Wizard or archer?

Here I am again :smiley: .What should I choose to use as my main class(and probably max) wizard or archer?I will answer any question if it helps you make a choice…

• Archer
  • Wizzy

0 voters

I would go archer. He’s a much more versatile class, with the ability to deal lots of damage at all defense levels and inflict slow/paralyze upon enemies. Also, for me at least, wizard tends to be kind of boring to play.

I am aiming to not die not to have fun :smiley: and also which one has a better defense(not expecting knight stats but still)?

Archer has better def and is overall more survivable. If something rushes at you, press spacebar and they can’t move.

Survivability on all ranged classes is already quite high though, arguably more so than knights and the like.

Archer are more well rounded class

What about skill requirement

If you want to use dbow, being good at aiming is a requirement. Also, it helps to have good aiming with the quiver too. If you’re not as good with aiming you can always try huntress, or go with wizzy.

I’m just going to put my two-cents in here.
I prefer Wizard over Archer solely because of the differences between the two.
Allow me to explain:

Similarities:
Both are long-ranged classes
Both have the same def cap
Both have the same att cap

Differences:
Wizard has a higher dex cap compared to the Archer
Wizard is a robe class, while Archer is a leather armor class
Both use different types of weapons (Wizard uses Staves; Archer uses Bows)
Archer’s Ability works differently than the Wizard’s Ability - as in, The Archer’s ability is to more or less is to paralyze or slow enemies and inflict damage, where the Wizard’s ability is purely raw damage.
Wizard is Dumbledore, Archer is Link from Legend of Zelda.

Conclusion:
imo Wizard > Archer

Go archer if you have a dbow, if you don’t a dbow, go wizzy.

Dbow is a good reason to make an archer but archer is fun whether or not you have uts

Archer is more survivable, wiz is a bit more fragile but generally mows down enemies faster. (I say generally because someone will bring up huge mobs/god walls)

I would make a wizard unless you have a dbow or cbow.

Depends on the items you have
If you have good wiz gear go for wizard and vice versa for the archer
Use your Wizard to farm archer gear
I have an 8/8 wiz and 7/8 archer and I enjoy playing both equally
Nice damage nice range and overall good loot

Judging by your RealmEye you have no good characters
So I would start by making a knight first then proceed to doing a wizard but its up to you

In your situation, I personally wouldn’t recommend either classes. I think playing a knight (or maybe a pally) would be better because they don’t need any special equipment nor do they die easily. But, if you want to pick between archer and wizard, I would most likely recommend wizard.

Although tiered bows have been buffed, an archer with tiered bows is still much weaker than a wizard. Any extra tankiness that he has over a wizard is instantly negated if he needs to go close to enemies to land all 3 shots.

Even if an archer has untiered bows, I would still pick wizard in your case. First off, it’s not good practice to play with hard-to-get untiered items on an unmaxed character. More importantly, however, wizard has a simpler kit. All you need to do is press spacebar near the enemy, so you won’t have to worry about precise aiming; thus, you can focus more on dodging and pressing your nexus button, if necessary.

archer:
pros

can use op bows
pierces targets
has better armor than wizard

cons
less dps than wizard
triple shot bows are hard to hit all the 3 shots, forcing u to go close and thus have less reaction time
less range than wizard

wizard:
pros
has good dps
beginner friendly class
when all shots hit ( spell bomb ), it will deal insane damage

cons
has less armor than archer
its very hard to find the sweet spot to hit all shots, especially with moving targets
oh and, robes sucks

Here is why I am not going knight or paladin:melee range.For me,it is a big con.It just feels like you get hit easier…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.