Which one should i use Tablet, Ancient Pierce, Thousand Suns

Wait…

According to the wiki, ASP does 53-115 damage per shot (1680 avg. total) and eledet does 80-165 per shot (2450 avg total).

If that’s right, then ASP only surpasses eledet for enemies with 38.5+ def… And I’m pretty sure the +3 ATT bonus isn’t enough to compensate for that kind of disparity.

Am I missing something? Is the wiki page outdated and ASP has been changed?

Someone answer him, I’m not smart enough.

The math I’ve done checks out with the wiki’s evaluation.

2450 - 20x = 1680
(20 shots per spell and each one is reduced by enemy’s defense: x)

x = 770/20 = 38.5

This totally sounds like you sent up the Stupid signal. :smiley:

You mentioned that ASP is always better against enemies with def>=38.5 (chests, events, shatters, trenches).

You forgot the upper bound
The perfect spellbomb is nerfed from 1680 or 2450 to the maximum hp of whatever you are hitting. Of enemies with less than 38 defense, the most common use will be mountain (godland) mobs.

• full spellbomb: 1680 vs 2450
    *levis, medusas, sprites (2k HP): Edet deals 320 more damage
    *beholders (1.5k HP): equal damage
    *ents, whites, ghosts, sprites, brains (1k HP): equal damage

This is assuming that the target has full hp and you can land a perfect spellbomb. You are also pointing your 1900 staff dps at an enemy that’s about to get vaporized, so hopefully there are more enemies behind/in front or you lose 1900 damage (although this is not dependent upon which spell you use).

You don’t always land perfect spellbombs
Now let’s say you don’t land perfect spellbomb all the time.

• half spellbomb shots hit: 840 vs 1225 = 385 in favor of Edet (unless reduced by upper bound)
  • 5 spellbomb shots hit: 420 vs 612 = 192 in favor of Edet

+3 attack from ASP to the stave translates to +77 dps

You have to ask yourself how frequently you press space bar, how many spell projectiles actually hit an enemy, and of the time in between how often you are hitting enemies with the staff…all assuming you aren’t in shatters, trenches, or shooting a chest.

YMMV
Maybe you’re just that much more effecient with the spellbomb, but personally I can’t be bothered to squeeze out the extra bit of damage by landing perfectly placed spellbombs as frequently as mana will allow in order to get just a little bit better at the cost of 77 dps/second on the staff and admitted poorer damage in shatters. I could be wrong, but this feels like the right choice to me.

Or in other words:

So ASP is used primarily to boost the damage of the staff…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.