What? Mystics matter

No I was just curious why it was on the banned post list.

First of all, pulling the plug on a product right after a bunch of customers have already paid good money for it isn’t good business practice.

Secondly, how is that making any sense? Are you suggesting that the ST set for Mystic is OP? Have you even tried playing with that thing? T6 is superior to the ST orb in pretty much every situation.
Or are you suggesting that the ST set is underpowered? because in that case, you could just not wear it and use tops instead.

I don’t really get why you think Mystic needs a buff or how you would buff it. Right now you’re just proving the guy who put it on a list of forbidden topics right.

Well, if anything he’s asking why it’s only the Mystic there and not the wizard, warrior or knight on the list of no buff. (As the main point.)

I’m curious as to why it’s only the Mystic too. There must be some background info to this.

Buffing suggestions tend to be a lot more frequent for unpopular classes such as Mystic or Necromancer, and generally all suggestions can be summed up by “MOAR DAMAGE PLZ”.

Mystic was also one of the few unpopular classes to actually get a recent rebalance, so I would argue it should not be very high on the priority list.

lol they dont say no suggestions on buff necro or other unpowered classes (thought of from the community)

People typically only want the class they care about to be buffed. Not many people care for the Necromancer to begin with though…

Mystic is buffed as much as it can be without just giving it immense numbers just for giggles.

The thing is, things what would be an awesome niche, such as the power of stasising, used to be really powerful if used right.

These days with pets, i don’t think it’s possible for us to actually have 14 viable classes.

wait why do people care for mystic though?

@Trofimowen kinda agree with that, well some things like statising is just not that useful anymore, hence why they gave curse and berserk.

I don’t know for other people, but I like it as my 2nd favorite class purely because of the stasis.

About to nexus due to being overwhelmed? Stasis.
Someone is blinking red? Stasis.
Need to rush? Stasis.
Police officer catches you speeding? Stasis.
Too many monsters? Stasis half of them and rain hell on the other half with curse and berserk.
Everyone is attacking a chest? Don’t stasis, that’s just rude.

All of your problems can be solved with the Oracle’s Orb, see into the future or…

Stasis.

yeah personally its one of my favourite classes, i personally hate him as a rusher. Like i can rush a mad lab on every class but mystic :expressionless: I think i rely on it too much and dont look at where im running.

Really? I find the Lab the easiest to rush with Mystic compared to other classes. Stasis what you can’t avoid and regen mana while dodging and destroying walls.

triggered

i thought about that for a while, but was like oh well.

What do you mean by “recent”?

After Kabam took over.

I believe this has come from the list of “banned ideas” on the below thread:

That list originated on the old WS forum, so it dates back to… a while ago! I imagine “buff mystic” got added to the banned ideas list due to the forum mods being sick of seeing many threads created on that topic, I guess more than for other classes, all saying the same ideas.

(And in those days mystic was by far the bottom of the barrel of classes, stasis itself even had a longer duration giving even higher stasis-troll potential, maybe that’s why people kept asking for it to be buffed, idk, just a guess.)

But it’s a very healthy class now, since the buff (in Rotmg 25.0.0 - Oct 2014, as you asked @Werbenja) - so it’s an anachronism really for it to be on the current banned ideas list in today’s Rotmg. @Doc, would you consider removing/updating that entry on the list?

Wow, I don’t even remeber asking that.

I know that, back in the days, the mystic had a stigma of being a troll class and all around not very useful. But did that change only with that buff? I know that, since I started playing (about two and half years ago), mystic has been considered by many a useful class.

Also, about the “ideas to avoid” list, is there anything else that should droped? Anything that should be added? Maybe that’s a discussion for another thread.

i remember putting a comment someone as to avoid buff abyss drop (mainly as annoyance/joke), but i got like 7likes on it or somehting.

Was a reply to this Q, but yeah, 2yrs 3months ago that the mystic buff came in, maybe stretches @RMGnoob 's use of “recent”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah it’s a reflection that Rotmg has evolved a bit since the WS era with more content now that mystic can be a great help at, curse always and stasis too.

Shatters coming into the game (Dec 2013) was a significant point for mystic, as stasis could save many a messed up situation, before that there was only really Tomb where she could shine, by controlling the FFA messy ones. Before these, the rarity of a mystic ever being in the group meant a lot of people unused to seeing a mystic could be thrown off by things around coming out of stasis, like at skulls or cubes, which probs contributed to the view that mystic was trolling them even when the mystic knew what they were doing, not to say the ~90% of mystics bad stasising needlessly.

Removed some older items. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.