User's read time a bit stalky?

Is it possible to hide one’s own “read time” and number “posts read” stats from public view? It seems a little stalky to be able to know how long someone is spending on here.

(the 2nd & 3rd boxes to the left on the user profile page)
https://www.realmeye.com/forum/users/nevov/summary

New Update to Realmeye PLZ!

Very nice
Not as much as mine ;-;

It is a little creepy, I do have to say

Haha is it the new Post Count?

It’s literally worse than post count cause you can just click on every possible thread and scroll down and then idle the computer so the hours just rack up.

Good thing it’s meaningless. :wink:

Someone here will try to find meaning in these small things that don’t even show up when you post.

I’ve never seen anybody with a more impressive ability to exploit the most pointless stuff than the RotMG community.

Well, it wouldn’t be Realmeye if everyone wasn’t immediately trying to hide everything…

I can guarantee you, nobody except @OrothiXZ and @Toastrz will care about those stats but everyone is going to use the Most Liked and Most Liked By stats as irrefutable evidence that the whole forum is a big circlejerk and all forum regulars are fascist elitists who hate poor little newbs.

And besides, you’re a pretty old RotMG player. It’s probably too late to be ashamed of all the time you’re spending on this. :smiley:

You forgot candyshi and I dont think Orithi would care that much?

Seripusly though, I agree that it seems a bit…wrong and I wouls probabally hide mine if possible

I see you have 7 hours of read time. Interesting. :wink:

Haha yes at least it doesn’t have a “time spent writing and rewriting, rewording, sorting out the formatting and any links in your own posts” stat. I dread to think.

FTW: REforum time + graveyard Active For time + muledump MinutesActive

and special shoutout to all you Steam players with that Total Hours gameplay stat in plain sight. :wink::sob::scream:

Good thing it doesn’t have a ‘how many times have you edited a post right after posting it to add one sentence, or a bracket’ counter

For me I think it’d be in the millions ;-;

How has no one pointed out that the name of the site is RealmEye and that the front page of this site says “We’re watching you!” in big bold letters?

How do you still spell my name wrong?

Why would I care about something like this? I’m the type that has 30+ tabs open 100% percent of the time, and I leave a lot of them running in the background. You will have to be a really lonely individual if you really care about someone that leaves a tab in the running in the background so you can “stack up hours” to make yourself an elitist.

Wait, so you genuinely don’t understand why I would pick you and Toastrz as examples of people who care about forum stats?

I understand entirely why you picked me, however as to why you also chose Toastrz I do not know. I can understand why you mentioned me in the manner that you did for posted very frequently on the Kabam Forums, and as some may say I “post farmed” (someone even made a meme of it) all the way to X number posts in X amount time to achieve “ranks” which were granted after you posted X amount of times, and somehow community made it out to think that these “ranks” achieved for posting X amount of times actually meant something when they never did to begin with. Many did not like on the Kabam Forums for my “post farming” as well as my monotonic posting style where I never showed much emotion in my posts.

Have I missed anything that you would care to elaborate on?

I just picked the two guys with the highest post count on the previous forums. Seeing as I was spending 99% of my time on General Discussion, I don’t know that much about forum memes (hell, I still don’t fully understand what the hell happened with Skoad).

Seriously though (and to put this thread back on track a bit), I really don’t understand people getting sensitive about things they do on the forums.

Even back in WS forums the percentage of players who regularly used the forums was really low, and that percentage has only been dropping ever since.

Furthermore, the RotMG community is incredibly fragmented. The only people who would take the time to look at your forum stats and posts and attack you for them are generally staying in their own hugbox on some other website and would never dream of getting out of it to start shit by themselves.

While RealmEye provides the service and opportunity to be able to hide your in-game stats, whereabouts and the like I don’t think it’s entirely necessary to be able to hide that for the forums.

How seclusive do you want to be? Fishy >.>

I guess if someone really has a problem against it, they can just sign out, and browse anonymously, can’t they.

And it is different than RealmEye itself which picks up the data automatically, here you do have to actively register for your account to record/display any data.

Yeah OK I’m convinced.