Welcome message format bugged

Am currently seeing it like the below, with # symbols visible in the headers - another victim of the recent update change to how '#'s are parsed by Discourse?

“#” is only accepted with spaces behind and has to be at the start of a line, iirc

#test

test

test

nvm it doesn’t need to at the start of a line, but it only gets applied for one line

Yes that’s right.
Until the latest update the forum seemed to happily accept it without a space, so a lot of old topics have that formatting: ##test which is now broken as it requires: ##(space)test

I am guessing the same applies to the Welcome message, and simply getting it edited to add a space in there will fix it.

im sort of on the line on how it interacts with css/html stuff too
#test

test

well html seems to be fine but i know that markdown in general messes is incompatible with custom formatting on this forum

[details=“Summary”]

test
[/details]

# Summary

test

text alignment might be a custom feature, that could be the source of the problem

Oh bother. Thanks for finding that.

Woah did u just fix it? I saw the hashtags there just a few minutes ago

Yep. ## is markup for headings. Previously you could use #Title, but now you have to add a space like # Title. Broke a few things here and there.

Merveilleux. All working now. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.