Xaklor's Dye Tool

Pfiffel’s dye tool is hopelessly outdated. so we find ourselves again lost as to how dyes and cloths look on the ever increasing number of available skins. which is then further compounded by the fact that some dye masks aren’t very well done.

well I’ve been working on a dye tool that isn’t hard-coded like pfiffel’s, it can update itself and run just fine with little to no effort on my part to keep it up to date. it comes in the form of a downloadable application, and looks something like this when run:

you can get the whole thing here on Github, there’s instructions on README.txt.

couple things worth pointing out:

• I don’t have 16x16 skins on there, and don’t plan to until later
  • chosen cloths will only display as “Large Cloth” or “Small Cloth”, turns out the xml on static.drips.pw doesn’t connect the names of cloths to their patterns (at least as far as I can tell), but since the patterns are easily recognizable hopefully it won’t be a big deal.
  • there are a lot of unreleased/unmentioned skins on there, but they do exist and are 100% real.

#BUT XAKLOR HOW DO I KNOW UR NOT SOME HAXOR OUT TO STEAL MY STUFF?

actually I’m really new to this so I’m not 100% sure how I can assure you of this. I tried putting it through VirusTotal (the same site Jakisaurus put his Jakcodex/Muledump through) but 3/61 detectors still think I’m out to hack your computer or something.

(hash for Dye-Tool.zip is eb6157b9fd3d8435cff285f22536fde13e197af7f1dbb1433d261f8c9a14b0ee)

so for good measure I’ve also included the original DyeTool.py script the .exe was built from, so you can read the entirety of what’s going on for yourself. heck, if you have python on your computer you can delete the .exe and just use the script if you want to be safe (ok actually you’ll also need pygame and the pillow PIL fork but the point stands).

if you have any other ideas of how I can prove my trustworthiness let me know, or you can just not get it.

inb4 someone with actual experience comes along and tells me how inefficient and messy my code is

Rotmg Doodles
[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

Ahhh, very nice. But what is this font I see?

no idea, absolutely none at all >_>

just downloaded it; everything works fine

takes about 10 seconds for me to run everything.

also, to vouch:

didnt pop up anything and bitdefender and malwarebytes didnt detect anything so unless xaklor is a secret master hacker…

Looks amazing! Looks like there’s a lot of effort put into this! Well done! :+1:

Got it working, also I put my favorite skins for that class on my characters that had dyes

I’m not sure if you saw on discord. But despite my best efforts downloading things to try and make this work, I am unable to make this work on Mac due to a lack of installation / execute scripts. I tried downloading various modules to resolve the error, but I couldn’t quite get it.

Very well done, I like it. Might I suggest a search feature for both skins and dyes, as well as a tooltip for each dye so you know what is what? It is currently quite difficult to identify a specific dye or cloth.

I’ll see what I can do about making a mac version, but pyinstaller will apparently only make a mac app if I’m using a mac, which I don’t own. I’ll look into a mac-specific version, but with the amount of time I’ve sunk into this and the end of the semester coming faster than I’d expect it will probably take longer than you’d expect.

I can see the utility of adding a tooltip for the dyes as a lot of them are too similar to distinguish, but as I said above the xml from static.drips.pw doesn’t reference the cloth patterns themselves. since there is no link between cloth images and cloth names I would have to add them manually, which somewhat defeats the point of this type of tool.

I’ll almost certainly add dye tooltip at some point and look into a search feature (I assume you mean filtering them by class or something), but again, I won’t get around to it until later.

Does it have the same effect of Pfiffel, when you select one dye, it applies it to all the characters?

nope.

Aw. That’s what I would be using to choose my dyes.

I don’t think many are a fan of downloading anything. You shold and make it a live page on GitHub.io so it’d be like Xaklor.github.io/Dye

You should hit up Nightfirecat. He’s one of the originals who helped Atomizer get the very first Fitting Room up and running. I hit him up a week or two ago and he said he’d look into updated the original, found here. I’m sure he’d be more than happy to help you with the feature set and adding the features the original had. He said he’d look into updating the old one but was extremely busy. With yours taking the brunt of the work away, I am sure he could help you update it with the features of the old one and maybe even host it online on his github.

Looks like a cool tool, maybe make an updated dps calc with all the new items that have been added since February of last year? :wink:

######(rhyme on “cool tool” not intended)

I actually gave it a shot here: https://curlip.github.io/rotmg-dps/. Project is kinda dead while I do other stuff. But maybe one day…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.