This makes no sense [low FPS when it gets crowded]

I have a very decent gaming PC gtx 970 graphics card for you tech savvies, I can play many games 60 FPS from CSGO to CoD
. For some weird reason when I play realm my fps its usually 50-60, but when it gets crowded it goes down to 20-40. This makes no sense at all to me bc why would this not be an issue to rotmg. Could it be because the game is based on flash? Just want more in depth to this.
Thank you :slight_smile:

A graphics card isn’t a PC but idk about the frames

updated :slight_smile:

Idk dude, I get the feeling that some computers are just too good for rotmg

CS:GO servers arent as shit as realm
same thing with pretty much every other mmo or shooter.
I don’t think it has to do anything with flash, it makes sense for your fps to go down when many people are using the same server as you because the server has to receive and give out many signals.

Flash is inefficient. Your FPS is determined by how many times per second your computer can render the flash content. While in busy environments the server is pushing a lot more data to your computer, which can affect FPS somewhat, other than that the server has nothing to do with how fast the game renders.

Good that we are moving off of flash soon.

I can’t wait to get a character past 1k base…

You know rotmg
Isn’t well optimize
As
Csgo

wait then what are we supposed to use? Flash works fine with me. Site sucks and i hate steam version

Gtx 970 Low OC, I7-4790k Medium OC, 16GB Ram.

The game still cannot run at constant 60fps for me. Sometimes the FPS even drops to 25.

What i have heard is that flash is highly unoptimized which is the cause of the problem.

u luck bastard

few questions:

1. ssd or hdd?
  2. m.2 or sata?
  3. how fast is ur internet
  4. ddr3 or ddr4 mem?

I run on a 6 year old laptop and it works just fine (with ally particles turned off) so I guess your hardware isn’t a problem.

Might want to check Flash has graphics hardware acceleration on in the settings (not in the game, turn that off, just on in flash).

On the days when my ISP doesn’t suck balls everything is smooth unless Windows 10 decides to scrub the hard disk. 100% disk utilisation (Microsoft are obsessed with updates) screws up my frame rate. Check your disk IO whilst your playing the game and make sure your AV, update or a rouge* process is pounding your disk.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.