Trading Posts in Nexus

It’s ok, this is a bit unique. Like the idea +1

Looks like a weird mini-Janus. Isn’t this basically small scale realmeye?

Yes, however it’s ingame so it’s much quicker
You can put up a trade and play at the same time without spamming USW2/3 (If you don’t put up a realmeye trade, which is longer)
And, the items come automatically to you, so if a trader wants to give you something while you do lets say a shatters, you don’t have to loose the trade/loose the shats, as it’s fully automated and quick.

I’m glad I didn’t have to make a post about this. You addressed the current problem and handled it well! Couldn’t have said or made a better idea myself.
Even so, I have a few pointers:

• We could merge realmeye trades to the game, instead of creating a whole new trademaking system. Perhaps when you put up an offer on realmeye, it automatically syncs into the in-game trading post. If you run out of trade descriptions (as you said the maximum is 8) you can be able to continue making posts on the realmeye website as before.

• People should be able to search for and upload their offers the same way as on realmeye. If you want to trade with someone according to their post, it’d go like this:

MrEyeball: Notification: xXpuzzyslayerlelxdXx wants to buy your DECA ring for 8 UBHP. To accept this offer, type /trade yes. To decline this offer, type /trade no.
JoshBros: wat
JoshBros: ohhhh is this that new trade thingy
JoshBros: cant belive that dummy is overpaying
JoshBros: /trade yes
MrEyeball: Trade successful. 8 UBHPs have been sent to your gift chest.

From there, your DECA ring would automatically be removed from your inv and sent to xXpuzzyslayerlelxdXx, and vice versa for him.

I believe that this idea can be refined and edited, but otherwise there should be nothing stopping it from being implemented. good luck.

EDIT: The sprite definitely looks a bit off. Maybe change the coloring to be more friendly to the brownish-white look of the nexus? The current sprite would miss the color theme and stand out a bit too much.

Oops, I didn’t really expand on this, but I think this is a great idea, allowing realmeye trades to also be done through the trading post.

That’s the kind of feel I was going for, but you did much better explaining it.[quote=“JoshBros, post:7, topic:6701”]
EDIT: The sprite definitely looks a bit off. Maybe change the coloring to be more friendly to the brownish-white look of the nexus? The current sprite would miss the color theme and stand out a bit too much.
[/quote]

As I originally thought of this idea, I was kind of going for a futuristic feel, but now I think about it, the theme probably would not blend in with the Nexus theme. I wont try to change the sprite, as I think my abilities to create sprites and adapt them are very bad. Thanks for the feedback!

I put in the word “trade” in the search bar, it showed me this thread:

From that one onwards, there were links to all these different threads:

Not all of these are the same, but they all offer the same structure for a trading system.

As of writing this post and now, I’m feeling a bit sick so that may lead to why I’m so unobservant, again I apologise. I thought I would be able to expand on this idea in my own way but I hadn’t noticed originally.

No problem, you have all the rights to post this idea. I just posted all those threads for you to see them.

So many private servers do this… Nice idea though.

This will probably never happen. Realmeye is a third party system, which is not affiliated with DECA and also, the syncing it up causes a whole load of different problems, such as, the workload would probably be too much for the servers to handle, causing it to crash.

I’m sure we all agree that improving the current servers should be DECA’s #1 priority right now, but after we see some stability what’s wrong with implementing this idea?

Is there anything stopping realmeye from being merged into the actual game?

Remember what the banner on the forums says?
RealmEye is not affiliated with Deca Games, the developers of RotMG

Anyways, what is the sprite supposed to be?

The menu idea is pretty unique. :smile:

One problem with this is people could use it to store items in their gift chests instead of their regular chests. They could do this by trading items to their friends, and then have their friends send it back, therefore going to the gift chest.

Yes, this is a very common idea, as @CMME said. Good effort and I’m glad you explained a lot about how it works, so a :candy: for you! Also, I’m not a big fan of the sprite it looks really odd.

I don’t see why I would use this over realmeye.

Don’t like this idea because I think merching and trading shouldn’t be any easier than it is right now.

No need, we got realm eye

That is actually a very interesting concept. Perhaps the traded items could go into your vault. If there’s no space in your vault, the trade won’t happen.

This can be exploited to have extra vault space for all of your tradeables.

This mechanic will never work seeing as how Realmeye and Realm of the Mad God are unaffiliated.