Vital Combat: 3 Months Later

I don’t think that would help. It would incentivize smaller groups, yes, but making it affect RNG in a way outside of the player’s control makes such a system a prime target for griefing and toxic behavior.

I definitely agree with this. I remember when only one pot was guaranteed in most dungeons, and as a result players would routinely drag on each other in the hopes of getting rid of other players and guaranteeing their own loot.

Hm… I wonder what could be done to incentivize smaller group???

Holy Jesus, can’t imagine what would be that like.

:thinking:

ok >_> that was fun and all (minus losing a bunch of good itenz from attempt 1…) but you’d die from a stroke if u had to grind 15 hrs/day playing like that…

altho yes i do like how guild runs are more a thing (proud of deri, first ever guild void done in 2020, now we do be doing endgame regularly :D)

new hp scale also veri cool, got crazies who can solo void now :^)

pretty sure you’d die from a stroke just grinding 15hrs/day anyways

I don’t think any game should be played to that amount, geez
That leaves just 9 hours to do everything from sleep to eat… and this is assuming you don’t have to work or smth

:sunglasses: gamers gotta game. ok fine more realistic is like 10hrs a day. when i was living alone tho 15 was pretty doable during events, 7 hrs for sleep and 2 for other “keep urself alive” items :^) family life not let me grind tho :pensive:

but uhh back on topic:

i dont think u elaborated on this point at least in this thread, care to say why?

I feel that it ruined large groups, and they did need something but against them but now it is straight up painful to do almost anything endgame in a large group (at least in my opinion) and that this really ruined people who spent money on pets, which I feel deca shouldn’t do, as that is one of their main sources of income for rotmg

wait… did you literally not do anything else in a day?

other than ROTMG…?

how are you still playing this game?

how did you not burn out lol

The General Chat Thread

Small runs are already gate kept as all hell though, why are you further incentivising them?
They’re already faster and safer than big 50+ runs, the drop rates will just another reasons to refuse players entry into them.

uni pls

what?

Dang 161 people voted in that poll, didn’t know there were nearly that many still active on forums

as someone who took a break for a good while then returned after exalt’s launch, the game feels much better. things that were supposed to be threatening but weren’t now are a real threat, and also this update cracked down on LH raids, which is good for the economy. before this update running a lost halls in the discord server for it was… extremely easy to say the least

It may be good for the economy, but the damage has been done, and it’s not the only contributor to the downfall of the market, sadly. Too little, too late.

Admittedly, in some ways, it is nice to be able to hop onto your feet faster, but that does trivialize the new lesser content, even for new/struggling players.

Sorry for the revive, the economy is screwed due to O3 and events. I was trying to buy wis a few days ago on realmeye and the most offers were about 1/1-2 life/wis. Imo pot drops should be buffed eg guarantied pots for up to 4 people in early game dungeons instead of 2, void having actual drops instead of marks 3 times out of 4, dungeons like lod and thicket and encore should have pot rates increased up to htt, wlab, cdepts.

Sorry for the random reply

I also noticed the economy is really messed up at the moment. Also, I have different idea that instead of guarantee for 4, it should remain for 2 dudes but 3rd player or more will still get pots (though in not guaranteed rate).

That’s…already the case, afaik.
See, there’s really only four params for loot: threshold, rate, min, and max.
Threshold has recently become more or less redundant, considering it’s basically always around or lower than 0.1% of an enemy’s health.
Rate is, well, the drop rate.

Now, for min, this determines the minimum amount of players that can get the specified item. An instance of this are said godlands dungeon potions: at least 2 players will get a potion if they achieve soulbound, ignoring the listed rate.
max on the other hand simply limits how many people can get a potion - and as far as I’m aware, this is not applied on said bosses.

Fun little trivia: the Shatters whites used to have a max value of 1, meaning you literally could not get more than 1 of each white per group per run (until Deca removed this)! Because the entire dungeon is a dumpster fire that is an insult to game design! 8D

IDK it’s just me or what, but I don’t see an increase of fatality rate after IC/OoC becomes a thing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.