Thoughts on new LoD

If you head over to the Cursed Sprites thread, you can hate even parts of it that aren’t in the game!

He said it was never meant to be endgame content

Saw this thread and just wanted to post.

The problem with LOD is that it’s no-game content. If it was never meant to be endgame content that’s fine. But right now LOD doesn’t fit into any category.

It’s hard.
It’s long.
The loot is scarce.
The loot is meh.

There’s really no reason to do this dungeon.

I like going black blue green red, it compensates for how tankable the dungeon is otherwise with more pet stasis and armor pierce, Ivory Wyvern is a great boss because of how fast paced and chaotic it is imo, but admittedly the drop rates are too low.

Not ‘hard’ if you know the phases. Though I find it fun, it’s not worth it to do more than 1 boss.

I really enjoy the rework. The new inheritance mechanics keep the dungeon fresh for me, and the fights are actually FUN now.

I have to admit they really butchered the hell out of the Ivory sprite though. The rest I’m fine with. Only issue I have with the dungeon is that the loot is trash. Even if I don’t care about potions, most of the whites from there are really underwhelming when compared to STs. I suppose this would be fine as it isn’t considered an end-game dungeon anymore, but they gotta pump up those drop rates to make up for it. I rarely ever see anyone running whites from here besides the katana and star.

Don’t worry: I made it even worse!

I think Deca should fix the drop rates before fixing the dungeon

Personally I love the new lod I liked the old one too though

Its not that difficult for me now. I was able to solo it on my ninja, the only dragon I dislike is the blue dragon and that’s because I run away from him when I am being slowed.

That one’s good, don’t know what you’re talking about ;3

The Rework I genuinely like, maybe a bit safe now, but it at least follows the original concept I heard LOD had with the dungeon changing according to the choices the players make, feels like the kabam has been removed from this dungeon, but I have some criticisms for lod that make me refuse going in there at all now.

The biggest Is the HP & scaling of the bosses, even their minions are a bit too high, the dungeon is one slog fest that drags on (pun intended) at least 10% longer than it feels like it needs to go on for.

2nd is the loot is still stingy and inconsistent af, can’t the bosses be a little more consistent dropping mana at the very least? If I spend 15 minutes in a dungeon, I’m usually hoping for better than a vit, dex or speed pot.

Those pots that buff you, for 5 seconds with an random effect, are virtually pointless, make it at least 10 seconds like the nest pots, or if there was a way to manipulate the buff you get, but the way they are now is so unusable it is like why even bother adding these to the game?

So TLDR: too much HP, loot too stingy, the effect pots are a troll addition, so I cba to go into lods because its a 20 minute slog fest with almost no rewards.

What’s the best skull since you play necro so much? I’m only have t6 and I wanna know which one I should be grinding for

Esben can bee a great boon, and is relatively accessible, as it’s quite common.
Memento Mori can also bee very strong, but is slightly rarer.
I wouldn’t recommend trying to do Cults specifically for CSouls, but it is my personal main if I’m not using the full Hollow King set.
Endless Torment is the most situational of the bunch; I really wouldn’t recommend farming for it, as Shaitan’s just aren’t that fun.

Why is Shaitans harder than nest?

I’m not sure whether to call Shaitan’s harder, but I have a lot less fun actually doing them because of the phases feeling too repetitive. It’s not exactly the same.

I really like the Esben skull as it slows which is very handy when rushing

Still, a mid tier dungeon that even rivals an endgame dungeon… er…