What do you guys think about changing stuns and paralysis to act like stasis

At least on bosses and events it should act like a stasis, where is the fun in everything getting perma stunned or paralyzed… in the past at least I had to carry mp pots and take turns with another knight to even attempt a perma stun, now almost everything gets perma stunned.

I feel like all status effects should have a cooldown timer on them like stasis so that a boss doesn’t get totally shutdown.

I know some newer bosses are immune to stuns or other status effects, but I feel that old bosses should be changed as well. A new era calls for new changes, most old content bosses all get perma stunned and steamrolled, especially open world events. If they have a time frame in which they can’t be stunned like stasis, at least they will have a fighting chance. #saveoldbosses

Knight nerf
Is knight to OP? should the OP be decreased?

this thread at the bottom talks alot about rebalancing knight.

@Scorchmist I feel that making the knight shield have a cooldown is not a very good idea because than any boss with more than 1-2 knights can perma stun, the cooldown should be on the boss instead so that he can have a chance to at least Attack a little before vaporizing.

Nerfing the shield also would cause more problems than good, it would make the knight pretty hard to use against multiple enemies or when rushing. The knight being able to keep spamming the shield isn’t the problem, the problem is that the boss can be perma stunned. Just imagine the mystic with tiered orbs on a cooldown, it would be so hard to stasis multiple enemies, instead monsters are given a stasis cooldown instead.

Therefore I’m not talking about changing knight but changing the way bosses get stunned instead :smiley:

yes, i meant, dont just read his comment, that idea was also brought up.

@Scorchmist oh I see haha, I’m off to bed! Will reply tomorrow :smile:

We don’t need a melee that has the Mystics ability. The knight is pretty unique and fits well into his role nicely. The Ogmur is a very nice change to the standard stun.

I don’t think you understood what the op meant. All he is saying is that, just like enemies can’t be stasised right after they come out of stasis, enemies shouldn’t be stunable right after they come out of a stun.

It’s an idea that has been suggested many times and seems reasonable. Now, extending that to every status is new to me. Maybe that’s too much. I would like to see it implemented for the stun and then we can expand the idea from there.

What’s wrong with stun? To some extent, it benefits everyone.

gotcha.

Not sure if I agree with that. Many of the newer enemies seem to have things that stop things like that via stasis of the pet, unstable, more confuse now.

A less eye-cancer version:

T0: Stun 3 secs, 55-90dmg, 1 shot, cooldown 1sec
T1: Stun 2.8 secs, 100-140dmg, 2 shots, cooldown 1sec
T2: Stun 2.6 secs, 150-190dmg, 3 shots, cooldown 1sec
T3: Stun 2.4 secs, 190-240dmg, 3 shots, cooldown 1sec
T4: Stun 2.2 secs, 230-280dmg, 4 shots, cooldown 1sec
T5: Stun 2 secs, 270-330dmg, 5 shots, cooldown 1sec
T6: Stun 2 secs, 300-360dmg, 5 shots, cooldown 1sec

And give Ogmur no cooldown.

Makes Ogmur far more useful and makes the Knight unable to do such a high-burst damage while simultaneously stunning.

An even less-eye cancer version:

What about the Janus shield? I’ve added my idea for Janus below. While having 4 shots, it will have a narrower ‘arc’, meaning more aiming.

Tier Duration (s) Damage Shots Cooldown (s)
0 3 55-90 1 1
1 2.8 100-140 2 1
2 2.6 150-190 3 1
3 2.4 190-240 3 1
4 2.2 230-280 4 1
5 2 270-330 5 1
6 2 300-360 5 1
Scrotum 4 250-350 4 1.5

Scrotum is a tier now?

But dont you guys think that stuns are pretty balanced now? Knights currently can stun multiple mobs without being too op and also carries a small risk, adding a cooldown and lowering the stun duration would only lead to knights being unable to rush effectively as it wont be able to stun multiple targets in quick succession.

I feel that the problem isnt with the stun and that stuns are a perfectly fine mechanic. Knights are/were one of the best classes for rushing and adding a cooldown to the shield even for 1 sec will see a huge uproar from the community. It will be a sgnificant nerf to the knights playability.

Why i suggested to make bosses (old bosses especially) non perma stunnable is because right now they get pretty easily stunned up by either 1 knight with a divine pet or multiple knights, which in my opinion ruins the fun of it. Take for example the hordes this holloween, ive witnessed a huge group of people just standing clumped up together while a knight perma stunned it and everyone just autoattacked without even moving. That does not feel very fun to me.

Making a cooldown on shield would negatively affect knights in an area that does not need changing (rushing/stunning multiple lesser mobs) and at the same time it wont completely solve the problem of perma stunning (multiple knights can still perma stun relatively easily). Its a solution that in my opinion would cause more harm than good.

While making bosses have a short duration of stun immunity just like stasis would effectively solve the problem with perma stunning while not touching the good aspects of the knight.

@Bluenoser i dont really mean all status effects, and yeah im speaking more towards updating the old bosses and events. But i too feel that some of the new bosses are just fine as they are. Mainly the older bosses who are more prone to perma stuns.

TLDR: Cooldown on shield = create another problem while not solving the original problem. Sorry for the ‘eye cancer’, i read a lot of books so i usually dont mind reading ‘long’ text. Plus it feels like i can explain the pros and cons better than in point form.

Any old mechanic you change will cause an uproar. People don’t like change.

But I agree with you, permanent stun immunity should be removed completely and temporary stun immunity should be implemented in every enemy. Adding cooldown on shields wouldn’t prevent chain-stunning if there were at least two knights present (and if they cooperate, which isn’t very hard).

Are you saying something along the lines of,

• Bes gets stunned.

• Bes is stun-immune for 1 second after the stun wears off, so he can’t be chain stunned?

I like this idea, but the sheer amount of time required to go through every enemy and change their behaviour (unless they are able to just use a ‘find and replace’ script) would deem this unpractical.

That is true, and would be especially true in huge groups of Knights. O2 would still get gang-banged when there are 3+ Knights just taking turns spamming space.

@Werbenja yeah change it tough :frowning: but it is something we constantly need to do :smiley:

@UnicornSla well we can start small for now by changing some of the bosses to see the outcome of the change :smiley: and if the reception is positive than maybe we can move on to other bosses step by step! It might be hard to do a major overhaul but if we do it step by step we can monitor the progress and eventually reach the end goal!

I think the stun immunity would also SLIGHTLY fix the dps disparity as melee classes with the highest dps wouldn’t be able to hog all the damage as if the boss was just a target dummy. Wizards might have to dodge more shots and not just spam on point spell bombs if the boss isn’t perma stunned and barely active! Although it wouldn’t fix all the Dps disparities! cough priest cough.

haha, anything in game discussion/ideas usually has long text,
especially with rmgnoob there.

lmfao[quote=“HighFyve, post:14, topic:2252”]
Knights currently can stun multiple mobs without being too op and also carries a small risk, adding a cooldown and lowering the stun duration would only lead to knights being unable to rush effectively as it wont be able to stun multiple targets in quick succession.
[/quote]

In other words… balanced?

The stun combined with pets is single handedly not just the most overpowered broken mechanic in the game, but often the single thing that breaks down any potentially challenging enemy.

It’s cancerous and needs to be nerfed, regardless of what the community wants.

The Knight needs nerfs in multiple areas. But a nerf as devastating as this one is manditory.

Personally, i’d nerf the Knight down to 40 speed AND apply this nerf on the shield.

@Trofimowen I thought the knight is pretty balanced rushing wise and on minor mobs but maybe I was wrong haha

But nerfing the shield only still won’t prevent perma stunning though, maybe nerf the shield and implement the stun immunity? :smiley: would the knight be more balanced like that in your opinion?

In my opinion though I don’t think the shield needs a nerf haha but either way it won’t fix perma stunning XD