What to vault and what to throw out?

Despite having 35 vault chests and 8 character slots, I always feel like I’m burdened with junk I don’t need. At the moment, I keep pretty much anything of value: uncommon marks from standard quests (mad labs, theaters) or any other mark that’s harder to get, UT’s, ST’s, Items with 400+ FP, Tarot cards, souvenirs (like Veteran of 2017), 2 chests of dyes/cloths, life and mana pots, t12+ armors, t11+ weapons, t4+ hp rings and t5+ of any other ring.

I try to sell the tiered equipment to other players so it doesn’t get wasted but it’s such a time-consuming process that it would be faster to just farm the pots I’d get from trading in the godlands.

So what should I throw out?

As someone who has consigned themselves to f2p limitations, I’ve traveled this road long and hard. As a reference to how much space I’m dealing with vs. you, I’ve got 8 chests and 6 chars with backpacks, and never a mule in my possession at any point in time, if that all helps.

So, that being said, I would get rid of your tops as you can on Realmeye or USW2 first of everything. The values of those fluctuate wildly, and are pretty situational for interest. Pots are ever so slightly more reliable because they are a universally needed item across characters.

That being said, next, I wouldn’t hold on to any of your mana as they are, on average, far less valuable than they used to be. Life is the only pot I’d store I’d you had to.

Now, this is where your opinion comes in, especially as I have to flit back and forth on this: What is more valuable to you, keeping the full value of your assets (aka life pots), or condensing them down into Glifes and entirely UBHP/DECA rings (As of now, UBHP is probably more efficient if the two, but sometimes you’ll strike it lucky)? With my limited inventory space, my usual choice is condensing down to the rings and reverse breaking it down when I need the life to consume or buy items (like those tops)/pots.

As for the rest of the junk, I have a single chest for the dyes/cloths, and an trying to whittle that down to almost nothing in favor of both what I have in my gift chests and that we can now purchase that stuff with fame (:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:), a couple of the vanity items I love are stashed on one of my inactive characters (like my 2017 token and Energy Signet).

Most of what I have in my vault are ST/UT items and marks. The marks I hoard on my characters as well, even the ones that I use more often, swapping them off of my immediately active character. As a final purge of items, I only bother storing the epic and end game marks. I’ll normally just run the current scout mission, and the lowest two ranking chests aren’t usually worth the effort, imo.

And finally, after all that jabbering your ear off, there’s one more bonus note: if you do choose, if you’d like to store other pots so you don’t have to do as much merching of your rings back to smaller items/pots, you can always do the relatable quests at the tinkerer to meld 3 pots into a greater pot! Yes, you lose a pot of value, but because it’s sent to your gift chests, pronto! You’ve created free vault space at the cost of an extra pot!

Sorry for the ramble. Hope this helps! If you have any questions or insights, please tell me. These are just some methods that work for my personal account, and not necessarily the best way!

In general, don’t try too hard to maximize the value of everything. Give stuff away instead of trying to sell it.

Shifting your hoarding limit up a tier would probably help a lot. T12 armor and T11 weapons? Yeah they are great, but go ahead and give those away to people you see leveling in the realm. It probably doesn’t really mean much to you since they are basically worth a rainbow pot, but it is a huge gift to a new player and might be the thing that encourages them to stick around and become a long-lasting member of the community.

Same with the T5+ of non-HP rings (especially def). I can tell just by looking at your characters and your maxed rare pet that you probably don’t actually use those. Again, a great gift for a new player. I don’t blame you for keeping a few Para HPs around, but just pay attention to if you ever actually use them! I have had 4 of them in my vault myself for several months that are theoretically backups, but at this point I find better rings than that at a faster pace than I lose them.

2 chests of dyes? No real reason unless they are rare/seasonal ones that you really like. Use them or toss them, you can always go to the bazaar and get a dye for fame if you want to.

Keep marks only for mighty chests and endgame dungeons, and don’t keep more than 3/6 of any endgame one (depending on how frequently you plan and can replenish that stock). As mentioned above, just do the scout quest for the easy mark each day as it comes up, and don’t bother saving marks for the normal quest chests. They aren’t really worth it. If you happen to get the sprite world one while you are farming for a Planeswalker, go for it, but don’t feel bad letting them to over the next day.

Such a good reply, exactly what I was thinking.

You have a lot of things there I would get rid of. Most tiered gear I give away or drop when I run out room, I never vault them. The only exception is things worth a life so tops including t5 HP rings which I will keep to use, or sell if I need the space. Prices for them are pretty stable so if I need a t6 ability at a later date I can buy it. I have yet to have only 8/8 chars so can always drink pots, but ones I can’t drink can be traded up to ones I can.

Tarot cards I dropped long ago. Dyes I only vault if I think I might use it. If I cannot think of a use for it on a char within a day I drop it. I still have lots from previous fame packages, but in my gift chests so they take up no vault space.

Marks I only keep ones for mighty quests or better. Never for standard quests: if I ever feel like doing them I will collect them on the fly.

I love the idea of giving stuff away! I was thinking about doing that myself, but I wasn’t sure. I still remember who knows how long ago when somebody in my guild gave me a horror staff and I thought it was just the most amazing thing I’d ever seen. Thanks for the response!

I would tell you the exact st/ut items to keep/feed/drop, if you have an image

It took a bit to organize, but here it is:

Get rid of EPs, Csilks, Niles, Sphinx, extra hook, St abrahams, CCs, expo, esben staff, and like half of the dbows/cbow/ctrap you don’t need that many. consider using a mule for the tarots if you want to keep them as a collection

I must say, that’s quite the sb collection you have there. Also, are you saving those moss bags still? :slight_smile:

i’ll say throw out the dye/cloth or use it cause you get them every month from the calendar
& feed the pet food to pets to reduce the craps & trade in life pot for G life to reduce the space, that should help clean up a bit.

I personally would still hang on to the UT items unless you absolutely need the space for something else due to the UT exchange coming (hopefully) soon!

I would feed them for Legendary pet instead. Just like how I did it to my 3 ASS and Planewalkers.

Wow, I’m surprised you took the time to look through all that! I’ll feed them when I get a chance, but I have to fuse up to legendary first :confused:

Yep… maybe they’ll come in handy in September, who knows?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.