What is your favorite and least favorite feature of this forum?

Continuing the discussion from RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]:

@QuadroCube posed an interesting question to the moderators. However I thought this was an interesting one to discuss in general. What is great? What needs to be improved?

So I pose again: What is your favorite and least favorite feature of this forum?

Ranks mean something.

Threads aren’t paginated.

Emphasis is strongly in favor of conversations instead of frivolous features (signatures, post counts, etc).

I enjoy the community for the most part. Most people are very open to discussions and are pretty civil in my opinion.

I also like that likes and such aren’t as big a deal as content, like Doc said.

One thing I don’t like is that some conversations get derailed by a select few who are quite unruly on the forums. It’s really irritating to be have a discussion with someone and then have someone else burst in and just start flaming everyone.

I would argue that likes are somewhat important, as discourse uses them to rank threads as well as to summarise.

Well, yes. But I feel that people in general aren’t as motivated by likes as just starting a nice conversation. I guess likes just signal traffic to that thread.

For the most part, each feature of the forum has a specific purpose. Like Curlip said, for example, likes are a visible way to show you like a post without adding a new, off-topic reply, and the system uses likes in statistics for user ranks and gauging the popularity of a thread. It’s all very well thought out and purpose driven. That the purposes align with what we wanted in a forum community was what sold me on it.

I also rather think it can be used to show you have seen a post much to the same effect.

The least favorite is atm probably the moving to wc system.

I dont really have a favourite, there is a lot of well-made stuff here.

fonts

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.