Warlock class idea

##The Warlock :)))))
This is a concept idea and is probably highly impractical, but is interesting to think about.
#Stats at Max
Att: 65
Dex: 70
Spd: 30
Def: 25
Wis: 85
Vit: 45
Avg Hp: 600
Avg Mana: 500

Now youā€™re probably wondering, Jam, whats with all that mana and wisdom?!1?!1/11?/
Well kiddos, listen up. The Warlock has a less than standard mode of attack. I donā€™t have sprites or mockups of the design but it isnā€™t very hard to wrap your head around. Hereā€™s the sitch, the Warlockā€™s main attack takes mana.

Now that youā€™ve come out of that corner, shivering and sniffling, saying ā€œJam, why?ā€ Because its never been done, thats why.

The Warlock fights with Scrolls, which have an aoe and attack constantly. They are centered on your cursor and follow it wherever it goes, decreasing the effort in aiming ;^)

Scrolls will all have the same aoe, no matter what tier (except UT scrolls), and will do more damage and have more mana drain per tier. This encourages play with scrolls that arenā€™t top tier, as they do more damage, but consume more mana. This also encourages strategic play, as you wonā€™t be able to attack if you get greedy, but you will be able to do massive damage if you play right >:^)

ā€œJam, what about dex???ā€ Dex will simply modify how fast enemies caught in your attack are damaged.

ā€œJam, if his attack takes mana, what does his ability do?ā€ Glad you asked. The Warlock uses Grimoires (didnā€™t steal that :^|) to restore his mana. The Grimoires have a cooldown that increases each tier, and work like a paladin seal in the sense that they modify your mana cap, gain, and instant gain. They also gain those abilities depending on what tier you decide to use. For example, t0 would just provide instant mana gain, while t6 would provide instant mana gain, a mana gain boost, and a boosted mana cap.

This class is basically a glass cannon that has infinite range as long as you can see your enemy, boosted damage versus other classes, but only in bursts, or middling damage constantly. Hope you like it!

Also, sprites for the class, scroll, and grimoir will be accepted with open arms. Stats for the items will be scrutinized and maybe included, because Iā€™m not sure what will be balanced at this point. Bottom line, any advice/help is wonderful :heart_eyes:

Well shit, lets scrap that name.

:sweat:

Motherfucker. Im getting torn to pieces.

This idea isā€¦ different. And thatā€™s not necessarily a bad thing. Not necessarily a good thing either. Kudos on not making a ā€œthis is my class, it inflicts <insert status here> when you press spacebarā€ thread.

It kinda goes against the simplistic origins of RotMG. But the game is so far removed from its origins that something whacky like this might just be what it needs.

Why didnā€™t you include an attack stat?

Because sometimes people forget what they wanted to do when they walk outside of a room, and thats exactly what happened.

uhhhhh do you mean stats at max?

Nope. Those are your average stats at level 20. Mana is retardedly high, Iā€™m aware, its for a reason.

It has 25 def at lvl20? O.o

if these are the stats at lvl 20, then the stats at max are all gonna be retardedly high.[quote=ā€œPiggby, post:11, topic:2367ā€]
It has 25 def at lvl20?
[/quote]

this is also something im confused about

This is a unique idea. That makes it either really OP or really weak.
With the stats as of now, it seems the former would be true.
I do like that itā€™s something different, though.

However, I have one question- would grimoires consume anything, or would they simply grant you Mana on use?

Do they take the monsterā€™s mana or other playerā€™s. If it is the monsterā€™s mana I would ask do monsterā€™s have mana? And if its players I would tell you it would be a good troll class

No, the game isnt supposed to be like that.

85 wisdom at level 20??

My bad bois, I totally mixed up the stats

Mixed up the stats Iā€™m such a silly goose

I understand, thats why i said this would be totally impractical??? Its just a concept and interesting to think about.

Grimoirs would just give you mana, but with a cooldown thatā€™ll prevent you from spamming it and getting infinite mana. Its basically just a last resort if you run out of mana while attacking.

The name could beā€¦ ā€œThe Thaumaturge,ā€ ā€œThe Seer,ā€ or ā€œThe Soothsayer.ā€

I particularly like ā€œThe Thaumaturgeā€.