The new atrocious nest teleporters need to be gone

My apologies if this was already made before, or if this is just a temporary change to accomodate the nest event, but I couldn’t find anything on the topic so I’d figure I’d post about it.

So for those who don’t know what I’m talking about: Now, after you kill the Killer Bee Queen, a large number of blue hive teleporters appear throughout the dungeon in every room, including the spawn and troom. These teleporters warp you back to the boss room.

What’s the problem? It is highly unnecessary for one, and it makes finding the Troom boss potentially more annoying than before. Firstly let’s just question ourselves: Who asked for this change? Who said “Man I give up finding the troom, I wish I could have a magical teleporter near me at all times to warp me back to the boss for my nest completion?” It’s just dumb, you might as well do the same for the Mad Lab, Parasite Chambers, Davy Jones Locker…any dungeon with a troom. It’s just so unnecessary and just clutters up the dungeon.

Worst part? You’re trying to find the troom, a soldier bee charges at you and you back up…right into the damn teleporter. Just, why? I already have to worry about the honey and smaller bees, now I need to worry about getting sent 6 rooms back into the boss room for stepping on the most inconveniently-placed teleporters? My friend tried to take a little breather at the corner of the troom, not knowing there was a teleporter there and he had to run 11 rooms back to the troom…

Why is there even a teleporter in the troom? The boss himself literally drops the portal completion upon death, what is the point of being able to tp back to the boss room after killing the boss that drops the same portal of completion?

Please remove or rework this, it’s just garbage atm

the nest teleporters were added because event chests used to need the dungeon to be cleared out of all enemies. the nest has permanently respawning enemies, so the workaround for that was to have the spawners stop spawning baby bees once the boss is dead. only that led to a new problem because people clearing out the leftover bees wouldn’t make it back to the chest in time before the leechers killed it since there’s no teleporting allowed in the nest. that’s where the teleporters come in. once the chest spawns, the teleporters zap everyone back to the boss room so everyone can get their loot.

unfortunately deca had already stopped doing clear events by the time they got added to the game, so it makes you wonder why they bothered pushing those changes in the first place.

That makes sense…but yea I agree, I’ve no idea why they added these for the sake of adding them, they not only add nothing to the dungeon, but ironically made it worse

If I didn’t know any better (and tbh I don’t, I just assume it’s intentional even though it really doesn’t seem like it just because Deca has done stranger things intentionally), I’d assume it was a bug of some sort that re-activated the normally de-activated teleporters.
It’s an incredibly strange change to re-activate them IMO given clear events aren’t a thing any more and the tiles just look so placeholder and unfinished.

Well, they may bee annoying, but I’ve exploited them to get out of sticky situations a few times.
Though that’s moreso due to other questionable design decisions regarding the Nest.

From what was written at the time, yes it was due to the idea that clear dungeon for the chest was going to be the shape of events (and IMO should have been, y’know, work a bit for the bonus chest instead of it being served on a plate).

They went live into the game with the changes for the Nest Rework: X.31.8.2 - The Nest.

Although they were switched off at that time, explained most clearly by MrUnibro in a topic expanding on the details of the rework, and the reason why they were added:

…but as to why they’ve begun to be activated… I assumed this was done to help players who have been cut off from the group, missed the boss fight, and have got stranded with (big HP scaled) enemies inbetween themselves and the boss room. Maybe chased back several rooms and couldn’t make it past a big bee in rage. :honeybee:

Even having missed the boss fight, they can at least TP in to do the chest, via the teleporter. :fireworks:

On the flip-side to the teleporters being an annoying peril of accidentally standing on them – It actually does open up a bit of tactics for weaker characters trying to get to the T-room after the boss, because sometimes “that one guy” rushes ahead into the T-room fight while there’s a beehemoth lurking right outside (and will fire bombs into the T-room making it all the more perilous).

Well you can allow the beehemoth to chase you back to a deadend branch, walk on a teleporter, and then rush back from the boss room to the T-room, probably in time to do soulbound.

And the blue design, hey at least they stand out! :smiley:

I see what you did there

Can you elaborate on these design issues?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.