Why doesn't oryx have more health?

I understand that oryx (o1 and o2 in particular) were made in a period of time when players were less skilled, experienced, did not have as much good gear, and didn’t have pets. But this is 2022 now, o1 dies in like 30 seconds and people end up having to choose if they should do janus or oryx (In some cases, people clear oryx and pop wine cellar so fast they may not even get to the wine cellar on tome). I also understand the first oryx is just a simulacrum but he is the face of the game and that didn’t stop wildshadow from making him so difficult for players back then.

My reccomendation HP buff (Not including boss adaptive HP scaling)
o1 —> 1 million base HP
o2 —> 2 million base HP
o3 —> 3 million base HP

My question follows, why doesn’t oryx have way more health? I would love to fight oryx in a long and tenacious battle. I would go the extreme and ramp their HPs like crazy

P.S: Make oryx stun immune

o1 used to die in like 5 seconds before hp scaling. And i don’t know about you but the runs i do o1 takes longer than 30 seconds because no knights are stunning him. I don’t think anyone would want o1 to take longer because he does not drop good loot. Lastly, i think 3 million base hp is kind of insane. I would imagine a lot of people that are trying to solo or do o3 with a small group would not be too happy when o3 takes 30 minutes

The problem with all of those is they would punish solo or small groups taking them on. Try soloing O1 to see what I mean. Right now it’s still a fight that takes a few minutes/several phases depending on your luck with phases and your ability to handle them. Raising his HP to 1m, so 20x his current HP, and it would take an hour or more.

It’s quicker with more people, not so much because of the limitations of HP scaling, just as more people normally means someone can boost, someone can stun, someone can slow/paralyse minions and obstructions, and someone can draw his shots/chase while others flank him. That’s by design though – it’s cooperative multiplayer and having different players contribute differently is part of the design. HP scaling exists to stop bosses being steamrolled by such groups, so they still provide at least a little challenge.

It’s true they’re much less of a challenge than 2-3 years ago. That’s as players are much more powerful though, with Exaltations and better gear from endgame dungeons. But it’s hard to fix this without making things much worse for players who haven’t yet reached the level of being able to do exaltation/endgame dungeons. Better to do as they do now, have new dungeons for endgame content, which O1 and O2 are not really part of any more. O2 doesn’t even drop the best tiered gear any more, never mind the best UT and ST items. O1’s drops are even less interesting.

As someone who used to run solo O1 and even O2 a lot more before O3 raids were as prevalent, I can attest to that point. Additionally, powercreep is just a part of the game now… I don’t really know that there’s a realistic way to stop it now.

I believe the main intent is to make o1 and o2 have the current base health they have now is due to newer players in the realm. For people getting into the game it would drastically hurt their experience if they enter a server with no people and face castle, o1, and o2 just to take 5-10 minutes going through so many phases. For midgame to endgame players of course it is easier to steamroll due to maxed characters with endgame gear. They definitely need to revamp castle, o1, and o2 but if they cater too much to endgame players they possibly will drive out those who are new.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.