Weird RNG on certain bosses?

The best 2 examples that I can think of are Crystal (Prisoner) and O1. I have done tests because I was interested in this phenomenon. Whenever I teleport late to a Crystal or enter O1 much later and do less damage (boss is usually dead at that point), i always end up getting loot. But when I stay there since the beginning (even sometimes getting first hits) and deal more damage, my percentage of loot is like 1/10th compared to late damage. Is this intentionally in the coding or is it just weird RNG?

T.L.D.R.
Is more damage correlated to less loot on bosses like Crystal and O1? (I get the concept of RNG though)

Probably not, even though I wouldnt be too surprised if wildshadow messed up the rng.

I am of firm belief that some bosses just have a very low SB threshold.

The loot system being just a simple*:
has player hit the target? is player still in the realm? Yes+Yes=RNG roll for loot, lookup result in loot table.

And anything to do with when the damage occurred, not affecting this process at all.

Overdamage being a complete myth, because of the number of times I have soloed enemies and still got loot.

We talking about “Over damage”?

No, shoo

This happens frequently to me too when I fight the Crystal Prisoner.
I however doubt that this would truly be the case. Perhaps it is because I’ve done more crystals late? Wouldn’t know, my memory isn’t too great.

It’s possible that these late-arrival lootings leave more of an impression in the mind, because of the expectation of getting 0, so it feels like a surprise/unusual thing.

it’s just something you notice and pay attention to

we, as people, will take note of getting loot from something like expecting nothing but then getting something even though you are late to the party

you recall these events more than you do the times you loot in more typical situations.

therefore, you become confused… and start asking questions

I think this is where myths/rumors start taking place. “Hey, did you know if you do this, you’ll get more loot?”

i created a lot of theories, too…

one thing with the crystal prisoner is his massive amounts of weaks, these if u arrive late, you usually get shots off before u get weaken, allowing easy sb dmg. But sometimes if your there from the start with a big group you might not even reach that sb dmg since u were weakened the whole time.

I can almost relate to this being that the times I get to Oryx1 first I never get anything. I have no idea about the crystal but O1 does seem to be interesting.

overdamage

just kidding that’s a busted myth

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.