X.31.8.0 - Alien Invasion Patch Note

I don’t think we’re talking about the same dungeons here… the goop is a few notches short of just… making a liquid inflict paralyze. That’s what it feels like, walking through it.

New LOD gives a wrong dungeon completion upon finishing it. It used to be like this:

• Lair of Draconis completion was given to anyone who completed the easy mode (didn’t fight Ivory dragon) and exited through the Realm Portal near the altar instead of going to Ivory (since its portal didn’t spawn).

• Lair of Draconis (HM) was given to anyone who completed the Ivory fight (aka qualified on the final boss) and exited realm portal in a separate Ivory room.

Now you don’t get Hardmode completions anymore, you get a LOD completion that stacks with the old easy mode one, so you are mixing legacy dungeon completions “didn’t fight Ivory” with new dungeon completions “Fought Ivory”. This is wrong.

Here are some proofs: I took this screenshot on my ninja yesterday to mark how many LODs did I have completed before its rework. It was 155 hard mode ones (fought Ivory) and 7 easy mode ones (people called wrong colors and I still completed the thing for some reason). Here are my current dungeon completions after running 2 new LODs: now it’s 155 and 9, which means 2 Ivory fights were added to the old easy mode counter of LODs with no Ivory fights.

Here’s how I propose to fix it:

• Either make new LOD give hard mode completions (rename it into “LOD” maybe and rename the other one into “easy mode LOD”?)

• Either make a new dungeon counter and call it “Reworked LOD” or “LOD 2.0” and keep old hard mode and easy mode as legacy counters.

Is it bad to say that I’m glad I was hacked when I was?

Maybe.

Well, either way, this update makes me feel that.

I don’t know if anyone needs this but I’ll type some advice for what to farm here just in case:

E-Sports method: if you still somehow don’t have them after finishing the grind for the Entropy Reactor, farm Red for Dbow reskin and Calibrik for alien leather. Congratulations, you have won the game.

Slack method: focus on Red for Dbow+Tezca or Green for ASS+Stinger.

Semi-slack method: as far as individual cores go, Blue and Green are the best while the other two are more situational. If you want to build at least one alien set, leather and heavy are the way to go unless you really like using Tezca as main staff.

General advice:-Don’t bother trying to solo every single alien world, you’re going to waste a ton of time.

-Kill enemies one by one. If you all let them regroup in the middle, you’re just going to make things harder for yourself.

-Blue final boss: kill tentacles to make boss vulnerable in the middle. Has to be done twice in the fight.

-Yellow final boss: try to lure him outside of the sandstorm or else he’ll stay invulnerable.

MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

Thanks rmg, very cool :+1:

I guess this means I’ll go for green mostly, cuz my trickster wants that stinger

Also, watch your distance with the yellow boss. Went from full to <50 HP after him jumping to me. The 8/8 Paladin that was with me wasn’t as lucky, got insta popped. Might not be worth doing yellow as melee to be honest.

Nice tips! Definitely will help some players make wise decisions to maximise their earnings from this event.

Good general advice, although if we look deeper into it, there’s slightly more to it.

I main on a quiet server, and when an alien spawns, I’ll sometimes solo the alien worlds. It takes a lot of time, but allows me to complete a significant number of planets in just one realm. In crowded realms, you only get to do one, or if lucky, 2 planets before they’re all gone. So in such a case, soloing is better

However, there’s definitely a balance to strike if you’ve got friends/a guild. I’d usually call my guild mates and some friends to tackle the alien invasion together, and we’ll coordinate to beat each planet one by one. This is probably the optimal way to grind out the planets: With a small, coordinated group of players, rather than solo (yes I contradicted myself) or in a crowd too massive, since a massive crowd may fail due to time scaling becoming too extreme

Okay, so, I crunched some numbers based on all the new items. Let’s just say… melees are fucking broken.

Assume that you have:

• Gaseous Glaive, as that’s the superior reskin of the two
  • Tier 6 Ability or a specific UT mentioned
  • The Mantle thing
  • Entropy Reactor

Now, let’s take these and do the math.

Gaseous Glaive - -2 Defense, +3 Speed
Colo/GGen - +10 Defense / Ogmur - +14 Defense, +60 Maximum HP / Jugg - +10 Defense, +5 Speed / Marble Seal - +5 Defense
Mantle - +21 Defense
Entropy Reactor - +120 Maximum HP, +90 Maximum MP, +10 Attack, +10 Defense, +9 Speed, +10 Dexterity

Stats

These aren’t even including the extra effects from the armor and reactor.

Knight

890 / 950 Maximum HP
342 Maximum MP
60 Attack
79 / 83 Defense
62 Speed
60 Dexterity

Warrior

890 Maximum HP
342 Maximum MP
85 Attack
64 Defense
62 / 67 Speed
60 Dexterity

Paladin

890 Maximum HP
342 Maximum MP
60 Attack
59 / 64 Defense
67 Speed
55 Dexterity

TL;DR,

WHAT THE FUCK, DECA?

Loaded Core is the most broken ring in the game, and that’s not just on melees.

Entropy Reactor has a number of things that make it less worth going for:

-the effects are too random to be relied upon

-the classes that can trigger the effects the most reliably (aka melees) already have other, much more reliable ways to produce the same effects (Armor Break from Ogmur, Paralyze from Electric pet, Poison doesn’t really matter because of already bonkers DPS, Decoy is the only really good effect and it’s unreliable as hell)

-on any other class, the effects will be triggered less often and won’t be as useful (small radius around yourself on a long-range class=won’t hit anything most of the time)

ER is mostly for bragging rights.

I still think Red and Green UTs are better as main weapons overall, but if you really love playing Cutlass or Tshot all day I guess CandyShi Planet is a good alternative.

Copied from an update to the Reddit:
I guess this was X.31.8.1 as that’s changed too on the front screen.

MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

Screenshot of what they meant by this, for those curious:

Real shit?

They got some credit for the “Isles of Forax” but then lost them all by calling the Altar a table.

Edit:

Perhaps would’ve been better had they made a brand new stat for Lod 2.0 and left both the old ones as legacy stats, as the rework changed so many fundamentals of the dungeon, but that ship has sailed.

I’ve come around to thinking that the portal completions are actually okay, as the meaning isn’t what enemies were fought, but where the fight was completed, with the old ‘hard mode’ referring specifically to having visited the old Ivory Chamber, which we can no longer do.

The dungeons are named on our stats as Lair of Draconis and Lair of Draconis (HM):

So this is saying that the old ‘easy mode’ was a Completed Lod (cleared all the dragons in the room).
The Lod 2.0 is also a Completed Lod (cleared all the dragons in the room, albeit there is now a 5th)
And the old ‘hard mode’ is what has been removed, its completions no longer accruing as we no longer visit the Ivory Chamber.

Maybe if the HM stat was renamed to Lair of Draconis (Legacy HM).
This could make it clearer that the stat refers to no-longer accessible content.

Edit2: another thing to mention is the stats already were quite screwy since the dungeon was released in Jun 2014 but the counters weren’t coded until Mar 2017 (non-HM) and Jul 2017 (HM).

But an altar is a table, specifically one used for religious purposes.

It’s really just displaced/misfocused snideyness from me due to dislike of recent updates, using it as an opportunity to suggest the Devs aren’t ‘into’ their own game enough to know the correct term for it, like as if they had referred to a tome as a “book” which it is, but it also isn’t. If you see what I mean. Eh we are maybe analysing this too much now I feel like I should sit on a couch :stuck_out_tongue: .

But are you sure it isn’t a sofa?

The General Chat Thread

The physical part of the Altar of Draconis are internally referred to as LOD Table [Position], hence why it’s referred as such in the patch notes, it would have made more sense to call it the name players are familiar with but it slipped my mind, I’ll make sure to remember that in the future.

Regarding the Lair of Draconis completions, showing the HM completions does not make sense to most players from now on as the content is simply no longer accessible.
In a future update we will be displaying the total of both Lair of Draconis and Lair of Draconis (HM) completions under the Lair of Draconis label and hide the hard mode one.

I agree that making a separate counter for new LOD would be a more appropriate choice, they should call it “Lair of Draconis (HM(HM))” lol.

So this is saying that the old ‘easy mode’ was a Completed Lod (cleared all the dragons in the room).
The Lod 2.0 is also a Completed Lod (cleared all the dragons in the room, albeit there is now a 5th)
And the old ‘hard mode’ is what has been removed, its completions no longer accruing as we no longer visit the Ivory Chamber.

See, the old (HM) completion implied that you have also cleared all the dragons before fighting Ivory (since you couldn’t access it without beating all of them), so it logically equals the new LOD completion in the sense that you fought all 5 dragons to exit through this portal. Old LOD (easy mode) completion in that sense meant that you only fought 4 dragons. Where exactly the last fight happened mattered less, in my opinion - the fact that it’s no longer a separate room shouldn’t warrant summarizing old counters with 4 dragons completed with the new counters “all 5 dragons completed”.

In a future update we will be displaying the total of both Lair of Draconis and Lair of Draconis (HM) completions under the Lair of Draconis label and hide the hard mode one.

Mixing both of these counters makes no sense, it’s like summarizing pcave completions with ddocks completions (maybe not as extreme but you should get the point). What’s wrong with keeping the legacy counters and making a separate one for the new LOD? You shouldn’t take away former player’s experiences and achievements just because the rework happened.