The Shogun (Original Class Idea)

Because it can daze QoT is obsolete.

By that logic, ctrap is obsolete because of tiered quivers. The Slow Quivers (Freezing and Beehemoth) are obsolete because tiered traps slow. Since quivers paralyze, midnight obsolete.

See the problem? Yes the class needs to be nerfed, however adding daze to a class as the main ability would be an incredibly neat game mechanic. Especially late game do to a ton of enemies being immune to stun. What I would do is remove the slow, and add a 2.5 second delay to stop the spam. Also raise the mp cost so it is also harder to spam.

Basically @HerpDerryO

Thank you, should I also reduce the daze times from 2.5 (lower tiers) and 4.5 (higher tiers) down by around 0.5-1 second shorter and have low damages on them?
And then I could even lower the classes attack by 5 an dexterity by another 5, maybe adding a better balance?

Now what class does both? ARCHER

But not in one shotimage

But the thing is that Qot has a 6.5 seconds cooldown. What kind of tiered item is going to be able to match with that? If you give a tiered ability a 6.5 second cool down, this si going to be one fucked up tiered items

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

Wrong.

Slow Quivers are obsolete because tiered traps slow, only because tiered traps are so much more accessible. Same goes with midnight star, and ctrap. If both of them were the same droprates, then both would be equally applicable.

However, the slow quivers would be much better than the tiered traps, as they do better damage to a single target up close, as well as having those great stat buffs and a relatively low mana cost compared to traps. Ctrap is easier to aim, and people with ctrap will find themselves turning to huntress instead of archer for the paralyze. Midnight star, those with good ninja gear and no dbow for archer, may find themselves leaning on archer. It all depends on the player’s gear and preference.

Also, in the rare occurrence where there might not be a huntress, one would have to rely on the archer to slow. Just because another class does something, doesn’t mean that it should be the only class to do it.

Right statement, just the wrong reason.

So…high MP cost and 4 second cooldown and around 10-100 damage or low MP cost, 6 second cooldown abd 5-50 damage?

A one-off semi-rare ability does not rival QoT. An entire class that does daze does.

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

“Original class idea”. Yeah… no.

These type of comments are getting repetative. Find somethin constructive to say or dont comment at all.

@ZaTank

This sort of thing is ever present in the game. the Coral Venom Trap paralyses enemies but so do T3+ quivers, etc.
We need variety in the status effects, if you come up with another status effect to replace daze for the tiered Kusarigamas then I’ll consider changing it, but there is no point commenting just to complain. Either give me constructive feedback and tell me what i could improve, or just refrain from commenting, ZaTank, because it’s really not helping me to better my ideas.

point?

the base functionality of traps and quivers are completely different. traps require planning, but can target groups, and quivers are more single-target oriented.

what you are suggesting is… gamebreaking. is there a goddamn cooldown? and do you realize how many enemies in the entire game are immune to this combo? do you fucking realize how broken daze ALONE is? range daze/stun is already taboo as a status effect. yet with this class, we have literally no idea about a cooldown, range, area of effect, etc. i’m legitimately tempted to put this in #ideas:wip simply because of the very few specifics this idea has at all. we don’t even have a rough idea of the mp cost, for heavens sake.

and 4.5 seconds? dear god, are you trying to make permadaze a reality?

holy shit, that’s so original! instead of having the game keep a semblance of continuity, you would rather copy the dozens of other “deviants” with their “original heavy armor katana classes”.

a kusarigama is not an implement solely meant to disable a foe’s weapon. it also acted as a grappling hook that allowed you to safely get in close to an enemy. i would be a fan if it briefly stunned an enemy in exchange for allowing you to get some quick damage in.

This is unnecessary. I have given the players all of the information they need about the class, and a brief about the Kasurigama. While the ability hasn’t been balanced proply this is a class idea!
I’d prefer users to comment on the class itself, and not the ability. I will make a seperate thread later elaborating on the Kusarigama and listing all of the tiers and the properties.
Then you can have at me and tear the idea apart as you wish.

What’s your point?
You and others need to stop repeating the same points, its getting silly now, read the replies by others before you decide to comment.

In a way you and other users keep seeming to contradict yourselves. You serously think that a basically melee class ability will be remotely similar to the archer and its quiver? Just as traps function differently, the Kusarigama will be nowhere near similar to the Quiver of Thunder. An finally, even if perma daze was possible, would it be any more broken than perma stun on Oryx the Mad God 2 and other early game dungeon bosses? Come on man, think about it.

Come back when your criticisms are constructive and help me better the idea, not just list what’s wrong with it.

Regards,
Redox.

An Apology from Redox

Alright, here’s my constructive criticism on the class:

No heavy armor. The katana was not designed to be used in conjunction with heavy armor, period. It’s supposed to be a high-damaging weapon that can hit multiple targets at once. When you give the user that much DPS and the ability to stand there and take a bunch of hits, it’s too much. I wouldn’t be opposed to the Defense capping at 30 however. That seems like a far better option. With the aforementioned change, I’m fine with the rest of the stat caps in general.

Also, I’m glad you have uploaded some sprites. Those weren’t there when I last checked in. My main criticism before wasn’t about the ability so much as the idea was not yet complete, but now you’ve added a couple sprites for the character and starting ability, which by the way, don’t look too bad.

However, regarding this comment…

Au contraire. The ability all but makes or breaks a class. It defines the class. The fact that the tiered ability progression isn’t on here does make the idea a work in progress. And I’d say the main debate in this entire thread has been whether or not the ability should be able to Daze, and whether or not it would make the QoT obsolete. It would’ve help your case tenfold if the actual tiered progression had been posted here in the first place.

No, there’s no need to make a half dozen different threads about the same idea. You should try to post as complete an idea as possible on this forum, but if you don’t or can’t that’s fine, and that’s why we have the newly added WIP section. This is still a work in progress. It’s a decent idea, and I can see you’ve given it a decent amount of thought, but it is still not yet complete.

To be fair to you, you’ve been fairly constructive with this comment so a massive thank you. I will continue to improve this idea. When I say I will creat another Kusarigama thread I will most likely link it to this. Alternatively I could make a drop down menu-ey thing but i dont know the html code for it as i am restricted to an iPhone 4.

Regards,
Redox

Find an idea that actually is original or don’t include it in your title at all. I’ll say what I want, thanks.

At this point i dont really care what you’ve got to say.

An Apology from Redox

Fine by me