The Thousandth Post to Buff Priest and Sorcs: Is it Necessary?

Sorrc and Priest need a buff. I can’t find an incentive to make a Sorc over a Wiz even with Fulmi. Prot Priest seems really fun but Sorcerer is basically a 1/2 damage Wizard whose ability basically shits on enemies, making it only really good for godlands soulbound. Wizard with 2.4K DPS and the same on it’s ability is just better 80% of the time, which means either nerf Wizard or buff wand classes, depending on your philosophy but IMO a Wizard nerf would piss too many people off.

PRIEST: the beginners class, dead simple to use and still hard enough to die with but it’s pretty weak, just face it. With Prot it is balanced, you know the trade off for being a super tank. Move Priest’s SPD/ATT/DEX to where Sorcerer is right now. It will still be doing about half the damage of a Wizard, which is about fair and if you think that is OP, let Prot subtract -5 ATT or something along the lines of that.

SORCERER: Still doing about half the damage of Wizard, making it’s DEX and ATT equal to Ninja would make it about right. It still would do about 40% less damage than a Wizard and if you think that’s too OP please do let me know. Cap tiered Scepter mana cost at 70 and you have a reason to use it for pure SB over Fulmi.

Beginners shit on Sorcerer, they look at their cloudflash scepter and death wand and compare it to their horror staff and destruction sphere and think “meh I need an OP pet to abuse that”.

“Pros” fulmi farm to hell and back and when they get it they max a Sorcerer, put it in the train with their level 90 Magic Heal and let the fulmi farm pots for itself knowing that their wand does half the damage of a Wizard already.

You did not read what I wrote. I did not write that tiered sceptres are “much better” at overcoming armour, only that they are marginally better.

Say your enemies have 100 def. Fulmi does 80 damage to each, so 560 damage. Storms does 100 damage to each, so 800 damage.

Fulmi costs 65 mana, so does 560 / 65 = 8.6 damage per mana. Storms costs 85 so does 800 / 85 = 9.4. With no armour Fulmi is more efficient, while with high armour Storms is more efficient, but the difference is marginal each way.

Whoops, I did read what ya wrote but I mistook it for something else by accident. Your math is right, but your logic is not.

Fulmi is always more efficient per mana, but not per use. (You stated the actual costs of the abilities so those are the uses)

Another thing I can admit is that Storms is more effective with burst damage, but if you want high sustainability Fulmi is the better option as it is more cost efficient in the long run.

You’re comparing to the wizard who has high dps, but missing out his disadvantages (lower spd, ability which needs more skill, no tiered pierce). DPS is one part of the picture, but not the only thing.

And it is okay to prefer wizard and never want to play wand classes, everyone has different playstyles affected by so many factors: if maxed, pet level, if solo or group, if eventing/dungeons/etc.

The goal isn’t that every class is equal since we’d end up with a 1-class game, but the classes provide a variety of flavours of Rotmg. As long as players of each class have the opportunity to loot, that is essentially the only must-have, and achieved by sensible sb levels. The rest is just decoration.

Essentially I’m saying in a longer way that no (maxed) class needs any kind of buff.

I say +40 dmg to all wands, the dps should avg add ~120

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.