but apparently this character is part of the .png file header. the first line of a PNG file when examined as a text file is ā€°PNG and Iā€™m like wtf is ā€° doing in there

proof if you donā€™t believe me:

Thatā€¦ Thatā€™s bizarre. I am impressed that you noticed it!

also youā€™re correct about it being parts per thousand not per million, itā€™s ā€œparts per milleā€ which is based on the ā€œmilliā€ metric prefix which is 1 thousandth, a brief google search confirmed this

Interesting. Iā€™ve seen some interesting symbols used for programs before, like a bunch of dots and diamonds and other symbols you donā€™t find on a computer. I should do some research and find out the purpose for it all! Iā€™m curious all over again. (:

Huh. Then wouldnā€™t you think it would be ā€œper kiloā€ or something? That rolls of the tongue pretty well and actually makes sense. It isnā€™t per thousandth, it is per thousand.

idk man you two are the ones who recognize it as an actual symbol instead of misinterpreted hex garbage

Youā€™re right, I messed that up. I looked it up quickly to confirm myself. I remembered its relative usage, anyway

Edit: Ninjaā€™d with that photo ^

<3

Dude do you really not tp?

yes, they donā€™t tp. i thought you knew that already.

I am a ā€œheā€ just telling you.

Yes I do not TP. Well I used to but now, nope.
https://www.realmeye.com/graveyard-summary-of-player/PRCSakura

I was driving home when I passed a building that had changed its advertising a littleā€¦

My camera wouldnā€™t fully register the screen no matter the resolution or FPS, so what itā€™s saying was close to: ā€œWE HAVE JOBS! Ł©(< Ķœ < ) ( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

This was a professional institute! I couldnā€™t stop laughing until I about arrived at home. Iā€™m not even sure if they knew what they were doing bahaha :joy:

so apparently O3 runs coordinate themselves enough to kill both guardians at once and skip the 2nd phase, which was really cool imo, never thought to do that

Sad ā€œRed gangā€ noises from pub runs

We shave off some of the hp to speed up the process, anyway.