What do you think of me?

Self conscious and insecure? who cares you’re not going to dwindle those traits away by faking

I get what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think this is great advice either. The problem is that putting on a mask is not a substitute for taking character flaws to heart and making sincere efforts to improve them.

My bad, what I meant is that just because you think others, or yourself, dislike your personality doesn’t mean you should just change it for them, do what is healthiest and makes you happy.

Well duh, of course it’s much easier to make a perfect imaginary person up than it is to actually be a perfect real person.

But sometimes, what looks like the easy way out is what’s going to make your life miserable in the long run.

I know what it’s like to hate yourself. I know what it’s like to crave escapism. But I also know that the best I’ve ever felt about myself have been the times I got out into the real world and did real things and met real people.

I love you RMGnoob <3

I’m going to be honest. I don’t know you that well. I don’t know you as a person, and I don’t know you as a RoTMG player. But I understand you’re hurt, somewhere in there. I was honestly kinda scared when I saw this thread, because it reminded me of this one.

Look, Icky, you might be hurt inside, but I just wanna know we’re here for you. You might not know us in real life, and we might not know you, but if you’re ever feeling sad or depressed, remember, we’re here for you,

For me character flaws help me empathize more with someone which can be a good ice-breaker (online at least) and when I learn about someone it makes me feel closer to them. In the past I had terrible self esteem and was very reserved, I’m very far from perfect but people were still able to be friends with me when I opened up and it helped me with my self esteem. Sorry if this is completely unhelpful.

I’ll be real with you Ickabod, finding/loving your true self is going to take time. But it’s certainly possible.
Years of self reflection is essential, you might have heard the phrase, “know thyself” before, what it refers to in a nutshell is knowing who you truly are.

It’s not going to be easy at first if you haven’t done it before, (alongside living as your ‘mask identity’ blinding it) but you can start by writing down what you like and dislike about yourself and what you can do to better the ‘bads.’ Afterwards it gets easy and you can self reflect subconsciously. Then compare and contrast your mask identity to yourself, identify what’s real and what’s not about yourself and change it accordingly until it feels perfect. Having idols helps too in the way you take their positive traits only. Never copy the negatives…

I won’t judge you for who you are or what you do, often people just end up creating an identity to cope with their personal issues in life. I know this from personal experience.
But it’s something critical that needs to be faced head on before getting worse in ways I don’t want to mention.

It’s not going to be easy, but when you break out of it you will feel more confident and happier than ever before.
The key is remembering that you build yourself up, one block at a time with each month and year going by. You build your own definition of the word perfect that’s achievable. Good luck

What’s an Ickabod?

i just keep on getting reminded of ichabod crane

I am very sorry I keep dumping threads like this on you guys. I just have a lot of feelings and nowhere to vent them to. My soft boy body is just a catalyst of all kind of nasty feelies and I don’t really have any healthy ways to cope with that.

@moderators please burn this thread

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Don’t worry Icky I’ll give you a smoochie over the internet

Please not from you

:cactus: think of it as a smooch from a goblin or gremlin or whatever you nerds call it

That’s very unhygienic

I washed my face with some water so it should be a-okay

Never heard of him before, but I love him.

Stubborn, talks as if he’s “almighty”

Those are good traits in my book tho

Here’s some emotional support: be yourself, think positively, don’t be scared to talk to someone about your problems