What's going on with the Combat Trigger formulas page on realmeye?

Is it just me, or are the official formulas and examples not consistent with each other?

I’m sorry?

I believe I know what you are implying, but to initiate a proper discussion, I would offer some specific examples for us to work with. :slightly_smiling_face:

For example it says
If 30 < Defense ≤ 45:
Trigger = 26.25 + (DEF-30) * 0.5

And

If 45 < Defense:
Trigger = 33.75 + (DEF-45) * 0.25

But the calculation examples below are:

Rogue with 45 DEF: Trigger = 30 + (45-35) * 0.5 = 30 + 10 * 0.5 = 35

Knight with 77 DEF: Trigger = 45 + (77-65) * 0.25 = 45 + 12 * 0.25 = 48

The calculations don’t match up with the examples.

Sorry for the late response, but it’s basically what KungFuCat said

Ah, seems this is my fault. I ‘corrected’ the formulae to match the one at the top, but that one is wrong.

The formula that’s wrong says

Trigger = 1 + (DEF from 0-15) + 0.75(DEF from 16-30) + 0.5(DEF from 31-45) + 0.25(DEF from 46+)

But that is confusing; according to the patch notes:

the ranges are the combat trigger brackets, not def ranges. The text was similarly unclear. So when I updated the formulae to match the formula above I got it wrong.

I’ve had a go at updating the page, removing the broken formulae, tweaking the paragraph which explains it so it’s clearer, and adding a table from the patch notes which shows the same info in a different format.

Thank you so much, if it’s okay, I still have one more question bout the examples.

For the knight with 77 def, the formula is:

Trigger = 45 + (77-65) * 0.25 = 45 + 12 * 0.25 = 48

In this exmple, where did the 65 come from?

Wait, nvm, I got it, we got 65 by adding (15/1) + (15/.75) + (15/.5) = 15 + 20 + 30

If you want to edit a post you can click the little pencil icon so you don’t have to make an entirely new one btw! :slight_smile:

I’ve had another go at updating the wiki page, focussing on clarifying the confusion. There are two ‘ranges’ involved, the ranges if the IC damage triggers, and the DEF ranges they apply over. They are easy to confuse as they are very similar numbers.

The page now describes each in text, and has them side by side in a table, so is hopefully much clearer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.