Trickster Guide

I was just bored, so…yeah, I just made this for fun.

The trickster is a strategic class that relies on her speed and DPS.

The first stat that I usually max when going through the “maxing stage” is DEX because sprites are really abundant, they’re fairly easy to run, and DEX improves my damage output early, which means I can quickly take down higher-leveled monsters. I always have to watch out for Limon, though. Even though I’m fairly experienced with sprites, unmaxed tricksters are so easy to die on.

The next stat I go for, or rather TWO stats, are DEF and VIT. I used to be terrified of running abysses, but now that I played for a while, they’re quite easy to tackle. Abysses can give you both DEF and VIT, two important stats, although the latter is not as crucial. Just make a long-lasting decoy run into the next room, attract monsters to it, kill everything in sigh, and repeat.

From here on, I normally run any dungeon I see, especially Mad Labs and Snake Pits. Once I max 6/8, the real fun begins. I can rush ToAs, OTs, and Shatts so much more efficiently.

A reason why I don’t like the trickster SO much is because she isn’t one of those classes where you can slap on cool-looking UT items. And coincidently…I’m that type of guy - the UT-slapper. So if you’re like me…don’t play the trickster.

Dagger of Foul Malevolence is probably the best dagger choice for the trickster because of its nice damage output and its safe (as safe as a trickster can be) range. If I get something like the CGR, though, I’d probably use it, because the trickster already has great ATT, so it’s just a choice between more damage or more safety. I’ll take safety, TY very much.

For the prism, I would use a Prism of Dancing Swords, along with T6 and T0 prisms. I just like its “no teleport” thing because it’s really safe. I never had one, though, so I’m just waiting for that…The T6 prism is great for sending a long-lasting decoy, perfect for bosses, and the T0 prism is fine for rushing, as it’s cheap and effective.

Picking the right armor would be tricky for me if I had many choices, but I don’t have a lot of choices, other than a basic tiered leather armor. But if I had the choice, I would probably go for Coral Silk, because as long as my computer doesn’t lag, I’m pretty decent at dodging, so missing one DEF isn’t much of a big deal to me, as long as I get 4 DEX and 3 SPD. I wouldn’t mind Golem Garments, either, but if you ever have the choice, go for Coral because your DPS shouldn’t be a problem.

The ring section is probably the only thing I actually get a little bit of freedom on. Expo is nice for me because it’s easy for me to get my hands on, and it’s decent. If I went a little higher, though, I’d probably pick myself a Nile or a Pyra.

All of this was in my opinion, so if I got something completely off in yours, tell me.

Wot
In
Class
Misunderstation?

all these parts are unnecessary if yer char r all 8/8 :ok_hand:

I’m type of guy who plays ballsy, and i’d use any dagger on trickster, including cdirk(if i had one :P), etherine, stinger and all, since you got decoys. you just aim your decoys perfectly on top of the mob but slightly off from your side, making it stationary and fire at different direction, and just stand close to it (make sure you know how long your decoy lasts) and then deal massive damage. it’s just sad to see how 95% of the tricksters in rotmg just never use decoys…

NO.
Trickster is one of the fastest class in the game along with ninja and rogue (fuk u warrior ya aint comin here).
you don’t really need extra speed on dagger classes, especially when you are trickster who can just spam spacebar. dexterity, kind of depends. DPS won’t hunt, but still, not that necessary. but compared to archer/huntress, you have significantly lower range. I’d say it’s good to go with armors with high defence, which are either T14/leaf hide/nil(still farming for it).
of course, if you are like me and doesnt give a shit about defence just go with garments/spectral, but nil looks better :stuck_out_tongue:

ree

how is this a guide if it’s just a post explaining what you do? it’s so heavily biased in your opinion - for example, basing it off of your own experience with lag, or the fact that you lack swords prism, or that you want ut’s on the character - that i’d hesitate to call it a guide at all.

sounds like suicide. are you the kind of person who considers running to the first boss “rushing”? if you actually tried rushing one of the 2nd boss’s switches, you’ll immediately understand why trickster is dogshit for it.

so what’s outside of the norm here that necessitates 12 whole words? is that not what you’d be doing on any other class anyways?

slowclap

hell i had no problem maxing my trickster when i was farming sprites, as long as u have maxed rare pet, shes a luxury everyone loves

Which makes it a pretty shitty guide, seeing as a guide should be as objective as possible

It would be even worse if it wouldnt be his opinion

How does this have anything to do with playing trickster. And yes, you can slap on cool-looking UTs.

Why are you even making this guide then.

You’re making assumptions by jumping from foul to golem remains. If you assume people can get a LH ST why not just say that sinister deeds is the best dagger to use.

No inclusion of davy or dire instability prisms? Those can be two of the most important prisms for some people.

Again, you can’t assume people can just get their hands on one. Why not just say wyrm hide is the best.

This guide is missing out on a lot of things. Basing a guide off of your opinions makes it sound very incomplete and lacking information. You talk about some items and then ignore the rest. And you haven’t really told us how you play the trickster, so any newcomer who might read this will miss out on a lot.

What about secret?

They mean first and second switch

trickster guide (ArkRumierA’s edition :P)

Trickster is a class that is fast. I mean. fast. FAST. F A S T .
since T0 prism is given when you start a trickster, you are already fastasfuk boi.

I will skip this

fuk off if u want it just go watch bickuribox fifteen’s guide on maxing shitz

Trickster’s stats are pretty much the same as others, but :

• trickster have 5 more atk than assassin

• trickster have 15 more atk than rogue
    trickster have 10 more wis than rogue

Which makes it the best dagger class only considering it’s stats. It’s just a direct upgrade.
Now let’s talk about trickster’s ability :

Before we look in, we need to divide her ability into two : DECOY and TELEPORT.

DECOY

Decoys aggro mobs into itself as if it was a player. simple as that.
Decoys WALK TO THE DIRECTION YOU WERE WALKING TO, which can possibly put you into danger.

here are some decoy tips :
  • T6 prism’s decoy last 8 seconds(longest), and you can TP back after you decoy, making it a decent choice if you want the longest decoy possible.
  • Dsword prism’s decoy lasts 7 seconds and splits into 2. To be honest with you, unless you are trapped between two mobs in lost halls and such, having two decoys won’t be likely to help you that much. Since it does not teleport, you can use decoy while RUNNING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION, making it a reletavely safe choice. it’s stat bonus are pretty neat (4 atk, 4 spd, 40…hp?), so you can use them on chests and such.
  • Dire insta (prism of dire instability) is NOT meant to decoy things to make it stay away from the group. It’s decoy lasts for like 3 seconds or something, making it similar to T0 prism. NEVER USE THESE FOR DECOY. and this doesn’t teleport either, but, it’s decoy explodes. …and it pierces. This is AMAZING for crowd control IF YOU USE IT RIGHT. I’d say it’s good on godlands farming, clearing out dungeons, and such.
  • Brain of the golem. It’s decoy doesn’t move and doesn’t teleport. Decoy lasts 7 seconds and explodes around 1.75 tiles, causing enemy to daze for 1.5? seconds or something. short. SINCE IT’S MP COST IS 65, IT’S SPAMMABLE. you want to use this in a situation where the boss is aggressive and follows the nearest player. like Toxic Sewers last phase.

TELEPORT

simple, teleport to your cursor location. The only class that can do this along with rogue w/ planewalker.

You don’t really need tips for teleports but…

Here you go.
  • T0 prism, one of the best prisms for teleporting thanks to it’s low af mana cost.

• T6 prisms, you would use it more for decoys, but it’s good when you want a long and safe decoy, since you can teleport back.

• Ghostly prism. Also one of the best prisms for teleporting. 65 MP, only 5 higher than T0, and it leaves a ‘trap’ thing that explodes which deals massive damage. but the trap doesn’t aggro mobs, so it’s good for stationary and not aggressive mobs, i guess. Never got one, so i don’t really know.

ALSO, ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR CURSOR IS NOT ON TOP OF A MOB. MOST OF TRICKSTER PLAYERS DIE BECAUSE OF THIS. YOU CAN SIMPLY USE NON-TP PRISMS AS WELL.

Item choices

dagger
anything works just fine if you know how do use decoys. If you don’t, too bad. learn how to.
ya needa pick some long range dagger that has the big gay if ya aint gonna decoy, like some crappy ass foul or something. and it looks so bad. You gotta flex on those people. You wanna use like Stinger, Cdirk, and those cool things so that you can flex with your set, but you needa use them too. if you want to flex AND not decoy, go with carved golem remains. but good luck getting your hands on one because they are rare af.

prism
already mentioned that shit up there.

armor
Of course Nil is the best armor for trickster, but nobody really have it. The reason nil is the best armor is because of it’s high defence. it only takes away 2 speed, which is unnecessary on the fastest class in the game. If you don’t have nil like me, go with Tiered ones. It should be fine with that since it have decent defence.

… …If you are good at decoying. pick offensive armors, like garments or spectral. always remember :
if you don’t take damage, your defence doesn’t fucking matter.

ring

WARNING : DEAD MEME

ree
just kidding, anything with decent amount of HP will work just fine.
Deca ring works,
Bracer is hella good,
Crown, fuck yes,
Pyra, decent.
Nile, sure, why not.
Expo, ehh, but fine.

MP are practically useless since you got that phat pets now and that MP costs are pretty low. You might need one, but IT’S NOT AS WORTHY AS HP.

tl;dr : Trickster is FAST.
If you know how to decoy then you can do whatever the fuck you want with items.
if you don’t then TOO BAD you needa get hella safe armor/ring/dagger. not worth it.
It teleports around to annoy the $H!T out of you and will decoy so that mobs will no longer feel like they have a life.
omni is cool

pls add stinger on dis quote

idk what QSD is so i just changed the whole thing

lul u dont know? its queen stinger dagger

oh. you couldve just said stinger.

k lemme edit

Since I am bored, I will do a trix guide
Stats: Def dex
Spd Atk
Vit Wis
Mana Life
Daggers: Literally anything is fine (tops and uts: foul, sinister deeds, spirit, cdirk, stinger, etherite, cgr)
Prisms: T0/Ghostly, T6, Dire Instability, Brain, Dancing Swords (Basically choose what you use the most)
Armor: (from best to worst imo) nil, leaf dragon, golem garments
Ring: Hp ring, Bracer, Crown, Pyra, Omni

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.