Why you still play RotMG?

As a player who’s been here for a while, the main thing that keeps me coming back is PPEs. I always enjoy maxing a character from scratch, and it keeps the easy-to-get white bags feeling rewarding. On a PPE getting something like an EP or dbow still feels like it did 9 years ago, and I’m just so fucking addicted.

i play because im a lonely sad person.

9 years from tomorrow and I still don’t know why

I started late 2014 ( not on this account of course )

Twinsies! Do remember the month, if not the date?

Realm is a tricky one. My Journey is closing in on 8 years, and its been relatively fun throughout. A game that was a hard carry throughout my teen years meant I never had to have a flashy steam library, and could fall back on something quick, easy, and enjoyable to boot up.

I never really played for the aspect of the Realm community, or for loot, or really any of that. Its because it was simple, and fun to explore, and to this day, thats still the case, infact, now more than ever.

I took 2 or so years out to focus on life a little, and after returning last year, I’m glad i can put the game back up and down again in my free time without the worry of being super addicted to it. The game is a comfortable thing to fall on when i’m bored and that will always be the case of this game.

I also have one of the slowest learning curves to Realm. I played awfully for so long, and now as of last year, completely shattering my previous records for fame and characters, its nice to see I’m getting better at things, even if they are taken away from me. Proof that life goes on and you become better at stuff by default. Thats a nice reminder given now has been one of the more stressful times of life - the transition to becoming an adult.

Again, I could not care less about my progress, and I’ll never look at this game as something I want to sink every spare minute of my time into like my past self.

Realm’s been a nice teacher, and regardless of whatever is to come, i’ll remember it like that.

I am hopeful for DECA and their journey with the game and the community that comes with it, but as far as I go, I’ll just be sticking my head in and out.

Dec 2014 I don’t know the day

Close! I came in on the same day as this update.

Almost December.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.