Will ?/8 stat tracking come back?

I suppose there’s still no way to view exact stats for lefttomax, but the new “Now playing” social tab shows stats/8 for people in the same area as you. It would be nice to show max stats of alive players again.

Ever since RotMG ported to Unity, Realmeye for some reason is still having trouble of tracking exact stats. About a year ago, Deca claimed that they are providing continuous aid to Realmeye but now, I have yet to see a noticeable difference from the so-called collaboration.

It has nothing to do with the Unity port. All of your players stats (actual “stats”, including but not limited to name, guild, rank, gold, fame, hp/mp/rainbow stats, inv/backpack, etc) were broadcasted to every player in game. Realmeye used this information with their bots to track your character’s stats. About 2-3 years ago DECA stopped your inventory from being broadcasted, and then stopped your non life/mana stats from being broadcasted. Now Realmeye has no information to go off of.

DECA’s Realmeye support was definitely more than a year ago, I thought that was when they helped rank up MrEyeball to then-white star and I honestly think that’s all they did, but we don’t really know anything behind the scenes. DECA very clearly does not help Realmeye’s bots when there’s an update and Rotmg’s network protocol changes, which causes Realmeye to be down for a certain amount of time, but that hasn’t happened in a while. They could at the very least give them a warning, or Realmeye could get their bots working on the testing build ahead of time in preperation for prod.

What DECA needed to do when they bought the game is make an external character viewer like most modern mmo games have (WoW’s armory, etc), but that never would happen.

I meant that it looked like the newest update added stat broadcasting back. Regardless it seems like RealmEye reenabled it :slight_smile:

It did but currently, Realmeye can’t track stats accurately.