Theoretical question about loot drop potions

1. How does the loot drop potion work? Is it like the loot tier booster, where there is a chance to boost a drop-rate, or a straight up 2x (example) drop rate on anything? If it’s a chance, anyone know the multiplier?

2. Obviously in the case of independent events (i.e. white bag drops), the following question doesn’t apply. But let’s say there are three people (players A,B,C) that have dealt SB on Thessal. Then they each have 1/3 chance of getting mana. Player A uses a loot drop, which let’s assume theoretically increases the drop rate by 2x. Does that mean Player A now has a 2/3 chance of getting mana? If not, what how does the RNG work?

3. If you drink a loot tier, are all bags still red, or only the ones affected by the boost tier? (I’ve never drank loot tier by itself lol)

Loot drop buff theory

Straight up 1.5x afaik. If something had a 2% drop rate, it would be 3%.

Yes (if the drop rate was/is 1/3 xd)

Everything, wether or not it’s affected.[quote=“Uniqourn, post:1, topic:11677”]
(I’ve never drank loot tier by itself lol)
[/quote]

weirdo

It’s x1.5 not x2

Are you sure about this one? Perhaps there is a different function to assigning who gets the pots. For example, the Twilight Archmage drops exactly two mana pots. Thus its drop rate is 100% for the first mana and 100% for the second one. Then a RNG determines who gets it?

As opposed to tops, where 1% means everyone who qualifies gets rolled independently.

Because in the earlier example I gave, using a loot drop kinda seems douchy if what you said is true.

Three people qualify for Thessaloniki, one dude uses loot drop and suddenly the other two are facing a 1/6 chance of a mana.

I’m guessing it gives you a 2/3 chance, but still keeps the 1/3 chance on the other two, there can be many manas droped in one ot (still assuming that the drop rate is 1/3).

OK, I have no idea about that but let’s say cdepths then, where only exactly 1 drops. Then is it technically depriving the other of their loot chances?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.