Tips to start a successful guild

I have made a few guilds now, and learned how to start a successful guild, keep it alive, and have learned things I should not do. Maybe even start your own guild after reading this guide :wink:

How to start a successful guild

• Have keys, this may seem like a greedy thing to say, but most players in a guild (believe it or not) only join for keys (and community but whatever)
  • Be friendly. Don’t cuss out a blue star who just joined your guild
  • Be active. Leader not active, Players leave
  • Have discord! A better way to communicate, schedule guild times where you pop keys with the guild!
  • Have a good name! A catchy name, catches a persons eye. you don’t want your guilds name to be something like “Kewl Kids R gud”, preferably keep it at a one word name that sounds cool, take “Inferno” for an example, sounds cool, and simple (Join us REEEE)
  • Have a nice, appealing Realmeye page, and a good reputation, so people will like you better. :slight_smile:
  • Make sure a lot of people use voice chat, to get to know people :slight_smile:, of course, you shouldn’t force them.

Keeping it alive

The most important part, I’m basically just repeating a couple of things I have said above. Constantly recruit people, and when people leave, ask them why. Try to change your guild into being more like-able.

• Promote people you trust
  • Demote people who aren’t active

Things you shouldn’t do

• Not have requirements, even though some guilds are new, and don’t have requirements, a lot of realm players quit early because they die too much, A friendly requirement would be to have 2 4/8 characters. Simple, right?
  • Try not to make a bad Realmeye page. If you don’t have a long, professional realmeye page, good players won’t want to join your guild. (I learned from experience)

btw
Join Inferno

I see what you did there…

Lol I thought at first this was what keys to pop for your guild lol

I don’t think anyone who’s new is willing to spend money or wait 30 days to get their dailies.

well then that’s too bad

These keys are just a way to make your guild like everyone else’s. A guild with no requirements, no offsite bull crap, and people who don’t actually care about playing the game would be my ideal.

wait wtf come back to RL

side note: pls invite SchoolGlue
https://www.realmeye.com/player/SchoolGlue

Can I join?

dang it i was thinking about doing that

Honestly, with all the guilds filled to the brim with famous white stars “successful” guilds are obsolete to me.
All that matters is the people you met and became friends with either 6 years ago up until now. The spirit of friendship is what keeps both guilds and the game alive… Otherwise Realm is a pretty boring game.

Thanks, I’ll consider this if I ever bother making a guild :smile:

Something that might help: Force people to come to voice chat. It makes your guild much more alive and interactive.

That was something Cricket had and it was really nice to have people be on discord every day.

Having active leaders/founders makes a big difference too.

Join whose guild? Solars or Mine?

Maybe your guild

Sure! We just started, and I don’t think we have keys yet, also, the requirements are getting more strict by the hour! Fortunately for you, friends join, no questions asked!
For anybody who wants to join too, the requirements are:

• Orange star+
  • Discord (you don’t need it, just for keys and shit)
  • Active on realm
  • Experience in epic dungeons
    OR
  • Be a friend

(Other than the orange star requirement, all these mentioned above are pretty friendly requirements for a guild!)

A few years ago a comrade got drunk and kicked everyone from the guild and that day terrestrial went from 4th to like the 500s in fame

Took time to fix something like that, i guess id recommend people who can handle what they drink

Oh damn, that’s not good!

buy keys buy members
lel bussines

Not really, some guilds can be “Friendly, no key guilds”, however they won’t last very long

My joke got exposed again